Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon airport parking.

• 19-04-2016 10:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone tell me anything about parks my at Shannon airport.

Is there much of a difference between the long and short term or is there such a thing ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

image.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Thanks. Does anybody know if it's worth it to go short term - to save on a long walk or bus etc

We will have 2 young kids with us so the less walking etc the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Wheter it's worth it or not is up to you. It's right in front of the door...so how much is the convenience worth to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well if you're flying out for any longer than a day trip the short term will set you back a fortune!

Well if you're flying out for any longer than a day trip the short term will set you back a fortune!

So short term is saucy enough so.

How far away is the long term - is it walkable or is there a bus etc ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

So short term is saucy enough so.

How far away is the long term - is it walkable or is there a bus etc ?

The short term car park 1 and long term car park 1 are the same car park. You just use a different entrance gate. This car park is located in front of the terminal. The Park4Less car park is located to the left of the terminal but is still only a 5 minute walk from the terminal.
    http://www.shannonairport.ie/Libraries/Car_Parks_Documents/Car_Park_Map_Final_PDF.sflb.ashx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Long term is very easily walkable and there is only a kerbstone in the difference between Long Term and Short Term.

If you do have a lot of bags/buggy for kids etc, one option would be to go in the Set Down entrance, drop off your partner, kids and baggage and let them wait there for you while you go park the car in the Long Term Car Park. You have 15 mins free in the Set Down Area. You would have to drive out the Set Down area and back around and come in the Long Term Entrance to go the car park. It seems like a lot of palaver to me for the sake of a short walk, but only you know how much luggage you have/age of kids etc.

Parking in the Short Term Car Park is uneconomical even if you're doing a day trip normally.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd only ever go into the short term if I'm on expenses :D

Go into the long 2 park if you have kids/buggies, pull up at the entrance of the car park and 1 of you bring the buggies/kids on a short walk while the other parks, the other then brings the remaining bag, far shorter walk that the other long term

I can get long term 1 car park for 65 euro for 2 weeks. That's not too bad is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I can get long term 1 car park for 65 euro for 2 weeks. That's not too bad is it ?

Less than a fiver a day so yes good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The Park4less is €25 for a week, so well worth it for longer stays.

Advertisement