Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin 2016

Options
  • 20-04-2016 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All

Does anybody know of a bike/Tri shop that will hire out bikes suitable for this race. I am travelling from South Africa and have a holiday planned for after the race so don't want to drag a bike around with me.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

not aware of any shops in the dublin area that rents race type bikes

id try calling some of the following shops who can probably point you to somewhere that does even if they don't themselves

base2race
    wheelworx

both do tri gear so may have an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GavinErasmus

Will give both a call, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Not sure if they rent tri bikes but road bikes are available from Planet Tri, might worth checking out

http://www.planet-tri.ie/bike-hire-ireland.html

was going to suggest them as they are my local shop, live a mile away, but thought the op might be looking for somewhere close to dublin...good shout though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

mossym wrote: »
    was going to suggest them as they are my local shop, live a mile away, but thought the op might be looking for somewhere close to dublin...good shout though

Im pretty sure they have been present at some races Ive done, I may be wrong but for an event like IM Dublin or perhaps Challange Galway I would expect them to travel up for if they had enough business, probably worth their while?

Might suggest it to them Mossy if your in there anytime.

• Advertisement

Im pretty sure they have been present at some races Ive done, I may be wrong but for an event like IM Dublin or perhaps Challange Galway I would expect them to travel up for if they had enough business, probably worth their while?

Might suggest it to them Mossy if your in there anytime.

will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Hi All

Does anybody know of a bike/Tri shop that will hire out bikes suitable for this race. I am travelling from South Africa and have a holiday planned for after the race so don't want to drag a bike around with me.

Thanks

what level of bike are you looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GavinErasmus

Thanks for the info all. Current bike is a Kestrel 4000. Nothing special but I am 6'3" so quite a large frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Hi All

Thanks

I live close to the airport so you can leave your bike in my house if you wanted to bring your bike for the race. You can return the favour if I ever race in SA!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

My FB feed recently had a post from wheelworx saying they do race and tt bike rental so contact them if you haven't already. Very tri savvy staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

ups wrong thread

Advertisement