Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommendation for landscaping or paving company

Options
  • 20-04-2016 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

I would be grateful for recommendations for landscaping or paving companies please. Need a lot of work done on our garden.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I'm on the lookout too so might as well join this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am in the gardening business but I don't do hard landscaping. I used to recommend people but I don't any more as it damages my reputation. One of my clients used an award winning local company & paid a fortune. The work looked pretty good but she wouldn't use them again - it took months to finish instead of the weeks that they quoted.

I have seen some dreadful work. The problem can be that doing things properly can be more expensive. Contractors get people who just want a quick, cheap job because they will be selling the house. The other problems is that Landscapers are rarely gardeners.

I would recommend that you decide what you want done & then research how it should be done. For example what the base should be for paving. Then draw up a detailed specification covering every detail of the work. You can then use this to get quotes & it becomes part of the contract.

Advertisement