Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade my a**!

Options
  • 20-04-2016 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Well have been on Meteor since around 2009. Have had the Galaxy S,S3 & currently on the S5. Contract just ended and looking to upgrade to the S6. Prices are mad! To add insult to injury, there is practically no difference buying as a new customer and "upgrading!.Nearly €400!!

The mad thing about it is, two years ago, when I upgraded to the S5, I got the phone for €49. Now I know that was savage value but there has to be a middle ground between €49 and €400!!!! The S6 isn't even newest model!

Sorry about rant but just annoys me. So, does anyone know where you can get value for an S6?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pick a higher tariff and it'll be cheaper.
    Super Deluxe Extra 4G €199.00
    €65
    30GBUnlimitedUnlimited24 months50 international mins & texts FREE EU Roaming.

You either pay for the phone via your plan or up front, there's no free lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭techdiver

If you can afford to, you should always purchase your phone sim free and go on a sim only plan. It always works out cheaper in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cb1959

the goon wrote: »
    Well have been on Meteor since around 2009. Have had the Galaxy S,S3 & currently on the S5. Contract just ended and looking to upgrade to the S6. Prices are mad! To add insult to injury, there is practically no difference buying as a new customer and "upgrading!.Nearly €400!!

The mad thing about it is, two years ago, when I upgraded to the S5, I got the phone for €49. Now I know that was savage value but there has to be a middle ground between €49 and €400!!!! The S6 isn't even newest model!

Sorry about rant but just annoys me. So, does anyone know where you can get value for an S6?

Thanks in advance.

A friend of mine got S6 recently for €99 recently with Eir. Same network as Meteor. In a bundle with Fibre & TV so I don't know how much if no bundle? Eir seem to be doing best Bill-pay offers on Eir Mobile and focusing Meteor on prepay.

Advertisement