Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hammerli Xesse Cleaning

Options
  • 20-04-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Can anyone with a Hammerli Xesse recommend a way to cleaning the pistol.

What rod etc do you use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Did you get a pistol rod with your X-esse ? One came with mine. I have never used it mind you lol. I clean my pistol at the same time I'm cleaning the 10/22 so after stripping the pistol I use the rifle cleaning rod. Firstly I push some solvent cleaner down the barrel then I clean the slide then back to the barrel with the soft nylon brush I scrub the barrel then clean it out and finally lightly oil the barrel and pistol, pay some attention to the face of the bolt where the round sits into it, and the extractor, and the face of the body/chamber, you will get some build up of power around these areas, so keep them clean. A tooth pick and a tooth brush work wonders lol.

Don't go splashing oil around the trigger mechanism, and I don't have a copper/wire brush have never used one on a .22 the nylon one does just fine.

And always clean the barrel from the chamber end don't go pushing it from the crown /front of the barrel.

I don't clean mine after every shooting trip, there will be a good couple of hundred rounds through it before it needs a cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Thanks a million

I am still waiting on the pistol to arrive into the country. I have a .22 cleaning rod for my CZ455 but its a long beast of a thing. Was looking at ordering a Dewey .22 11" rod myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

I would go for the 12 inch Nylon coated one myself, Personally I'd rather have nylon rubbing against my barrel and crown than the metal one.

Advertisement