Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside Derby - Reds Vs Blues - Sky Sports 1. 8.00PM KO

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't think any Liverpool fan is getting carried away, we're delighted of course. But we're also aware of what we just beat.

I think that shot on goal stat is very significant. Of course the on target stat should be brought into it, but we shouldn't even be getting that many shots on goal. Everton did nothing to close Liverpool down. It was training practice towards the end.

Everton weren't even sitting back with ten men trying to be compact, they just hoped all those shots on goal wouldn't go in.

I'm sure some site will have the heatmap type stats up soon on where shots were taken from. I'm guessing most of the off-target ones would be outside the box. A man down is always hard to close down every shot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I don't think any Liverpool fan is getting carried away, we're delighted of course. But we're also aware of what we just beat.

I think that shot on goal stat is very significant. Of course the on target stat should be brought into it, but we shouldn't even be getting that many shots on goal. Everton did nothing to close Liverpool down. It was training practice towards the end.

Everton weren't even sitting back with ten men trying to be compact, they just hoped all those shots on goal wouldn't go in.

Liverpool players were actually getting in each others way at times during the 2nd half as they all wanted a goal. Or at least a shot at goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm sure some site will have the heatmap type stats up soon on where shots were taken from. I'm guessing most of the off-target ones would be outside the box. A man down is always hard to close down every shot though.

I'm really not one for shots on goal stats in terms of significance, but i just felt in that second half Liverpool were really in training mode. You can have shots on goal in a defeat and it means nothing. Just whacking them for effect.

But Liverpool were having shots on goal for fun tonight. I mean, Klopp and the players were literally laughing at some of the shots on goal tonight. That's my point. That should not be happening in a Merseyside derby and Martinez cannot stand over that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No mate, the game is over. They're all gone home.

Ahh damn that was fun sitting above the Everton fans

I'm really not one for shots on goal stats in terms of significance, but i just felt in that second half Liverpool were really in training mode. You can have shots on goal in a defeat and it means nothing. Just whacking them for effect.

But Liverpool were having shots on goal for fun tonight. I mean, Klopp and the players were literally laughing at some of the shots on goal tonight. That's my point. That should not be happening in a Merseyside derby and Martinez cannot stand over that performance.

Well I think Klopp was laughing at Lucas hitting it about 10 miles over the bar. That was funny in fairness :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Mori is not a dirty player and it wasn't deliberate.

giphy.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well I think Klopp was laughing at Lucas hitting it about 10 miles over the bar. That was funny in fairness :)

That was Coutinho, Lucas hit the shot that dribbled wide that had Klopp in stitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Only the English media could turn John Stones into a ball playing centre back behemoth who will one day play for Barcelona.

I can see that chap making one big move away from Everton before slowly dropping down into West Brom type territory.

Only the English media could turn John Stones into a ball playing centre back behemoth who will one day play for Barcelona.

I can see that chap making one big move away from Everton before slowly dropping down into West Brom type territory.

A bit harsh. He's a young player learning his trade and he is getting the game time that he needs to improve. He is bound to make mistakes. You have to make them to improve. It's very rare that you get a fully rounded player coming from the academy/youth purchase.

He's down a bit on his confidence, as most of the team are, but there is definite quality in him. Hopefully he can stay injury free.

5starpool wrote: »
    That was Coutinho, Lucas hit the shot that dribbled wide that had Klopp in stitches.

Yes... correct...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Robles and Mori have turned out to be half decent...
    Damned with faint praise.

And one is a goalkeeper...

Damned with faint praise.

And one is a goalkeeper...

What is Robles being a goalkeeper got to do with it? Your team is nothing without a good goalkeeper!

What is Robles being a goalkeeper got to do with it? Your team is nothing without a good goalkeeper!
    My question was has Martinez ever bought a good defender?

You threw up two names, one defender and one goalkeeper.

Yes, Robles looks decent but so too did Mignolet.

I'm not sure how much clearer you need it to be but i can try again if you wish?

My question was has Martinez ever bought a good defender?

You threw up two names, one defender and one goalkeeper.

Yes, Robles looks decent but so too did Mignolet.

I'm not sure how much clearer you need it to be but i can try again if you wish?

Last time I checked, the goalkeeper was part of the defense?!

Robles has looked good with games under his belt. You can't really compare him to Mingolet that was first choice and played every week and then had a bad spell.

You asked a question and I gave 2 examples. How many examples does your sarcasm require?

Last time I checked, the goalkeeper was part of the defense?!

Robles has looked good with games under his belt. You can't really compare him to Mingolet that was first choice and played every week and then had a bad spell.

You asked a question and I gave 2 examples. How many examples does your sarcasm require?
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

Out of curiosity, do you add in defensive midfielders as well as they are part of the defense? Perhaps you could throw one or two DMs in as well, as they are part of the defense. Or I could add in Firmino to our defense as he is high up in defensive stats for forwards?

It gets confusing quickly, doesn't it?:)

Perhaps if I rephrase it to 'Has Martinez bought any decent Centerbacks and/or Fullbacks?', would that clarify my question enough for you?:)

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Out of curiosity, do you add in defensive midfielders as well as they are part of the defense? Perhaps you could throw one or two DMs in as well, as they are part of the defense. Or I could add in Firmino to our defense as he is high up in defensive stats for forwards?

It gets confusing quickly, doesn't it?:)

Perhaps if I rephrase it to 'Has Martinez bought any decent Centerbacks and/or Fullbacks?', would that clarify my question enough for you?:)

So you don't like taking it, but giving it is OK? Good to know :)

They are midfielders that have a midfield job. They are not defenders. It's not that confusing.

Martinez didn't have to buy much in the defensive area as he inherited a good defense. The defenders aren't the problem!

Everton fans should educate themselves before Hillsborough chants.

When the going got tough half of them left the stadium. Great support eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Kind of like Liverpool fans in Dortmund recently, and Istanbul, but sure look. Fans are going to leave when there team is getting bashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

You're going there?

Every club has a few knobheads, Munich signs etc and Everton have done more than any other club or organisation in support of the jf96 campaign. Perhaps you should educate yourself before making such a stupid statement.

Plus any fan is entitled to leave as opposed to watching their team of overpaid "stars" stroll around the park. Why should they stay to support players that clearly had no interest in the game?

Gavlor wrote: »
    You're going there?

Every club has a few knobheads, Munich signs etc and Everton have done more than any other club or organisation in support of the jf96 campaign. Perhaps you should educate yourself before making such a stupid statement.

Plus any fan is entitled to leave as opposed to watching their team of overpaid "stars" stroll around the park. Why should they stay to support players that clearly had no interest in the game?

Of course there's always muppets in every fanbase. It was no minority singing that stuff last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Of course there's always muppets in every fanbase. It was no minority singing that stuff last night

Have you got the actual figures? Or just making stuff up? Anfield must have been pretty quiet if they could here a couple thousand fans chanting that based on what your saying.

Have you got the actual figures? Or just making stuff up? Anfield must have been pretty quiet if they could here a couple thousand fans chanting that based on what your saying.

I was 100 foot away from them.

No doubt there's footage on the interweb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gavlor wrote: »
    You're going there?

Look normally you'd be right about the "minority" thing, but it sounded like more than half the away support last night, there's no way that was a minority.

They've been great for the JFT96 campaigns like you said, and I fully agree with that, but the bitterness is still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

martyos121 wrote: »
    Look normally you'd be right about the "minority" thing, but it sounded like more than half the away support last night, there's no way that was a minority.

They've been great for the JFT96 campaigns like you said, and I fully agree with that, but the bitterness is still there.

We'll always be bitter, that's a different argument!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I was 100 foot away from them.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Those City fans who said that shîte to him should be tortured. Absolute sick bastards. Delighted for the young lad that he had such a great experience, what happened to him would put any lad off away games for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A couple of the lads from The Anfield Wrap tweeted last night that it was a LOT of the away end. And those lads are not prone to sensationalism to be fair.

A couple of the lads from The Anfield Wrap tweeted last night that it was a LOT of the away end. And those lads are not prone to sensationalism to be fair.

It was.

There's probably Everton fans there that lost family members at Hillsborough for christ sake

It was booed down anyway but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It was kind of loud in the first 5 mins.

It was shot down in the 2nd half

Those where the only times that song was sung on Wednesday night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement