Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside Derby - Reds Vs Blues - Sky Sports 1. 8.00PM KO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sturridge is onside thete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

BEAST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

corwill wrote: »
    What will emit from Slick Bobby's patented post-match scutter-trumpet about this?

Tremendous. You have a way with words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

cjmc wrote: »
    Sprained ankle ( badly sprained )
    How long out ???

1st degree involves minimal swelling, point tenderness, no ligament laxity, no limp or difficulty hopping. Athletes typically recover in 2-10 days.

2nd degree has more swelling specific to the ankle, increased ligament laxity, a limp and your soccer player is unable to heel raise, hop, or run. Typical recovery time is 10-30 days.

3rd degree includes a lot of swelling, tenderness on both the inside and outside of the ankle, even more ligament laxity, and your player cannot put any weight on the ankle. Recovery can be anywhere from 30-90 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Jaysus we've been **** the last minute or so.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corwill wrote: »
    Stand by...

For operation Anfield exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Any Everton fan still there is just hanging around to hurl absolute dog abuse at Martinez and the lads, I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

monkey9 wrote: »
    SAHKO SAHKO SAHKO!!!!!!!

Nah man its Sakho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sturridge getting sharper all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Why is yer lad wearing a Napoli kit ? excuse my ignorance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Imagine what Lukaku is thinking

Wait, he's actually on the pitch? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Easy....

Weird to say the losing side were flattered to only lose 4-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That must be one of Roberto Martinez's biggest losses since his hair fell off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Comfortable performance, great result. Could easily have been 8 though.

How come Everton rested Lukaku tonight..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm surprised nobody pulled out the Simpsons 'Stop It They're Dead Gif' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

4/37 is a poor return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Turtyturd wrote: »
    tumblr_mibkpxXfBl1qdzhyro6_250.gif

Once again for that tackle.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm surprised nobody pulled out the Simpsons 'Stop It Their Dead Gif' :D

Because you should never ever stop against Everton.......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

NukaCola wrote: »
    I cant believe he ruined it lads I really cant........:pac:

Ruined what :D

41 attempts on goal to 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Phenomenal performance by us. Phenomenal. Our 3 attempts. Phenomenal

Ruined what :D

Ruined me buzz! :pac: good man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mansize wrote: »
    4/37 is a poor return

Must...resist...urge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Phenomenal performance by us. Phenomenal. Our 3 attempts. Phenomenal

That was a shameful performance from Everton, it really was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Great to see Sturridge having a laugh in his interview, positive he got that goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I was shocked to be honest, the Everton players looked happy enough to lose badly and sulk.. how could Martinez allow that kind of performance you wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great call by the linesman for the red. Ref was going for a yellow from his view but good work from his assistant. Immediately said red for horrible challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Origi sprained ankle according to the fizzy ho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

garra wrote: »
    I was shocked to be honest, the Everton players looked happy enough to lose badly and sulk.. how could Martinez allow that kind of performance you wonder.

He has allowed it for the past 2 seasons

garra wrote: »

Not that there was any doubt, but Martinez is gone. You can't stand over a performance like that. I can only imagine what it would be like as an Everton (shudders) at Anfield watching that. It was spineless.

This is a Merseyside Derby and i swear at the end i was wondering if Lukaku had been taken off? They gave up, they absolutely gave up and they didn't even bother trying to be solid at the back to see the game out so it wouldn't get embarrassing, they just hoped and waited for the final whistle.

Obviously, i'm chuffed with the win and the performance. So much positivity at the moment. But those Everton fans should be able to go up to Goodison tomorrow with their ticket stubs and get their money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Liverpool has and always will be Red :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Martinez averaged over 60 goals a season conceded when with Wigan, I'm not surprised he turned a resilient and organised Everton team into a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I always said martinez was a bluffer his Wigan sides were consistently the pl whipping boys. As good as we were tonight Everton were an absolute disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Knex. wrote: »
    Martinez averaged over 60 goals a season conceded when with Wigan, I'm not surprised he turned a resilient and organised Everton team into a shambles.

Hasn't he ever bought a competent defender, not to mind a good or even great one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Geoff Shreeves acting the prick in the interview repeatedly pushing Martinez about his job being under pressure. Christ, the man knows he's in the **** already. Even more so after tonight.

Classic Shreeves though, all about the sound byte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Hasn't he ever bought a competent defender, not to mind a good or even great one?

Dunno. He signed Alcaraz. Twice. TWICE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Did Klopp give an interview to Sky Sports after game? If he did, I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Where is MOTD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Utv Ireland have the goals after this add break and Sky sports 1 have a highlights, Liverpool is the third game of three.

I didn't expect any different tbh.

Poison all season. Match that with an awful record at Anfield. Sure throw on an Unwanted Manger and players that are half arsed.

Was always going to be a baitin'

I quite like Mori.

A side from that stupid challenge. He's consistent for us and pops up with goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Robles and Mori have turned out to be half decent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ole ole are they still passing around that Everton team

Ole ole are they still passing around that Everton team

No mate, the game is over. They're all gone home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I think you have to put the game into perspective. I wouldn't be getting too carried away as a Liverpool fan.

Yes, Liverpool deserved it on the night and were the better team. Two bad defensive mistakes in the first half from Everton gifted two very defend-able goals.

First half, Liverpool had more of the ball. They should do, being the home team. Everton had a good few chances on the break and looked quite dangerous when they counter attacked. Mirallas bounded down the field a few times, got a few shots in... a few chances for Lukaku. Then Everton forgot how to defend on 2 quick goals. Usual stuff. Centre Backs didn't mark for two easy goals to defend. Martinez really needs to have a defensive coach work with him. On paper, Everton have good defenders, but simple stuff like marking is non-existent.

Then the red card meant the game was done. Mori is not a dirty player and it wasn't deliberate. Liverpool were always going to go on and win it will 11 men... Then Stones got injured and Everton were playing with 2 midfielders at Centre Back... such is their luck at the moment.

People are going on about the 43 shots on goal. 30 of them ended up in row Z. That is shocking against 10 men.

At the end of the day, only 3 points are on offer. Everton need to do something about Martinez now if the weekend's cup semi-final means anything to them.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Did Klopp give an interview to Sky Sports after game? If he did, I missed it.

Nope :(

• Advertisement

I think you have to put the game into perspective. I wouldn't be getting too carried away as a Liverpool fan.

Yes, Liverpool deserved it on the night and were the better team. Two bad defensive mistakes in the first half from Everton gifted two very defend-able goals.

First half, Liverpool had more of the ball. They should do, being the home team. Everton had a good few chances on the break and looked quite dangerous when they counter attacked. Mirallas bounded down the field a few times, got a few shots in... a few chances for Lukaku. Then Everton forgot how to defend on 2 quick goals. Usual stuff. Centre Backs didn't mark for two easy goals to defend. Martinez really needs to have a defensive coach work with him. On paper, Everton have good defenders, but simple stuff like marking is non-existent.

Then the red card meant the game was done. Mori is not a dirty player and it wasn't deliberate. Liverpool were always going to go on and win it will 11 men... Then Stones got injured and Everton were playing with 2 midfielders at Centre Back... such is their luck at the moment.

People are going on about the 43 shots on goal. 30 of them ended up in row Z. That is shocking against 10 men.

At the end of the day, only 3 points are on offer. Everton need to do something about Martinez now if the weekend's cup semi-final means anything to them.

I don't think any Liverpool fan is getting carried away, we're delighted of course. But we're also aware of what we just beat.

I think that shot on goal stat is very significant. Of course the on target stat should be brought into it, but we shouldn't even be getting that many shots on goal. Everton did nothing to close Liverpool down. It was training practice towards the end.

Everton weren't even sitting back with ten men trying to be compact, they just hoped all those shots on goal wouldn't go in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement