Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womans Tri Wet Suit

Options
  • 20-04-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking for some advice on buying a womans wet suit. Its for my wife, she is getting into triathlons afer joining a local club in Meath. Her b-day is coming up soon and i am looking to get her one. She is a total beginner to doing triathlons but is a confident swimmer (pool and open water) and runner/cyclist.

She is about 5ft 7.

What do i need to look for in a good suit? An particular brands or websites to look at?

Budget is €150-€200

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Short answer is she needs to be fitted for a wetsuit. Taking a punt on sizes or styles is not the right way to go. If you order off a website and it gets damaged trying it on at home you are not going to be able to return it.

Best solution IMO is a voucher towards the wetsuit of her choice and encourage her to be fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Plus one on trying them on, there is so many different styles available. Wetsuits needs to fit as second skin otherwise it's serious pain in...you know where.
    Drag her to a shop and start the hunt, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Thanks very much for the replies, I shall bring her to a shop near my work that does them and get her fitted.

Advertisement