Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost channels

• 20-04-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I had an old 37 inch Philips TV in the bedroom and had the 17 upc analogue channels in it. I got a 40inch h Sony and when I auto tune it only picks up e4. Ch4 and discovery. Any idea why or if I can manually enter the other channels and if so what are the settings? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,545 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Below is the frequency listing from a thread some time ago, looks to me that your TV doesn't have the frequency range to pick them up, could be the TV was for UK market or something like that. Is there any option to select the bands it searches from?

CH 05 / 176 MHz - RTE Two
    CH 06 / 184 MHz - TV3
    CH 07 / 192 MHz - RTE One
    CH 09 / 200 MHz - UTV
    CH 10 / 208 MHz - TG4
    CH 11 / 216 MHz - BBC One NI
    CH 12 / 224 MHz - BBC Two NI
    CC 11 / 232 MHz - Sky1
    CC 13 / 248 MHz - Setanta Ireland
    CC 15 / 256 MHz - 3e*
    CC 16 / 264 MHz - Nickelodeon/Comedy Central
    CC 17 / 272 MHz - MTV
    CC 18 / 280 MHz - Sky News
    CC 34 / 408 MHz - Sky Living
    CH 21 / 471 MHz - E4
    CH 30 / 543 MHz - Channel 4
    CH 34 / 575 MHz - Discovery Channel

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056825676

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Below is the frequency listing from a thread some time ago, looks to me that your TV doesn't have the frequency range to pick them up, could be the TV was for UK market or something like that. Is there any option to select the bands it searches from?

CH 05 / 176 MHz - RTE Two
    CH 06 / 184 MHz - TV3
    CH 07 / 192 MHz - RTE One
    CH 09 / 200 MHz - UTV
    CH 10 / 208 MHz - TG4
    CH 11 / 216 MHz - BBC One NI
    CH 12 / 224 MHz - BBC Two NI
    CC 11 / 232 MHz - Sky1
    CC 13 / 248 MHz - Setanta Ireland
    CC 15 / 256 MHz - 3e*
    CC 16 / 264 MHz - Nickelodeon/Comedy Central
    CC 17 / 272 MHz - MTV
    CC 18 / 280 MHz - Sky News
    CC 34 / 408 MHz - Sky Living
    CH 21 / 471 MHz - E4
    CH 30 / 543 MHz - Channel 4
    CH 34 / 575 MHz - Discovery Channel

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056825676

Balls. Looks like mine go's from 21 to 69 only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

brightkane wrote: »
    Balls. Looks like mine go's from 21 to 69 only

What country setting did you use on installation? On previous Sony TVs if you used UK it disabled the VHF tuner but if you used Ireland the VHF tuner was available. I doubt they've removed the VHF tuner option considering cable TV here still uses the VHF band.

The Cush wrote: »
    What country setting did you use on installation? On previous Sony TVs if you used UK it disabled the VHF tuner but if you used Ireland the VHF tuner was available. I doubt they've removed the VHF tuner option considering cable TV here still uses the VHF band.

In the excitement I chose UK. Switched to Ireland and all aok now. Cheers for the help folks!

On a side note. Anyone know when Virgin are turning off the analogue service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

brightkane wrote: »
    On a side note. Anyone know when Virgin are turning off the analogue service?

They haven't made any sort of announcement on this yet. The still had 32,000 analogue-only TV subscribers at the end of Dec, not to mention digital TV and broadband subscribers who use the analogue channels on their secondary and main TVs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Cable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

The Cush wrote: »
    They haven't made any sort of announcement on this yet. The still had 32,000 analogue-only TV subscribers at the end of Dec, not to mention digital TV and broadband subscribers who use the analogue channels on their secondary and main TVs.

Many of the digital customers also use the analogue, so not as cut and dried as people think. Massive repercussions for them in switching it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Anyone come across RTE 2 HD frequency as of yet?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

:confused:

Analog means PAL means 576 lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

think they use the hd channel at the headend so the hd logo still comes up even though it is far from it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That wasn't the case last time I checked, the SD feed was still used on analogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

:confused:

Analog means PAL means 576 lines.

No bother got sorted anyway.

Advertisement