Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have a copy on the way, curious to give it a go although find myself increasingly unable to commit to massive RPGs. Will give it a whirl as I find the vibrant presentation - all those colours! - quite fetching.
    sligeach wrote: »
    Wanted to buy the Fortissimo Edition but decided against it because of its price..

Its reviewed well and I'll buy it when it's cheaper.

Notwithstanding your other issues with the game (and if they were your deciding factors here, fair enough), if you wanted to buy the game wouldn't the easiest solution be to simply buy the standard edition? I mean, let's be honest here, there's absolutely nothing in the special edition that you can't live without.

I'm a big special edition skeptic in the first place - think very, very few if any are worth the extra money - but find it baffling somebody wouldn't buy a game they want just because of the existence of an over-expensive special edition when there's a much cheaper alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Brought it, but havent got round to playing it yet, decided to give xenoblade chronicles 3d another go and have become addicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Brought it, but havent got round to playing it yet, decided to give xenoblade chronicles 3d another go and have become addicted.

How does it play? I have heard differing reports. Would love to get a physical copy but don't feel like paying a million billion for the Wii version.

Its grand, no bother with frame rates or anything like that, but if i had the choice id probably buy the wii / virtual console version as it would probably look better visually imo, i think some of the textures and the like were deresoultioned (is that a word?) for the N3ds version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Missed a chance to buy the Fortissimo Edition from a German site yesterday. €65 plus €7 postage. Couldn't make out how to get to check-out and only got the e-mail from them this morning telling me what to do and how much it is but it's too late, out of stock. :(

http://www.buecher.de/shop/action/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-fortissimo-edition-wii-u/wii-u/products_products/detail/prod_id/44934425/

Like no other this Collectors Edition has riled me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

sligeach wrote: »
    Missed a chance to buy the Fortissimo Edition from a German site yesterday. €65 plus €7 postage. Couldn't make out how to get to check-out and only got the e-mail from them this morning telling me what to do and how much it is but it's too late, out of stock. :(

http://www.buecher.de/shop/action/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-fortissimo-edition-wii-u/wii-u/products_products/detail/prod_id/44934425/

Like no other this Collectors Edition has riled me.

72 not bad my copy cost around 78/79 quid should arrive next week in the post

Pac1Man wrote: »
    How does it play? I have heard differing reports. Would love to get a physical copy but don't feel like paying a million billion for the Wii version.

adding a bit more to this as im about 3/4 the way in and have ran into frame rate problems, when you are fighting larger groups of enemies on screen. but nothing unplayable, just a bit of a slowdown.

What are peoples thoughts on the game? ive started this yesterday and beat the second dungeon, took me bloody ages, but i think i like the game, its quirky and very anime and found myself bopping to the music, ive never played a SMT or FE title but im presuming its a mix of both. Still have no idea how to use 'Sessions' attacks properly, i think i might be doing something wrong on that front, but im enjoying the game so far.

Advertisement