Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service D15

Options
  • 20-04-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend anywhere that i could get my car serviced without breaking the bank in D15?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Irishbar

Coolmine motors in the Ind Estate I have used several times and always reasonable, will call before proceeding with any work following diagnosis or quote for a standard service by phone if thats all thats needed... originally found the recommendation on some older boards threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

RM Motors, Blakestown Road, opp St Peregrins GAA club.

I find them very good and would have no hesitation recommending them to anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

I too heard good things about Coolmine motors but I've never tried them.

I went a couple of times to Atlas in the Coolmine Industrial Estate, where also Coolmine Motors is. They'll do the job and do it good but I think they are dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Very Happy with Coolmine Motors

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another vote for Coolmine Motors. Been using them for both our cars for years and as Irishbar said they'll never just fire away with work without checking whether you want to proceed first. Always very happy with the quality of their work as well as the price.

JackHeuston, coming from the Atlas side of the industrial estate, follow the road around past Power City. They're maybe 100m past Power City on the left hand side of the road. There's a Moldova shop beside them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

I use atlas. No issues and good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I take my car to my parents mechanic down the country when I can but otherwise I take it to Discount Auto in Rosemount Business Park in Ballycoolin and have never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

athtrasna wrote: »
    I take my car to my parents mechanic down the country when I can but otherwise I take it to Discount Auto in Rosemount Business Park in Ballycoolin and have never had a problem with them.

Dont touch them unless you want hassle, all you have to do is look at the turnover in staff and how they are always looking for staff on recruitment sites.

I use Martin Talbot in Sheepmoor

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I use Phillip Walsh at Dunsinea works, no messing & no rip offs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If you don't mind coming into Cabra I can recommend Imaal autos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

jeffk wrote: »
    Dont touch them unless you want hassle, all you have to do is look at the turnover in staff and how they are always looking for staff on recruitment sites.

I use Martin Talbot in Sheepmoor

FYI Jeff there's only one guy working here less than two years.

VeVeX wrote: »
    FYI Jeff there's only one guy working here less than two years.

Well every-time I went in there staff changed and talking to a now gone member of staff he wasn't happy there.

But don't let it take away from the issues of how poor the service has become. But you know this as we have had dealings with each other over this and you can see the issues from my last visit to your garage in other threads.

An example, even after other mechanics cleaned greased etc my new breaks i got from Discount they still whistle as I was told they where cheap ones and they do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I also recommend Coolmine motors, Both car and van have been in loads of times and have never had any problems, Very reasonable prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Didn't have a good experience with coolmine motors.
    Had an alloy 'repaired' for €70 which was later discovered to have 3 separate welds/cuts on it.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Didn't have a good experience with coolmine motors.
    Had an alloy 'repaired' for €70 which was later discovered to have 3 separate welds/cuts on it.

ALL the mechanics/garages are the same in my view, they or their understudy eventually do something to make you want to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

service your own car imho. It takes 1 hour and costs no more than €60 for a standard service. Maybe a small investment in tools. And you know its done right....

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I also recommend Coolmine motors, Both car and van have been in loads of times and have never had any problems, Very reasonable prices too.

How much for a service?

Advertisement