Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smok micro tfv4 - Hot Stuff !

Options
  • 20-04-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I'm gutted. The micro Tfv4 that came with my Guardian pipe is practically unusable.
    Running it using the standard .3ohm Clapton pre-built coil even as low as 40w - 4 or 5 tokes and it's like it just came out of the bleedin oven.

Never had this problem with the subtank at 30w with .5 ohm coils.
    Looked around t'net and this seems fairly normal.

Any recommendations for 25mm tanks that won't leave me with blisters ? Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I've a TFV4 mini so I know how hot they get, can only imagine its worse on a smaller tank.

I was looking up the micro tfv4 and saw it was 22mm, but then looking at the pipe page, it comes with the micro tfv4 'plus' at 24.5mm.

Its a difficult size if you want something short. I *think* the regular tfv4 is 25mm, so you could get it in the same colour scheme, but its still going to be hot, so kind of defeats the purpose.

There will be a 25mm Griffin RTA coming, probably in black or silver. Most tanks seem to be sticking to 22mm these days.

Other than that, I think sticking a dripper on the end would be the ultimate troll vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Actually also to say, I recently started using the RBA on my mini tfv4, it doesn't get as hot as the stock coils, does the pipe come with an RBA? Could be worth a shot if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

moleyv wrote: »
    Actually also to say, I recently started using the RBA on my mini tfv4, it doesn't get as hot as the stock coils, does the pipe come with an RBA? Could be worth a shot if you have it.

Thanks for that. Have to order the RBA separately. It's on the shopping list. So's the Griffin 25 and the Aromamizer Supreme.

But I can't remember where I put the Lotto ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Shinobollo wrote: »
    I'm gutted. The micro Tfv4 that came with my Guardian pipe is practically unusable.
    Running it using the standard .3ohm Clapton pre-built coil even as low as 40w - 4 or 5 tokes and it's like it just came out of the bleedin oven.

Never had this problem with the subtank at 30w with .5 ohm coils.
    Looked around t'net and this seems fairly normal.

Any recommendations for 25mm tanks that won't leave me with blisters ? Ta

Hi, I wasn't all that impressed by the stock coils that came with it either. I got the RBA and it is far better, tank doesn't run as hot especially in 5ml mode. Tank does get hot still just not as hot. The vape is a lot cooler though so is usable.
    As to recommendations, I have this on the way-
    http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-atomizer-supply/8807-authentic-augvape-boreas-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-black-stainless-steel-pyrex-glass-7ml-25mm-diameter.html#.VxkNGiZVKlN

I have heard some good things about it. When it arrives, I'll let you know how it performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

I should add that I'm using dual stainless steel claptons at 0.33 ohms at 50 watts in power mode, not that pushed about TC to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

judas1369 wrote: »
    I should add that I'm using dual stainless steel claptons at 0.33 ohms at 50 watts in power mode, not that pushed about TC to be honest.

Thanks for the advice. Must order an RBA so.
    Love the look of the Boreas - might have to order one of them as well

Advertisement