Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Recorder

Options
  • 20-04-2016 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I'm looking for a good streaming recorder to download so I can record clips of my favorite movies and shows online.

Can anyone recommend a good one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Do you mean from the likes of UPC, saorview etc. Provider set top boxes usually have a record facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

degsie wrote: »
    Do you mean from the likes of UPC, saorview etc. Provider set top boxes usually have a record facility.

I mean like a VLC recorder.

Not sure you are strictly allowed to record 'streaming' services legally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

I found exactly what I was looking fr. It's called WM Capture. Got a free trial. I think it's only illegal if you reproduce copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I found exactly what I was looking fr. It's called WM Capture. Got a free trial. I think it's only illegal if you reproduce copies.
    Snagit is another good one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

degsie wrote: »
    Not sure you are strictly allowed to record 'streaming' services legally.
    It's a funny one, but I cannot see it as any different to recording to a VHS/DVD. Using download tools which deliberately break encryption is a different matter however.

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    It's a funny one, but I cannot see it as any different to recording to a VHS/DVD. Using download tools which deliberately break encryption is a different matter however.

Nick

OP didn't mention which source for his "favorite movies and shows online" BUT if it's a torrent type site then I would think it's not quite above board.

Advertisement