Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy/Sell Cosmetics

Options
  • 20-04-2016 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am just wondering whether it is OK to post cosmetic items for sale here? I noticed in other threads that it is but I can't find an appropriate beauty for sale section. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi - In genereal, we do not allow the advertising of items for sale on Boards. There are some specific exceptions, but they are that, exceptions.

I would recommend using websites like adverts.ie or donedeal.ie to sell your items. If other posters have any suggestions, please feel free to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

eBay is great for selling cosmetics, they don't allow used cosmetics to be sold though I always see used cosmetics/skincare for sale so how they get around it I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

forget about ebay as a seller, fees are too expensive. Adverts is good but you have a smaller market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Would you buy cosmetics sold second hand? I'd be nervous of dirt/germs etc unless it was sealed as new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Would you buy cosmetics sold second hand? I'd be nervous of dirt/germs etc unless it was sealed as new.

They can be sanitised, it's no different to having your make up done at a beauty counter. They don't open fresh products for each customer. If you don't trust the seller to sanitise then just do it yourself once you receive it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

They can be sanitised, it's no different to having your make up done at a beauty counter. They don't open fresh products for each customer. If you don't trust the seller to sanitise then just do it yourself once you receive it.

I didn't know that, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

There's a Facebook group that do this called makeup swap Ireland. You can buy sell or swap.

Advertisement