Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men B Vaccine?

Options
  • 20-04-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

OK, this is probably because I have been reading tons of Dailymail and saw a number of news about Men B. I read on and saw that it can be purchased over here privately. So I rang our GP to inquire but it seemed she was clueless about it! Any chance somebody from the forum bought it for their LOs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057414866

Big thread about it. I'm surprised and concerned your GP didn't know about it. Ours actually brought it up and recommended we get it. He did mention the cost but said as the side effects of Men B can be horrendous (amputations etc) he said to get it if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Getting first shot Fri. Gp ordered it in, 160 including administration fee. So pricey but can afford it so going to do it. 3 shots in total but hoping the booster will be free as the vaccine meant to be added to the schedule of free ones from September. Gp reckons won't be backdated though so we're going ahead ourselves. It's free on the NHS in the UK and I usually follow their recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Rabbitt

My four year old girl got the men b vaccine on friday. While she is Fine in herself,no fever good appetite and lots of energy the area where she got the needle is red (sunburnt like ) over an area the size of a two euro coin. did anyone elses kid experience this and if so how long before it got better
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

My kids had the same redness
    Took about a week to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Yep same here. My baby didn't have it for 1st shot but got it after 2nd one a few days so. I had a similar reaction to whopping cough vaccine. Doc said was the immune response kicking it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement