Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best weed killer for edging

Options
  • 20-04-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,
    Wonder what I should put down to maintain a 6" or so edge along some curbing. I actually like the soil look! Also I have a fair few trees I would like to do the same to - ie have a circle around their trunks where I cannot get the ride-on.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Roundup will do it; it is non-selective, so kills everything. Spray with care if using it to edge a lawn, or near plants you want to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

johnb25 wrote: »
    Roundup will do it; it is non-selective, so kills everything. Spray with care if using it to edge a lawn, or near plants you want to keep.

Thanks. Is it OK to use around tree trunks? I also found "path clear" while googling. Seems to last the season. Know of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Gallup 360, its alot cheaper than roundup and every bit as good and its fine to spray around tree trunks, just don't get it on the leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

yfaykya wrote: »
    Thanks. Is it OK to use around tree trunks? I also found "path clear" while googling. Seems to last the season. Know of it?

You aren't supposed to spray the tree trunks but I used to maintain housing estates in the method you are talking about and never noticed any problems with trees. I've also never had a problem spraying under hedges which iirc the label also warns against. Obviously don't spray any emerging shoots or drench the bark in either case.

Won't last a whole season, minimum would be two sprays a year and probably more. However because you are spraying off just grass an annual weeds you can use a lower dose than if you were spraying off nettles and docks.

Advertisement