Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4 1.8t coolant leak

• 20-04-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Have a leak from a rubber hose at the front of the engine. Car is a 02 A4 1.8t AVJ engine.
    Tracked it down to the turbo coolant return pipe. Hole in the rubber section. P/n 06B 121 497C. See below s-l300.jpg

Item number 25 in exploded view
    121480.png

Just ordered one from main dealer for €100.. Ouch.

Has anyone removed one of these before and how easy is it to get to. TBH it looks a b.itch..

I praying the car doesn't have to go into service position.
    Anyone got any experience/tips on this one??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Anything on this folks?

Searching around the tinternet and a lot saying I need to remove turbo:(

Going at it in the morning after getting parts, and would appreciate any advice

PS, tried audiforum.uk which I normally use, but it seems to be gone quite of late.
    Is this the best audi forum to be on or is there a better one?
    Normally a guy called crasher would help with jobs like this but not sure if he's still active..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anything on this folks?

Searching around the tinternet and a lot saying I need to remove turbo:(

Going at it in the morning after getting parts, and would appreciate any advice

PS, tried audiforum.uk which I normally use, but it seems to be gone quite of late.
    Is this the best audi forum to be on or is there a better one?
    Normally a guy called crasher would help with jobs like this but not sure if he's still active..

I also have a 1.8t but that pipe has hot giving me trouble so I can't help you out there.
    Try audi-sport.net for help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

blade1 wrote: »
    I also have a 1.8t but that pipe has hot giving me trouble so I can't help you out there.
    Try audi-sport.net for help.

Thanks for the reply. 6 hours later and stiff from head to toe and it's replaced.
    I hope it never gives you trouble:)
    Can be done without turbo removal and everything done from underneath...
    Connection to turbo is the hard one..

Advertisement