Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPT for new house ?

Options
  • 20-04-2016 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

I am currently closing the sale on a newly built house. I was reading up on property tax and seen the following

1. New and previously unused residential properties purchased from a builder or a property developer between 01/01/2013 and 31/10/2019
    New and previously unused properties that are purchased from a builder or developer between 1 January 2013 and 31 October 2019 will be exempt until the end of 2019. The property must be purchased from a builder or a property developer who constructed the property, or who arranged to have it constructed, as part of a trade carried on by that person.

Does this mean I am exempt from LPT until 2019 ? Sorry for asking an apparently obvious question but I was a little shocked to discover the government might not be screwing me over just yet :)

Comments

Advertisement