Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Navigation on New Site

Options
  • 20-04-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

So with Dav's announcement about the rollout of the new site. I decided to try it out. The home page is nice and modern looking. I like how I can quickly view my threads and forums with 1 click as opposed to many previously. The overall look of the site is definitely an improvement (even though I don't quite like change) but it is missing some huge functionality that I can't find.
    • Where has the View first unread link gone?
    • Why is there no option to go directly to the first and last page?
    Typing in the number of the last page and then clicking the arrow seems like a step backward and I can't imagine it would be difficult to add such links. Maybe 1 arrow for next and previous pages and the current 2 arrow design is used for first and last pages? Then the single arrow beside the search box should be altered to something else so as not to confuse people (personally I think the single arrow here is rather misleading and have tried to use it to go to the next page until I realised it was a "search" box).

My last point is how am I supposed to tell the difference between a new post I haven't seen and an old post? Previously there was an orange square beside new posts but now there doesn't appear to be any difference between new and old posts!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. I mentioned on the "What's Wrong" thread that we're going to show you all our own internal bugs/features list and invite you all to add to it. I am somewhat relieved to be able to say that everything you mentioned there is already on that list :) We'll have an update on all that tomorrow.

Advertisement