Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combining Pensions?

Options
  • 20-04-2016 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have an old executive pension from a previous employer with Standard Life which hasn't been paid into for a few years. It's held in cash currently but I am going to invest it (probably ETFs). I am now self employed (director of limited company) and want to start some kind of personal pension. Is it possible to combine the 2 rather than pay fees on 2 pensions or am I better off starting afresh with a new one? Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You could start a new EPP and transfer the retained benefits into that if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

If you start a new executive pension plan, you can then transfer in your previous paid up benefits from your previous employment. It does make it easier to keep track of everything if they are in the one location.

Advertisement