Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A little bargain/gem here..

• 20-04-2016 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Browsing Adverts.ie and I seen this for sale.

The Pyjama Game book

REVIEW

This is one of the best stories you'll read on Judo, but of interest to anyone here.

Basically its a man's journey from beginning Judo at 50 years old to his black belt. There's some history told, and nice photos from the old masters and Olympians ~ but no theory.

Its a fantastic read, highly recommended.

And NO, its not my Adverts.ie sale.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

He begins judo at the age of 50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

JustShon wrote: »
    He begins judo at the age of 50?

Yes. Seriously its a brilliant read for any one with an interest in Martial Arts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Yes. Seriously its a brilliant read for any one with an interest in Martial Arts.

I really must read it so. Here was me thinking I'd left it too late at age 27. Show's me for a fool doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

off topic question

Thinking of taking up Judo I'm 40 and have practised karate since my teens

Any recommendations for a club in Celbridge / Maynooth / Leixlip area

Advertisement