Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An tSean Dun Houses Query

• 20-04-2016 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I'm taken a read of the rules for the forum and I hope I'm not breaking any rules or threading on anyone's toes but here goes!

Myself and my partner are currently looking to buy in Ennis after having both moved to Clare from Dublin. I've heard great things about the Sean tDún estate out the Tulla road and there seems to be a great community vibe there. Getting a house in the estate would have been difficult of late due to houses rarely coming up but three have come up within metres of each other in the last few months. In fact - two have come up in the last week.

I've viewed one of the houses and am planning to view the other but it seems strange to me that a number of houses would go on sale within a small part of the estate. Does anyone in the know have any information on any anti-social behaviour taking place? I have been told that their is at least one settled traveller family living there and possibly two? I of course am not going to make assumptions about people's behaviour and they may be fine neighbours but I do smell a rat. Hoping someone has some info!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd knock on a random door in the estate and ask if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cokezero

Hi there,

I'm also interested in finding out more about this estate. Sounds a bit suss. Would appreciate any perspectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eazboss

Hi, it just so happens I own and live in one of these houses that are for sale and all rumours you have heard about the estate are true, it's a great place to live and the residents committee are nothing short of outstanding!! I can't speak on behalf of others but we have loved living there the last 10+ years and I would also like to point out that we have had nothing but pleasant dealings with ALL residents of the estate irrespective of their background!

One of the houses being sold is being bought by people currently renting two doors away so they seem happy to stay. That said, I would agree with the other poster and recommend you knock on a few doors, houses are a pretty big purchase (understatement?) so you do want to be sure!!

You'd be more than welcome to knock on our door while you're at it.

To the administrator I apologise if I have overstepped any boundary, my intention here is not to sell anything but to put other posters minds at ease and to protect the reputation of my community, all be it that no one was attacking it at the same time.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

Thanks for the above everyone. I think I actually might knock on a few doors. I've a viewing next week at one of the properties so might do a door to door afterwards! I've taken a walk about the area and seems to be lovely. I just want to make sure I'm making the right call which is something I guess all of us prospective buyers and cousin can understand!

Thanks for setting my mind at ease. I may be making an offer yet! Thanks again!

Advertisement