Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wotofo Serpent

Options
  • 20-04-2016 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

So , I dropped into Viktors in ecigshop in Limerick today and walked out with the Wotofo Serpent ( kinda figured I had to given that I suggested to him that he stock them :D .

I had already seen reviews saying how good they were so I took it home, washed it out and threw a .8 SS361L coil into it . I'm well impressed, flavour seems really good, wicking seems really good, temp control seems really good .

I did have a problem with it leaking when I went out for a while but another review I saw said to open up the juice flow while holding it upside down and that seems to have worked .

You might have noticed I used 'seems' a lot , it's day one , lets see how it goes .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

I've always been interested in one of these - Todd in his shed says they're the job anyway. I'll have to pick one up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jarek

I should get it next week I hope, looks like it's great tank especially for flavour chasers;-)

I love mine. Easy to build (though I had to learn how to wrap coils backwards!), and very easy to wick. Smooth airflow, and grand flavour. 9/10 3mm wraps of .6mm wire in it today - lovely warm wet vape offa her. I'll get the mini version at some stage too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I also bought the Serpent mini a few weeks later , it is just the easiest deck to build on and wick with absolutely no leak problems .

after a few days I can confirm;-) so easy to build and no problem with leaks! to be honest I ordered one more Yesterday from vapeways (Irish online shop)
    bought Goblin v2 as well but didn't have a chance to play with it so far.

• Advertisement

jarek wrote: »
    after a few days I can confirm;-) so easy to build and no problem with leaks! to be honest I ordered one more Yesterday from vapeways (Irish online shop)
    bought Goblin v2 as well but didn't have a chance to play with it so far.

wapevays and .com - sorry can't post any url's here- my previous post was deleted and marked as spam! so looks like some online shops can be mentioned here, and some online shops NOT

Got the Serpent Mini last week now too. Another amazingly simple and very satisfying device. Lovely smooth airflow, great flavour, and very very easy to coil/wick/fill/clean.

Todd in the shed said that he got the regular Serpent in Black and in Stainless Steel - he reckoned that the SS one was far superior. I forgot about that when I was ordering and I got the black one, and yes - while it works amazingly well - it feels a lot cheaper than the Stainless Steel Serpent mini I got. So, if I get another Serpent down the line, I'll be looking for the SS one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

jarek wrote: »
    wapevays and .com - sorry can't post any url's here- my previous post was deleted and marked as spam! so looks like some online shops can be mentioned here, and some online shops NOT

I think it's actually to do with the site wide policy of not being able to post URL's and upload images until your post count reaches 25+ also if you're unsure about weather or not you can mention a retailer, there is a list of blacklisted retailers and users on the first page of the where to buy sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Steve666 wrote:
    Got the Serpent Mini last week now too. Another amazingly simple and very satisfying device. Lovely smooth airflow, great flavour, and very very easy to coil/wick/fill/clean.

What way are you wicking the mini? I've tried countless builds and wicking at this stage and find the flavor terrible

I wick it by setting the wick on the 'ledge', rather than down in the slots. 3mm coils, so plenty of cotton to soak up juice. 92% VG no bother. The coils I've used in it have all been beefy things though - claptons and alien claptons and all this kind of craic. It takes them all, and it hasn't let me down yet. I still have to try the coils that came with it actually...

• Advertisement

Steve666 wrote:
    I wick it by setting the wick on the 'ledge', rather than down in the slots. 3mm coils, so plenty of cotton to soak up juice. 92% VG no bother. The coils I've used in it have all been beefy things though - claptons and alien claptons and all this kind of craic. It takes them all, and it hasn't let me down yet. I still have to try the coils that came with it actually...

Thanks for that. I think you've more or less described everything I've tried, right down to coil types\sizes and I wick it as you said but the flavour is lacking for me

Ya, it's strange, the whole flavour thing - I reckon different juices might have different 'taste profiles' in different tanks. I'm mostly custards and creams, and they seem to do well in the Serpents. I've been using a Sigelei Moonshot a lot the last few weeks too and it is absolutely fantastic for flavour, but in a different way - my usual custards and creams are a bit weird in it - I mostly use juices with more 'bite', eg. something using the Fruit Circles flavour.

The moonshot is the best flavour tank I've had by a mile. I'll have another play around with the serpent this evening and see if I can get it to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Garyt82 wrote: »
    The moonshot is the best flavour tank I've had by a mile. I'll have another play around with the serpent this evening and see if I can get it to improve.

Any update on the serpent? I picked mine up weeks ago but didn't really get a chance to build it.

corsav6 wrote:
    Any update on the serpent? I picked mine up weeks ago but didn't really get a chance to build it.

Yeah, I've figured its all down to wicking. Not too much cotton or too little either. I haven't quite found the sweet spot yet but it plays a big part in flavour. I still think there's better tanks out there for flavor but I'm liking the serpent for size and it's a well built tank so I'll persevere with it for a while

Yeah, I've figured its all down to wicking. Not too much cotton or too little either. I haven't quite found the sweet spot yet but it plays a big part in flavour. I still think there's better tanks out there for flavor but I'm liking the serpent for size and it's a well built tank so I'll persevere with it for a while

Tbh I have the goblin mini built perfectly so that and the cleito are getting most use. I might give it a go tonight as it looks like a simple build and its getting some decent reviews.
    What gauge and ohms did you wrap? I'll figure the wicking, just handy to have a starting build.

corsav6 wrote:
    Tbh I have the goblin mini built perfectly so that and the cleito are getting most use. I might give it a go tonight as it looks like a simple build and its getting some decent reviews. What gauge and ohms did you wrap? I'll figure the wicking, just handy to have a starting build.

I've a prebuilt Clapton in it at the moment at .9 but so far I found a simple 8\9 wrap 26 gauge kanthal was the best

I've a prebuilt Clapton in it at the moment at .9 but so far I found a simple 8\9 wrap 26 gauge kanthal was the best

I had to use 26g in the goblin to get decent results, I usually don't go above 24g tbh as its simple to wrap.
    I'll try wrap it tonight and let you know how I get on.
    Thanks for the tips :)

corsav6 wrote:
    I had to use 26g in the goblin to get decent results, I usually don't go above 24g tbh as its simple to wrap. I'll try wrap it tonight and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the tips

Do as I still getting to grips with mine so any feedback would be great. On the plus side my tornado nano arrived today so I've another toy to play with :)

Do as I still getting to grips with mine so any feedback would be great. On the plus side my tornado nano arrived today so I've another toy to play with :)

24g and about 9 wraps on a 3mm ID gave me .75ohm. The vape is great but my wicking let me down, its slowly leaking :(
    I'll just rewick tonight as I'm happy with the coil.

Edit: I tweaked the wick a little and now its performing great. I'll bring it to work and see if it lasts the day.

• Advertisement

corsav6 wrote:
    24g and about 9 wraps on a 3mm ID gave me .75ohm. The vape is great but my wicking let me down, its slowly leaking I'll just rewick tonight as I'm happy with the coil.

That's one issue I've not had with the serpent, absolutely zero leaks, not even a drop!! The tornado nano on the other hand........

I was wondering why the tank was taking so long to fill when I realized juice was literally going in the top and flowing straight out the bottom on to the floor!!

That's one issue I've not had with the serpent, absolutely zero leaks, not even a drop!! The tornado nano on the other hand........

I was wondering why the tank was taking so long to fill when I realized juice was literally going in the top and flowing straight out the bottom on to the floor!!

I may have over saturated the cotton when I primed it as it hasn't leaked since. It's performing excellently now with decent flavour and no spitting at all, just a nice clean draw.
    I can build and wick anything apart from the Tfv4 mini rba, that thing just keeps leaking on me, and that's with 90 VG. I've built it about 10 times and at least 7 times its leaked.
    Anyway I'll update tonight after I bring it to work as that should be a good test.

corsav6 wrote:
    I may have over saturated the cotton when I primed it as it hasn't leaked since. It's performing excellently now with decent flavour and no spitting at all, just a nice clean draw. I can build and wick anything apart from the Tfv4 mini rba, that thing just keeps leaking on me, and that's with 90 VG. I've built it about 10 times and at least 7 times its leaked. Anyway I'll update tonight after I bring it to work as that should be a good test.

I had the same issue the the tfv4 rba which us why I no longer own that tank!

I had the same issue the the tfv4 rba which us why I no longer own that tank!

Well I just checked the Tfv4 mini I built 2-3 weeks ago and not a drop of juice has leaked. I'll vape it tonight and see how it goes. 2 weeks sitting up without leaking looks promising though.
    The serpent has been excellent all day, no dry hits or leaking at all. Around the air holes gets a little damp but its not sticky so I'll put it down to condensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Anyone know where I can get a serpent? Don't want the mini or the 25mm one. Just the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a serpent? Don't want the mini or the 25mm one. Just the original.

http://dreamcloud.ie/product/wotofo-serpent-rta/

Yeah I saw that bit they don't have the stainless version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah I saw that bit they don't have the stainless version

I think Victors in the e-cigshop.eu has the SS version .....

EDIT : http://e-cigshop.eu/wotofo-serpent-RTA?filter_name=serpent

jonski wrote: »
    I think Victors in the e-cigshop.eu has the SS version .....

EDIT : http://e-cigshop.eu/wotofo-serpent-RTA?filter_name=serpent

thanks

• Advertisement

thanks

You can get the SS serpent in Kix on sale for €10 at the moment, original version.

I have 1 here that I won't use if your interested in a swap.

Advertisement