Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wotofo Serpent

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

Anyone try the serpent mini? Looks like a deadly little tank, was thinking about getting on on fasttech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

chipfox wrote:
    Anyone try the serpent mini? Looks like a deadly little tank, was thinking about getting on on fasttech

I have one since they came out, use it everyday, great little tank . Learn how to wick it from YouTube and don't over fill it .

I'd say wicking would be okay I've been on the TFV4 TF-R1 for over 6 months. Nearly smashed it with frustration but eventually I figured it out. Gonna order that on fasttech now. It looks really easy to build on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

chipfox wrote: »
    I'd say wicking would be okay I've been on the TFV4 TF-R1 for over 6 months. Nearly smashed it with frustration but eventually I figured it out. Gonna order that on fasttech now. It looks really easy to build on

The reason I recommend watching tutorials is because the serpent mini has no juice flow control .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Not so good if you suffer with poor eyesight like myself & using thin wire like 24 or 26 g kanthal,the grub screws can miss the wire when tightening.
    So I use twisted or heavy gauge claptons in my 3 mini's,brilliant tank & only one coil needed.
    Ideal deck for SS wire if one can see it:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Got mine there the other day, unbelievable little yoke. Threw in some of the twisted kanthal premade coils they gave with it and it's absolutely perfect. Think it's 28 gauge? Not entirely sure.

Made a build with regular kanthal and it sucks though. Think 22 gauge is too fat for this tiny little tank or the twisted coils are just like a lazy man's clapton and give a lovely vape.

What do you guys use in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

chipfox wrote: »
    Got mine there the other day, unbelievable little yoke. Threw in some of the twisted kanthal premade coils they gave with it and it's absolutely perfect. Think it's 28 gauge? Not entirely sure.

Made a build with regular kanthal and it sucks though. Think 22 gauge is too fat for this tiny little tank or the twisted coils are just like a lazy man's clapton and give a lovely vape.

What do you guys use in this?

Is it the mini you got,if so,I found wrapping a coil clockwise is not a great fit & I find premade coils a bit awkward to attach,wrapping your own coil on a screwdriver or a coil maker,wrap it counter clockwise (towards yourself) and it then fits perfect in the grub screws.

It's the mini.

Yeah I was wrapping backwards at first but you notice that right away. Got some clapton coil from fasttech today and it's really hard to stop the ohms jumping all over the shop unless it's seriously tight...

When I made my own the first time I left the connecting ends bare and it seems to stop that. Not sure if it's a good idea though.

Took me about 4 builds to get something I was happy with (my first experience with SS coil, love this stuff) but so far no build has been as amazing as the twisted kanthal they supplied. I don't get it, it was really lazily twisted too but the vape was possibly the best I've ever had...

Even the clapton doesn't have near the flavour that those twisted ones had, I mean wtf? I'm building long enough now and I still don't have a clue

Advertisement