Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westview Service Station,Lissenhall

Options
  • 20-04-2016 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

The Topaz Westview Service Station,at Lissenhall was closed today all day entrances were taped off to prevent access ,anyone know whats happening?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

Unusual to be closed all day, but I've seen filling stations closed off in that way, while the underground tanks are being refilled, for safety reasons presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

plodder wrote: »
    Unusual to be closed all day, but I've seen filling stations closed off in that way, while the underground tanks are being refilled, for safety reasons presumably.
    But the tanks in service stations are filled almost daily without closing the premises. Must have been something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭sidcon

It was a power failure on site

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

sidcon wrote: »
    It was a power failure on site
    None of that nonsense years ago. When I was a youngster and working as a pump attendant, we had to use an old fashioned crank handle to manually dispense the fuel when the power went. (You'd be praying a truck with twin tanks didn't arrive looking for a fill).

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

On one of the episodes of Reeling in the Years, during one of the 70's power cut's ,it showed one garage with I think, a mini up on a block with a belt connecting it to the rotar on the pump.. the health and safety inspector wud have had kitten's on the forecourt these day's,they wouldn't be able to use their till's either these day's either Wishbone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement