Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant UTI's

Options
  • 20-04-2016 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, my daughter who now just turned 7 has always had problems with having urinary tract infections. After so many infections her G.P. sent her to get it looked at in the Bons. So in Feb 2015 after doing ultrasounds and a dye x-ray they said she has a duplex( doublesystem) on her right kidney which if I am right in understanding she has two tubes from kidney to bladder on the right side where there should just be one. The Urologist said that one kidney looked partly damaged but they need to do two more scans to get proper facts to see where to go from there.. She had two scans in April 2015 DMSA and DTPA one determines how much damage was done to kidney due to constant UTI's the other determines if kidneys drain correctly into bladder. The Urologist said her right kidney was damaged at the top and said from there they will hope she won't get any more UTI's and hopefully they won't need to operate as her being young her kidney will work harder for the damaged part.

No more UTI's again until March 2016 which she was admitted to hospital. The Urologist said that he will need to do something this time as the ultrasound is showing it's worse this time. A stent is the first procedure to be done then during the summer the Urologist is going to cap one of the tubes to the bladder then the third procedure is to remove the non functioning part of the kidney. The stent was booked for two weeks ago but she got tonsillitis and due to this the procedure is pushed back until Late May. Low and behold last night my daughter said she was sore around where her right kidney is and sore down below but not stinging when urinating. This morning I brought her to the G.P. When doing the urine sample it was very smelly cloudy and bloody. The g.p. put her on Distaclor while he awaits for culture results on urine to determine what type of infection it is. She has since taking the distaclor twice so far today and now she screams in agony when peeing and there is still blood.
    Has any other parent gone through this? We have been to hospital five times three last year and twice so far this year each time for three to four days. Both myself and her dad feel like we are not doing enough and hate seeing her so distressed. The Urologist and g.p. I am happy with as they seem to be doing as much as they can. I want her better but see no ending to this. Just looking for other parents who have gone or going through similar as I am starting to overthink now that it may be more serious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry OP, we cannot give medical advice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement