Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Rates

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Has anybody tried to get cheaper interest rates from their existing banks in the last few days considering the movement on rates by 2 banks in the last no of days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Coming off a fixed price BOI now, think i'll give it a couple of months to see if there finally a functioning market driven rate here. Hopefully Sparkasse announce they are coming in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Can anyone tell me what I need to do with regard to engaging my bank about LTV. What do I need for them? Would I need to have the property valued by an auctioneer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Typically the bank will give you a list of valuers they will accept a valuation from you get them out usually at your cost and submit it to the bank. If switching there might be incentives like cash or free valuation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Haven have matched AIBs rates this morning. I find it incredible that EBS can get away with what they are charging! Gouging customers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Quick mortgage question

Got a letter off AIB this morning offering
    1,2 and 3 year fixed rate of 3.2%
    4 and 5 year fixed rate of 3.3%.

We've a variable rate of 3.15% (kicking in next month)

Should I stick with variable or fix it,any advise appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hello,
    I came off a 2y fixed with BoI a few months ago and am now on a variable of 4.5%

My LTV is apprix 85% and I was thinking of paying off a lump sum to get it below 80% so that I can avail of better fixed rates.

I am now thinking that the value of the property has gone up such that if you calculate the LTV today is would be around 65%. 

Can I go to the bank and say 'look my LTV has changed due to the market - give me a better fixed rate?' - without me having to put a lump sum into the mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

lima wrote: »
    Hello,
    I came off a 2y fixed with BoI a few months ago and am now on a variable of 4.5%

My LTV is apprix 85% and I was thinking of paying off a lump sum to get it below 80% so that I can avail of better fixed rates.

I am now thinking that the value of the property has gone up such that if you calculate the LTV today is would be around 65%. 

Can I go to the bank and say 'look my LTV has changed due to the market - give me a better fixed rate?' - without me having to put a lump sum into the mortgage?

Some do. I'm with ulster bank and they'll estimate the value of your property and adjust your LTV if applicable. I just did it with them. When you apply for the change in LTV theyll do the assessment and either accept or reject a change in LTV. They won't tell you the value they arrived at unless you ring and ask them.

If their value doesn't agree with your estimation you can pay to have it valued.

I've dropped down to the 3% variable. The saving will save me about €10k over the life of the mortgage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I signed up this week with KBC existing customer 3 year fixed LTV 80% - 90% LTV. New rate with current account discount of 0.2% is now 3.1%.

Advertisement