Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Speed

Options
  • 20-04-2016 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

Is it possible to get an indication of what speed I would get on my line before ordering eFibre? 
    Eir Website says up to 100Mb but when we had ADSL previously we only got around 25% of the "up to" speed. Customer Services could not say which cabinet we are connected to so I can't check the distance

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭swoofer

jimbob20 wrote: »
    Hi

Is it possible to get an indication of what speed I would get on my line before ordering eFibre? 
    Eir Website says up to 100Mb but when we had ADSL previously we only got around 25% of the "up to" speed. Customer Services could not say which cabinet we are connected to so I can't check the distance

Thanks
    if you go to website and enter your number and then go through the process of ordering bb it will eventually show a link that will show actual speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you have a landline the prequal value is on file. If you don't an address based query gives a guestimate. Using a closeby neighbors phone number should be fairly indicative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi

Thanks
    Hi  jimbob20,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    You can check your address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/ however this is an estimated speed.

If there was a line already in the premises we can prequal that for a more accurate result. You can check the number allocated to the line by plugging a phone into the socket and dialling 199000, an automated voice should then call you back the number allocated to the line.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob20

Thanks to all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks to all
    No problem. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement