Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Town to Stephen's Green?

Options
  • 20-04-2016 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭

What time would I need to leave Wexford town at to be in Stephen's Green at 9am if I was driving there midweek?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

What time would I need to leave Wexford town at to be in Stephen's Green at 9am if I was driving there midweek?

7am would be fine. I've often driven up for that time and traffic isnt that bad. It can sometimes get slow around Kilmacanogue but the only other real build up is the junction at the Dublin Bus depot in Donnybrook in the right land for traffic turning towards Ballsbridge. Should easily do it in 2 hours and get parking and be where you need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I would be on the road by 6am. It's all plain sailing until you get to the Greystones exit on the N11 but can take an hour or more from there to city centre and then you have to find parking. A lot depends on weather, schools etc.
    Alternatives would be 5.59 train to Pearse, drive to Greystones and DART to Pearse or drive to Carrickmines and Luas to St. Stephen's Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Google maps says 1hr 40mins without traffic.

I think giving yourself only 2 hours as suggested above is leaving yourself very tight. The latest I'd leave would be 6:30 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

A 9am arrival time more than likely means you will hit peak rush hour traffic from north Co. Wicklow / south Co. Dublin. If the estimate is 1 hr 40, and it's important that you arrive on time for your appointment, I would allow yourself at least an extra hour to be on the safe side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Google maps says 1hr 40mins without traffic.

I think giving yourself only 2 hours as suggested above is leaving yourself very tight. The latest I'd leave would be 6:30 to be honest.

yeah I suppose I was talking from experience of knowing traffic, roads in the city centre and knowing exactly where I'm going and parking having done the drive regularly. Given that they are asking the question on here, good chance they arent familiar with the area or drive, so the extra time would be better to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Unless you need your car in the City Centre, I highly recommend driving to Carrickmines and get the LUAS. I regularly do this journey and get in during peak time traffic in less than 2:30 mins.
    Alternatively get the DART from Greystones, there is a Park and Ride 5 minutes walk away. You need to leave Wexford 1:45 mins before the Dart departure which is usually on the hour and half hour from Greystones (check though as there are a few variations). It does take longer to get in to the City than the Luas, and then you have to walk from Pearse or Tara Street to Stephen's Green so would need to factor that in, so Luas is better.

Advertisement