Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

He is so going to murder her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Scared? ..... Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yes girl, be afraid. I think that was more out of politeness. I'm betting the credits will say it didn't go anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

"Should I be scared?"

I hope the producers took her aside afterwards and told her, yes, she should be absolutely terrified.

Aw I'm surprised at that

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

He is so going to murder her

Was thinking the same thing. Creepy yoke. She is now his possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Ooooh....what happened with the two boys??
    Thought there was going to be a mutual yes there....

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yes girl, be afraid. I think that was more out of politeness. I'm betting the credits will say it didn't go anywhere

Bingo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

“Sadly we couldn’t find Harifa to comment on the date. Her whereabouts remain unknown”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Looks like Harifa bailed out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Think he planned to bring her to the woods........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

She seems lovely...pity they didn't match her better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Well, there's clearly a scarcity of men applying for the show. The two gay lads were the only remotely normal fellas there tonight.

The most amazing thing here tonight? I just fired up the player on my telly to catch up on the last few episodes, and not only is it playing perfectly, no ads?

Looks like there's been an upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Ooooh....what happened with the two boys??
    Thought there was going to be a mutual yes there....

So did I but maybe the Brazilian chap wanted to save face by saying that he felt the same with regards to just being friends.

I just kicked off episode 3. I'll have to read back but Gemma from Cork here wouldn't be my type at all.

Fair miserly letting yar man pay for the bill when he had no interest.

Harifa was lovely.

As was the blonde waitress, as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

First Dates on Channel 4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Fair miserly letting yar man pay for the bill when he had no interest.

Harifa was lovely.

As was the blonde waitress, as always.

He did offer. There's only so much you can do without it turning into a Mrs Doyle incident. Seems they met up several times after even if just as friends so no harm done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Still Ill wrote: »
    There's only so much you can do without it turning into a Mrs Doyle incident.

I'd love that.

Lnx-H1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

CH3OH wrote: »
    Think he planned to bring her to the woods........

'You think your scared? I have to walk back in the dark by myself'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Wasn't the Brazilian fella only lovely, proper cutee

First Dates on Channel 4 now

I moustache you a question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Psychlops wrote: »
    Is anybody else fed up with the fact that couples dont properly end up going out or nothin actually blooms from the show? Their re-cap at the end is always vague. In fact now I think of it ive never seen a couple out of it after the show?

They should just go to lisdoonvarna instead.

I don't mean to be horrible but all 3 of these guys would make me feel uncomfortable!

The New York woman makes me feel very comfortable.

• Advertisement

Galway lad with the Italian girl was funny out..
    She was a cracker too..

Hairdresser's a weirdo..

So's the bald dude..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Galway lad with the Italian girl was funny out..
    She was a cracker too..

Feel a bit sorry for her, he was absolutely legless and things must not have been going well if he decided to call his mother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Only just started watching this- late start in work today!

The Italian girl is nice looking but the Galway lad seems up almost every bad stereotype about Irish guys. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but jeez he needs some advice on how to talk to woman and not say “what’s the craic” every 2 mins

Jennifer is an absolute beaut for her age, a cracker

Her date, without meaning to be rude, is fooling no one and really needs to be true to himself

• Advertisement

The Malawian/navan girl has a lovely smile - your man seems a bit odd.

To be honest as this episode has gone on - I have started to think that maybe my other half isn’t doin so bad such is the odd nature of the Irish lads on this show

I really hope this show doesn’t go out internationally as people will just think that all Irish lads are creepy or slack jawed yokels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Jesus the lads were all punching well above their weight last night
    . Really bad series so far.

Jennifer is an absolute beaut for her age, a cracker

Her date, without meaning to be rude, is fooling no one and really needs to be true to himself

Who thought that they’d be a good match? I thought it would be a man that he was waiting for.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Who thought that they’d be a good match? I thought it would be a man that he was waiting for.

I thought she was an absolute cracker tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Jesus that American girl had a bit of a Audrey Horne vibe going for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Galway Bald man was just a bit full on and creepy, and a bit odd. Asking somebody do they kiss on a 1st date? FFS what a gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Jesus the lads were all punching well above their weight last night
    . Really bad series so far.

Last weeks programme was excellent, especially the pair from Cahk.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Yeah that was shocking last night I felt sorry for the women on it got stuck with donkeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

God I thought last nights episode was hilarious! Your man Dónal with the Italian girl was fecking gas, he seemed so casual from the second he walked in even asking Mateo 'any craic?'. I thought he had a good sense of humour but probably a bit nervous being matched with a girl who was probably a bit out of the normal for him. I thought she liked him but he probably didn't do himself any favours calling his mother and then he seemed to bottle it totally when they asked if they would like to see each other again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

I thought he was great at the interview afterwards when asked "is she your usual type "
    And he looked incredulously saying "Italian gym instructors ?"

• Advertisement

I thought he was great at the interview afterwards when asked "is she your usual type "
    And he looked incredulously saying "Italian gym instructors ?"

Yeah, that was funny..and obviously true like..he did seem like a bit of a legend though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I think fair play to anyone who goes on there, Ireland is so small that a load of people probably know somebody on the show!
    I would want to be guaranteed the last ride of my life off the hottest woman on the planet before I would even consider going on the show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Just watched the episode. Funniest in a long time. Everyone in Ireland would know the long legged Italy rhyme. Hilarious that the Italian girl was like ‘what?’. Even if she did know it, it’s Sicily not Sardinia. The phone call to his mum was cringe. Like who in their right mind would do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Just watching the dater updates on RTE2 facebook page they post every week after the show. Poor Alan is battling cancer again, all the best to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

joeguevara wrote: »
    . The phone call to his mum was cringe. Like who in their right mind would do that.

Norman Bates territory.

The Malawian/navan girl has a lovely smile - your man seems a bit odd.

To be honest as this episode has gone on - I have started to think that maybe my other half isn’t doin so bad such is the odd nature of the Irish lads on this show

I really hope this show doesn’t go out internationally as people will just think that all Irish lads are creepy or slack jawed yokels

well Irish men are rated worst in the world in the looks department by some survey this week ;);)

joking aside I think its that less men than women apply for First Dates.... they are just more shy and afraid of what their friends/neighbours would think. And in Ireland there isn't exactly a big pool to pull from (excuse pun).
    Nicest guys this series were that gorgeous landscape gardener fella a few weeks ago and the lovely Wayne from Waterford last week. The rest havent been great. :(

On the flip side those 3 beautiful women last night, the woman from Navan, Italian girl and American/Donegal women were all gorgeous and put in a lot of effort to their hair/makeup/clothing. It must be very disappointing for them. Sad to see the lovely young Italian girl crying and that poor American woman shouldn't have been paired with Galway Hairdresser - no woman should have been :rolleyes: (very unfair by RTE)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

The only decent woman last night was the Italian girl. The other two, nah no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Donal could benefit from some sort of father figure.
    Even his mother thought the date had finished as she kept asking how was it, cos who the hell rings their mother and says say hello in the middle of...well any social interaction tbh.
    The American wasn’t sure which accent to go with. Ffs I spent 7 years living in Donegal and never morphed into the natives and then went back to my usual accent. Can never understand why people do that.
    Alan was such a weirdo. African American. Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

In his pre interview, donal made the point that he chats to his mum at least 5 times a day. Even if he did, why would he have thought it interesting or positive to say it.

I think because the girl was italian, whom have a stereotype of Mama being head of the family, he probably thought she would love it. He was oblivious at how uncomfortable she was and her repeated refusal to say hello should have been the immediate end to the call. The fact he continued to chat even after his mother had gotten the name of his date wrong was as uncomfortable viewing as could be.

The fact he took his phone out at all was also crazy. He was a nice guy but definitely inexperienced and probably needed a comfort blanket. I did find the fact that she broke down crying when refusing to go on another date a bit much. Also saying it was due to distance was a cop out. It is a great quality to be close to your mother but hopefully he learns not to bring his mum on any other dates.

Got a kick out of the guy with the African lady. He was a cool guy but talking about ex girlfriends being strippers probably isn’t first date chat. He said all the right things but a bit intense on a first meeting. They did get on and make a nice couple.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    I did find the fact that she broke down crying when refusing to go on another date a bit much. Also saying it was due to distance was a cop out.

Aww.. I just thought their whole date was lovely.. I was sorry they didn't both say yes..

Advertisement