Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Awe that a pity that the American girl and your man who wants to be president someday did not click. I actually think she was disappointed and think he is a fool to turn her down. Would have made a lovely couple in Uaras an Uuctarin in 10 or 20 years time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

One look at her chest and you wouldn't mistake her for a fella anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Rathfarnham Guy is deeper up his own arse that the Coronavirus is deep into China!!

His Laois accent disappeared fairly quick as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Gay, Trans, Pan .......it’s just like some kind of trend to be something, to be different , to be “unique” and have a label . Nobody was any of these when I was a kid. You were a man or a woman , then gay came along and that was fine, but the rest is pure madness, I don’t get it . Life is complicated enough.

I identify as....... I hate that phrase.
    Weirdos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

His Laois accent disappeared fairly quick as well

Pity. Coz it’s dead sexy.
    Like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

De Bhál wrote: »
    Brutal tonight. Hard to like any of them

The best thing about tonights show is the comments on here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

jojofizzio wrote: »
    I like the American girl....

She's a gem, luckily she got turned down by president smug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

of course hes not wearing socks the knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Pity. Coz it’s dead sexy.
    Like.

Ah shure I haven loss mine!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

4Ad wrote: »
    The best thing about tonights show is the comments on here...

Same every week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    She's a gem, luckily she got turned down by president smug

Arsehole an Uachtaráin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I identify as....... I hate that phrase.
    Weirdos

Always a sure sign of a thumping bore with nothing remotely interesting to say

Think I'll apply to go on this, just to chance me arm with the blonde waitress.

Ms

Gay, Trans, Pan .......it’s just like some kind of trend to be something, to be different , to be “unique” and have a label . Nobody was any of these when I was a kid. You were a man or a woman , then gay came along and that was fine, but the rest is pure madness, I don’t get it . Life is complicated enough.

I disagree there. Gay , Lesbian and Trans are not trends they are the true feelings of that person and they have all been around for at least 100 years maybe more the only difference now is we see it more because of social media and T.V.

Pan on the other hand sounds like hard work and is more like a trend but even if it is not or is just one so be it. Whats the harm? Its not like the are harming anyone.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Ah shure I haven loss mine!!!!!

Neither have I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Think I'll apply to go on this, just to chance me arm with the blonde waitress.

Work colleague knows her from Lahinch, a pain by all accounts...
    I know (not well) one of the lads on next weeks show,
    He is a sound lad, I wonder how his personality appears on tv !!

Ms

The Brazilian has no eyebrows at all and both of her drawn on eyebrows are slightly different. Anyone else notice that?
    Oh also I meant to say earlier that the Cork girls shoes were cute. I love shoes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

“Get yer hole like.....”, I like her already,

Surely she’d be giving her hole not getting it?

Ms

Them two are perfect for each other.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The Cork lass in the red dress is so subtle

She is from Quork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Surely she’d be giving her hole not getting it?

No, you always "Get your hole", never give it😋

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    She is from Quork

She has that Cork accent that I don't like, it's one of the more recent accents and a bit artificial.

The cork girl was a bit cold with her date when they got to the taxi, she wouldn't be my cup of tea at all but at least she tried her best to pay her share of the bill.

Seamai wrote: »
    No, you always "Get your hole", never give it😋

Sure you do when you’re a man.

Chicks with no eyebrows look so feckin weird..

And yer man looking for someone quirky looks like a totally generic hipster..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Next week Larry Murphy is going on a date.

He has an owl tattoo on his forearm because he's so different..I actually work with someone with the same tattoo in the same place.. other arm though..

Yeah, they're all fairly painful tonight..
    The cork one!!.. big tattoos on a chick's thigh are so trashy..

The American girl is fairly classy though..
    The lad she's with is wedged so far up his own hole he's coming out his mouth..

Kids are idiots these days..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

The guy from Wexford "I am so different and quirky". Sorry pal, you're not. Every hipster looks like you. Same haircut, same beard/glasses and same tattoos.

The guy who was back from Australia was pretty smug, was hard to like him.

The youngfella from Kildare would want to cut out on the highfiving and "booming", he's not at Wrestlemania.

As for the young couple were they from Leitrim/Galway or the US? One thing that annoys me about the younger couples on it, they focus on each others past. How long have you been single etc... its like they are trying to one up each other, you have been single 3 months, well I have been single 6!

(Sorry for the old man rant, I haven't had my morning coffee yet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not a great week this week.

After that ep I would say find someone that loves you as much as Larry loves himself.

Fair play to cork girl for wanting to pay half. Personality wise they never really seemed like a match.

The American girl deserved better.

• Advertisement

I'm not convinced when people offer to pay, imo you get your money out and pay half if you don't want to meet again, no offering or fluffing about or worse heading to the loo like the one last week, if you're heading out together afterwards it's ok as you can pay for drinks. I don't believe most of the 'offers'.

The American girl definitely deserved a lot better, she seemed disappointed but I think she had a narrow escape.

Why do some people try too hard to be different? That pansexual one was hard work, she couldn't be just bisexual, she made some comment about being attracted to people without it being sexual?? So if your pansexual are you attracted to everything? even animals and inanimate object.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm not convinced when people offer to pay, imo you get your money out and pay half if you don't want to meet again, no offering or fluffing about or worse heading to the loo like the one last week, if you're heading out together afterwards it's ok as you can pay for drinks. I don't believe most of the 'offers'.

Ah the heading to the loo last week was so cheeky... I doubt that's the first time she's pulled that stunt either.

Totally agree with you pay halves especially if you have no intention of seeing them again and doubley especially if it's being filmed. They've no shame :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

That pansexual one was hard work, she couldn't be just bisexual, she made some comment about being attracted to people without it being sexual?? So if your pansexual are you attracted to everything? even animals and inanimate object.
    I can't remember what way she phrased it, but I'd say she said that she'd be attracted to a person rather than their gender. Maybe.

I can't remember what way she phrased it, but I'd say she said that she'd be attracted to a person rather than their gender. Maybe.

Which is covered by saying I'm bi.

Ah I don't know, I'm definitely getting old, I can't keep up with all these labels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched it now and ye have covered it all above :D

American girl (the ACTUAL American girl - not the two wannabes competing on their sexual identities) was the most genuine and nicest of the night, but she had a lucky escape I reckon.

Cork girl was a bit too much for me. I like upfront direct honesty and a cheeky side but I don't think I'd be telling the country about my cosmetic surgery and party trick all the same.

Completely agree on the ridiculousness of some of these people trying to be so different and unique that they end up looking like all the rest of their circle anyway! Hipsters!

But maybe it's just me. I don't like tattoos anyway and seeing some people deface themselves like many do just seems like a waste and shame. Good looking girls ending up looking like an extra in Prison Break.

Bah, humbug! *waves stick*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Fair play to the hipster guy imo. Making the most of what he's got if that's the look he's into!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Any couples under 21 are painful. To be honest, at that stage of your life in terms of outlook and life experience and general mentality you're still a teenager (I certainly was at that stage) and as a result the dates seem to be very fake and full of notions and insecurity.

I note the death glare when Alex said her ex-boyfriend. I also note that Alex was very non subtly dropping the bombshell that she's pansexual and wanting the other girl to bite, instead of being genuine and discussing each other's sexuality and coming out etc.

I agree with the comment about the younger people being a pain, yer one from cork "was over the whole one night stand thing "even though shes only 22 lol.

Other than for attention I can't understand why anyone under 25 would go on the show.

Between college, work, hobbies, nightclubs it's an ocean of choice.

As you get older the ocean becomes more of a puddle.

I absolutely adore the golden oldies, they're just honest and get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I agree with the comment about the younger people being a pain, yer one from cork "was over the whole one night stand thing "even though shes only 22 lol.

At 22 I was loving that lifestyle!! When I headed towards 30 I realised it was time to change, she was 22 going on 40!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don’t get why someone choosing to label themselves a certain way triggers so many people. Does it make you feel old and need to lash out at the world because it’s gone past your understanding? Like it does not affect you in a single, solitary way how someone you don’t know, who’s not involved in your life AT ALL chooses to identify their sexuality (or gender)...why does it get to you to the point that you then need to slate that person online? There’s a good chance they’re reading too, are times that tough that you need to make someone, who hasn’t wronged you, feel ****ty about themselves to get through the day?

I’m not pansexual. I identify as the gender that I was born. I don’t fully understand all of the issues and complexities involved in either. But it doesn’t affect me at all if someone else feels that way so if them identifying at that makes their lives a little easier, good luck to them.

leggo wrote: »
    I don’t get why someone choosing to label themselves a certain way triggers so many people. Does it make you feel old and need to lash out at the world because it’s gone past your understanding? Like it does not affect you in a single, solitary way how someone you don’t know, who’s not involved in your life AT ALL chooses to identify their sexuality (or gender)...why does it get to you to the point that you then need to slate that person online? There’s a good chance they’re reading too, are times that tough that you need to make someone, who hasn’t wronged you, feel ****ty about themselves to get through the day?

I’m not pansexual. I identify as the gender that I was born. I don’t fully understand all of the issues and complexities involved in either. But it doesn’t affect me at all if someone else feels that way so if them identifying at that makes their lives a little easier, good luck to them.

Well it obviously triggers you.

Personally I'm not triggered. However, my own feeling is alot of the time it's for attention seeking purposes.

A few years ago there was a massive campaign "don't put a label on me" and yet here we are with a new "label" each week to describe something that already had "a label".

I personally don't care what a person's orientation is once they are happy and it's legal. However, this constant need to be out there and edgy is getting old.

Personally I'm not triggered. However, my own feeling is alot of the time it's for attention seeking purposes.

A few years ago there was a massive campaign "don't put a label on me" and yet here we are with a new "label" each week to describe something that already had "a label".

I personally don't care what a person's orientation is once they are happy and it's legal. However, this constant need to be out there and edgy is getting old.

People who don’t care about something often create lists of reasons why that same thing bothers them. That’s how ‘not caring’ works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Only got to watch the last two episodes now.

If the Manchester guy and Larry ever changed teams I'd be looking for either of them :D

Something I don't like about the show is all the waffle at the start before the actual dates. Mateo and co talking about love and being in love and what not.

The man from Australia was great. Confidence is a great. Self belief is great. I am great.

I'm always triggered. What's the big deal?

Couldn’t disagree more with this. You’re basically making a case for her having to settle because she’s got a disability. Trying to force attraction is a proven recipe for disaster and it usually ends in someone (usually the person not forcing attraction) getting hurt. He’s a sound lad and is much better off with someone mad about him, just as she is lovely and much better off with someone she’s mad about.

No i never suggested that for one second. If shes not attracted to him then fair enough. Im merely pointing out that his acceptance of her situation could be something she rarely encounters, thats all. Its a reality.

Yeaaaahh...that reads like the kind of emotionally manipulative language people use to try convince people not to break up with them tbh. "You'll never find someone who loves you like I do" etc.

And if you weren't making that point, then you were just making a pretty mean and unnecessary remark about someone with a disability, so either way it's not great.

Yeaaaahh...that reads like the kind of emotionally manipulative language people use to try convince people not to break up with them tbh. "You'll never find someone who loves you like I do" etc.

And if you weren't making that point, then you were just making a pretty mean and unnecessary remark about someone with a disability, so either way it's not great.

:rolleyes:

Whatever mate

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

The American girl definitely deserved a lot better, she seemed disappointed but I think she had a narrow escape.

Why do some people try too hard to be different? That pansexual one was hard work, she couldn't be just bisexual, she made some comment about being attracted to people without it being sexual?? So if your pansexual are you attracted to everything? even animals and inanimate object.

If you don't believe in pansexuality or whatever that's fine, but to make a comparison with bestiality is a bit low, even for this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement