Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

Send me on yer Eircodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Lucky fecker though.

Valeria is gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Amanda Brunker is on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Amanda Brunker is on

Ha, I knew there was someone she was a ringer for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

These lads are out of the game too long...some of the chat-up lines are just crriinnggee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hahahahaha oh god

‘Yeh’ ‘No’ in-tandem!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus Marco ...ease up pleeeeeze!!

He was like a love sick puppy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭LilacNails

What a bitch! The poor man doesn't need more confidence knocked out of him.... She was making too much of a big deal about him being nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

If she doesn't want Joe, I'll have him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

LilacNails wrote: »
    What a bitch! The poor man doesn't need more confidence knocked out of him.... She was making too much of a big deal about him being nervous.

Not sure how she was being a bitch tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

I see the Donegal accent has become a D4 accent !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Joe may stand up the waiter for that pint so

Poor Paul.

Just shows you can buy new teeth, but not renewed confidence. Hopefully its the catalyst for him to improve in that regard and find someone down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

no wonder she fled back to Russia to get away from him.

pgj2015 wrote: »

I wouldn't rule him out trekking all the way to her front door in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not sure how she was being a bitch tbh

She was a bit blunt in fairness (maybe she picked that up in Sweden), I'm not a fan of the old "I'd like to see you as a friend" line but she could have sugar coated her response a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

LilacNails wrote: »

Ah, I don't know... She could have been a bit nicer about it, a bit less blunt, maybe. But he was so nervous, it was a big deal. And I say that as someone with a tendency towards anxiousness. It's not an attractive quality to a lot of people, but it can be worked on.

They could maybe have matched him with someone a bit more sensitive. Someone on the same page as him. Poor ****.

what age was Brunker?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

what age was Brunker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

What was the last line in Irish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Kalyke wrote: »

I'd needv to see it word for word again but it was something along the lines of 'there were no results on the dirty dancing'...I can't remember the exact word used before dirty dancing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

We're all wondering that!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

What was the last line in Irish?[. /‘there were no reports of dirty dancing’.

That seanan lad has notions..id be wary of people who move their hands so much when they're talking too..

As for the gay lad who is his true self when he's dressed up as Marge Simpson..

Was Timmy's date from a few episodes ago checking out the two young lads too?..

I think this sums up the failure of Irish language education in this country, I hadnt a clue what it said either, it may as well have been Chinese.

The Russian girl is lovely.. the dude with her is painful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think this sums up the failure of Irish language education in this country, I hadnt a clue what it said either, it may as well have been Chinese.

It's the Donegal Irish! Different to the rest.

FitzShane wrote: »
    It's the Donegal Irish! Different to the rest.

Shur even Donegal English can be iffy at the best of times..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭jaffa20

4Ad wrote: »
    I see the Donegal accent has become a D4 accent !!

Ah she has lost a bit of it but it's still there. I'm the same after living down here. It comes out more when talking to people from Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I would hate to be on the dating scene now.
    Even if you’re a bit good looking but possible coke fan like the P.E. teacher, anyone over 35 seems to have kids or ex wives or general baggage. The ex will of course use the kids as a power play too.

Though I think he only saw Ailbhe as a bit of a goer rather than a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I don't think I have seen a camper pairing

1?w=550&productSizeId=1
    it was a bit out of order the fat one telling him last year to get his teeth sorted out on national tv, she just met him in fairness. none of her business, imagine going out with her.

I actually thought it was the best thing to happen to him. She was a bit brusque, but firm. She was also dead right and he is a lot happier in life now. Needs to do some of those confidence and self worth classes and he'll be good to go.
    OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Dont think Paul is brushing his new teeth either..

And he needs to work on this too.

Probably in self-isolation after volunteering for a 5 year stretch in a gulag after meeting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I’m fairly fluent in Irish. My Dad is Donegal and it pains him that I can’t understand most of what he says. Honestly, I sometimes think that they accentuate it. It’s strange that Donegal Gaelgoirs can understand us Munster peasants but not vice versa. And I would have spent extensive periods in Falcarragh, Fannad and Anagaire Gaeltacht areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd say alot go on the show just for Mateo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I would hate to be on the dating scene now.
    Even if you’re a bit good looking but possible coke fan like the P.E. teacher, anyone over 35 seems to have kids or ex wives or general baggage. The ex will of course use the kids as a power play too.

Worth keeping in mind that you’re only going to get a certain cross-section of singledom on this show, i.e. single people likely to apply to go on First Dates and pour their heart out for the nation about their exes etc. That’s gonna trend towards people who say stuff like ‘my journey’ a lot, people who accumulate baggage because they see drama as making for a better story down the pub or to get them on TV for a few minutes.

That’s not to say that that sums up every single person on the show, it doesn’t, I’m sure many contestants are lovely, genuine people. But every person on the show did consciously make a decision to apply to a show where they’ll have to recount their dating history and baggage for the nation, so it figures that a significant portion of that will be happy to do so, and then it figures that you’ll get people who’ll happily collect said baggage as they go along. But then there’s also the vast majority of the country who didn’t, and wouldn’t, apply to be on First Dates so aren’t represented by this crowd.

leggo wrote: »
    That’s gonna trend towards people who say stuff like ‘my journey’ a lot,.

I laughed at this..

• Advertisement

What I find quite strange on here is the amount of posts labelling people coke heads if they are in any way animated.

While still a great show and very entertaining, for me it is starting to go a bit like Come Dine with me did on Channel 4, looking for ‘characters’ rather than normal dates.

If the show is about ‘a first date’ rather than therapy, people would not get into some of that they do. I am a firm believer that a persons past and battles definitely makes them who they are but they are not first date material. I think the show will lose its charm if it continues to encourage participants to discuss deep personal things. It is also clear that the lack of dates that lead to many couples even though they are matched well is because of this.

joeguevara wrote: »
    I’m fairly fluent in Irish. My Dad is Donegal and it pains him that I can’t understand most of what he says. Honestly, I sometimes think that they accentuate it. It’s strange that Donegal Gaelgoirs can understand us Munster peasants but not vice versa. And I would have spent extensive periods in Falcarragh, Fannad and Anagaire Gaeltacht areas.

I just meant the written words that came up,about how they got on after the date. I didnt have a clue what that meant. donegal irish in written the same as irish in say kerry?

KevRossi wrote: »
    1?w=550&productSizeId=1

I actually thought it was the best thing to happen to him. She was a bit brusque, but firm. She was also dead right and he is a lot happier in life now. Needs to do some of those confidence and self worth classes and he'll be good to go.

what would the reaction have been if he had told that woman that she was morbidly obese and should lose a lot of weight or she would likely be dead in 5 years? then if she agreed, "ah yeah Ann you really should now"
    she would probably start crying, storm out and he would be crucified on social media for it.

I just meant the written words that came up,about how they got on after the date. I didnt have a clue what that meant. donegal irish in written the same as irish in say kerry?

Usually but sometimes different words,.

Like Munster to ask how are you is conas ata tu but Donegal is Go dté mar atá tú?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Usually but sometimes different words,.

Like Munster to ask how are you is conas ata tu but Donegal is Go dté mar atá tú?

oh right, didnt know that, i knew the pronunciation was different.

• Advertisement

oh right, didnt know that, i knew the pronunciation was different.

It’s mainly about pronunciation though. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose to annoy Munster Irish speakers. It is much more pleasing on the ear.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

The sentence on screen translated to “there were no reports of dirty dancing”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

For a guy who isn't 'looking' for a date, the guy with the Russian woman sure does try a lot of different dating services (Tinder, First Dates, Clothes Smelling).

I'm not sure where they get some of these guys from, but there's been a couple now with more than a bang of serial killer of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Achasanai wrote: »
    For a guy who isn't 'looking' for a date, the guy with the Russian woman sure does try a lot of different dating services (Tinder, First Dates, Clothes Smelling).

I'm not sure where they get some of these guys from, but there's been a couple now with more than a bang of serial killer of them.

Yeah, I've no idea what kinda girl would be impressed by all his ****e talk. He'll probably look back at the show and cringe in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

God love the Russian girl with this bore.
    He comes across like he has read a pamphlet on mindfulness or something, totally painful.
    The two gay guys were actually nice enough and cool they could be mates sure what odds about what they want to wear.
    Your man with the teeth needs to keep those new gnashers clean...or they won't last. His date seemed like a decent sort and had a hard hard life by sounds of it.
    This Irish speaking woman is a total dose, seriously imagine the outrage if a man said he wanted a woman with money and ordered her main?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I think this thread has been exceptionally hard on the fella who dated the Russian girl? He came across fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Still Ill wrote: »
    Yeah, I've no idea what kinda girl would be impressed by all his ****e talk. He'll probably look back at the show and cringe in the future
    I think this thread has been exceptionally hard on the fella who dated the Russian girl? He came across fine to me.

Found one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

gmisk wrote: »
    This Irish speaking woman is a total dose, seriously imagine the outrage if a man said he wanted a woman with money and ordered her main?

Deal breaker for me. I'd have just got up and left if she did that to me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Still Ill wrote: »
    Found one!

I'm not a girl :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

I'm not a girl :pac:

"Not yet a woman" :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement