Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Ouch....

In fairness when Hughie calms down he seems fine. it is all the wind and drama that would wind me up, I think?

He walked into one there though.... the Scottish bloke was taking no guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Two obnoxious, self-centred prima donnas.

Absolute car crash tv. It's a mess of a match. 2 bell ends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Can I meet your Dad? Lol

I wouldn't mind being matched up with Honey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭WildWater

At least she had the decency to go first and say no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hughie is always ott at the start of anything, then he settles and is more down to earth . Still a bit ott but more likeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Ouch....

In fairness when Hughie calms down he seems fine. it is all the wind and drama that would wind me up, I think?

He walked into one there though.... the Scottish bloke was taking no guff.

2 big egos there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The lesbots seem a bit besotted by each other.

It’s nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Jesus Hughies date is awful.. very rude..I think maybe he likes to be the center of attention and threw a strip when he saw hughie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Harpy wrote: »
    Jesus Hughies date is awful.. very rude..I think maybe he likes to be the center of attention and threw a strip when he saw hughie..

I suspect that match may have had some input from the production team.

• Advertisement

I think Hughie and the Jock would get on well as friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

He doesn’t want to have sex with him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭A-Train

Car crash of a date. 2 prima donnas that don’t want to play second fiddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,485 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He doesn’t want to have sex with him!!

Ah feck was looking forward to that part of the show, all eyes on the Ladies now...

Good on ye ladies. Hope there is a good update from them at the end.

I think Hughies date reminded him of his ex, yer man he met on BB .

Delighted for the two girls :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Gaye & John got closer & closer ... Awww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ah jaysus RTE went just as they were saying what happened to the older couple afterwards. Can somebody fill me in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has that lad Hughie been on some other reality show, sure Ive seen him somewhere before

ah jaysus RTE went just as they were saying what happened to the older couple afterwards. Can somebody fill me in?

They are seeing each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

They enjoyed many long walks , abd are looking forward to the future together. So look like a proper couple.

They went for long walks , getting closer and closer and are looking forward to the future together!

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Has that lad Hughie been on some other reality show, sure Ive seen him somewhere before

Big Brother and something else I cant remember.

WildWater wrote: »
    They are seeing each other.
    Harpy wrote: »
    They enjoyed many long walks , abd are looking forward to the future together. So look like a proper couple.

nice to see a proper happy ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The Dancing show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The 2 lesbians were good craic and nice looking girls. A good match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭hawley

Hughie shows a different side to the travelling community. Really positive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

think he was on dancing with the stars too, taught the lesbian couple were great, i was thinking Bethany would be OTT from the ads during the week but she came across really well, Hughie was just there for his own profile, the scottish guy came across a bit self absorbed anyway, bringing your own entourage in these times doesn't reflect well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think bringing an entourage in with you is a bit much to a first date... I mean you are supposed to be giving your date your attention? I have no idea what was going on there?

But Hughie needs manners also. He seems lovely and a bit of craic, but he got in everyone's face and if someone is shy or not clicking with you it is no excuse to call them names or accuse them of being rude, I don't think? I get that nerves can effect how you might carry yourself, but you can't blame someone else if they don't get on with you?

Clanger alert...

It takes 2 to TANGO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,780 ✭✭✭✭walshb

God, that hairdresser lad!!! Pretentious pompous prat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

I quite like the gay traveller guy actually. Nice bit of outrageous flamboyance to liven the show up. So many of the dates are as dull as dishwater tbh. I’d say if you were there you’d be enjoying having someone entertaining to break the ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Ugh, Glasgow guy needs a slap. What a twat

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

<snip>

Mod - please report posts you've an issue with, rather than respond to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

<snip>

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Rikand wrote: »
    The Dancing show

ah yeah, that was it. How could I have forgotten when he slapped on the fake tan so hard people were accusing him of wearing blackface :D

000d6faf-1600.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    What's the craic with the 2 girls that have yerman the pep talk? Who are they?

It's for his own ego, no other reason. The moment I saw him, I knew he was toxic. It's all about him, He needs to be the centre of adulation and the centre of attention. He realised very quickly who Hughie was and that he couldn't outdo him. If he had been with an ordinary date, he's the type who lets the other one pay, let's them go first when asking would they like to see each other again, and then says they have no intention of meeting. He likes to control and crush people, but he couldn't do it here.
    Hughie has definitely softened the Glaswegian's cough.

And I'm absa-fcuking-loutely delighted that he did.

Hughie is too hyper, his antics at the bat spell it out. As someone said, he's fine after a while. But he's a positive role model in many ways, just someone who needs to learn how to calm himself down a bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Ok, I was as cynical as anyone about Hughie a few pages back, but think I actually felt a tinge of sympathy for him there. Yes Hughie was OTT and "showy", but that Scottish guy was an absolute cúnt. I mean to not even respond and leave Hughie hanging when he said it was nice to meet him, what a prick.

Loved the lesbian couple also, fantastic chemistry.

Also love the weekly complaints on here about there being "too many" gay couples. If it's winding up the oddballs of boards.ie then it must be doing something right :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Unpopular opinion im presuming but did anyone else think the older gentlemen was OTT with the compliments, i was watching just thinking settle down pal, they seem happy enough anyway from the catch up at the end.

Unpopular opinion im presuming but did anyone else think the older gentlemen was OTT with the compliments, i was watching just thinking settle down pal, they seem happy enough anyway from the catch up at the end.

I got the impression it made her a bit uncomfortable alright and was actually expecting her to say no. Nevertheless they seem happy now so glad it worked out for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I thought he went ott too, I'd have felt uncomfortable but he was probably trying to be a gentleman.

To thine own self be true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Having watched yet but is Hughie accepted in the Travellers community

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I must be on my own on this one, but I thought the Scottish guy was pretty funny. Hughie was a huge attention seeker and your man just kept shooting him down. Saying that, I'm sure I'd have a completely different opinion of the Scottish guy if he was with someone else - he did seem a bit full of himself.

On reflection, I think they were both unlikeable people!

The two lesbian girls are nice..
    Their tattoos are desperate though..

Is that orange lad a traveller?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I think the Scottish lad came across as an incredible @sshole.
    I'd say his plan was to arrive with his "entourage" (two basic b!tches) and be super flamboyant for the tv cameras but as soon as he laid eyes on Hughie realised that wasn't going to happen for him so just spent the date sulking and being incredibly rude.
    Whilst Hughie can be a head wrecker ultimately he is a bit of craic and harmless whereas I'd say your man is a horrible (unt in any situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭4Ad

The two lesbian girls are nice..
    Their tattoos are desperate though..

Is that orange lad a traveller?..

Yep.

Awe..I'm watching it now and I really hope both the lesbians say yeah..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I thought that at first, but there again, they are there for 90 mins at least so that could be all the compliments he gave her in that time that were then edited in to the 8-10 mins that we see.

Anyway, she likes him, that's all that matters.

That Galway lad got a shock when yer one said no..

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pleh

I suspect that match may have had some input from the production team.

Must have had, this cudnt be real, could anyone be more rude, I felt sorry for Hughie though loud really had nice manners unlike the Scotsman

• Advertisement
Advertisement