Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

walshb wrote: »
    God, that hairdresser lad!!! Pretentious pompous prat!

Cult leader vibes about him, particularly given what he said about his exes. Very unnerving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

From the minute Hughie walked in the door he was a head wrecker.
    Its like 1 time I went on a date to a pub in Dublin on a Saturday evening, the pub was quiet and I was waiting for a few minutes for my date. I made the mistake of saying hello to this drunk idiot at the bar and from there on he kept shouting over at us, said "punching above your weight there champ" or something to that effect when the date arrived. Every time he went to the jacks or smoke he said something to me.
    It was uber annoying, luckily the date saw the funny side but it was really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Still Ill

The manner in which the young girl said 'No' to a second date should be a lesson to all the attention seekers out there who let their poor dates go first only to reject them. In there immediately asking to go first and unambiguous, but still nice about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

That Galway lad got a shock when yer one said no..

No idea why he was so cocky, he was an ugly ****.

I was surprised his date ended up being a woman..I was convinced he was gay before they showed his date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Oops!

MarkY91 wrote: »

I was surprised his date ended up being a woman..I was convinced he was gay before they showed his date.

The fella going on about the 7th son of a 7th son sh**e?:rolleyes:

Na not gay but you could see the big cheesy grin breaking out on his face every time he opened his mouth and massaged his own massive ego...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

From the minute Hughie walked in the door he was a head wrecker.
    Its like 1 time I went on a date to a pub in Dublin on a Saturday evening, the pub was quiet and I was waiting for a few minutes for my date. I made the mistake of saying hello to this drunk idiot at the bar and from there on he kept shouting over at us, said "punching above your weight there champ" or something to that effect when the date arrived. Every time he went to the jacks or smoke he said something to me.
    It was uber annoying, luckily the date saw the funny side but it was really annoying.

Your date sounds awful. Never bring a first date to a pub...... textbook error.

I think Hughie is very extroverted, basically far too much and that simply does not suit everyone. He wears his heart on his sleeve and can be overbearing. He needs to temper that as he matures, I am sure he will.

But I still thought he was rude when he started interfering with other tables and dates. That is simply bad manners. He needs to learn boundaries, not everyone or thing that he sees are there for him to interfere with. Also you cannot blame someone else for not liking you... if someone feels compromised or intimidated by your manner, it is not fair to label them as being rude either, that is borderline bullying.

I don't think he is a bad person, he just needs to tighten up on his common manners. He acted like a drunk, if the cameras were not rolling he could have been turfed out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,780 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Having watched yet but is Hughie accepted in the Travellers community

Yeh...sure why not.........:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

walshb wrote: »
    Yeh...sure why not.........:cool:

Because the Traveller community is very homophobic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Because the Traveller community is very homophobic

Yea but glam and fake tan is huge in the traveller world

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yea but glam and fake tan is huge in the traveller world

I suppose it is
    I was of the belief going by what I've seen in the media a few times gays were not accepted in the Travellers community

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

MarkY91 wrote: »

Know of your man from back home in Galway. Would go in the same circles as a lot of cocky full of themselves lads but I’d say he can back his up a bit more seemed somewhat intelligent

Def he was shocked when he got the no from your one she seemed nice and mature for 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Only watching this now.

Jeez but I thought everyone knew who Debbie Harry is!

Only watching this now.

You're showing your age there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

You're showing your age there..
    :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Don't stress it, I thought the Kardashians were an East London crime family....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I watched this for the first time since I knew somebody on it a few years ago.

Hughie was Hughie but the Scottish lad was a twat landing on with his two buddies for support or something. I'd say he'd be a nightmare to work with.

The Galway guy did get a land when your one said no(She looked very familiar to me). I think she had enough fella's with guitars playing Wonderwall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I watched this for the first time since I knew somebody on it a few years ago.

Hughie was Hughie but the Scottish lad was a twat landing on with his two buddies for support or something. I'd say he'd be a nightmare to work with.

The Galway guy did get a land when your one said no(She looked very familiar to me). I think she had enough fella's with guitars playing Wonderwall.

His interview about him preparing his bedroom for a post date shag did it for me and I just thought 'muppet'.
    Good enough for him.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Only watching this now.

That was sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

His interview about him preparing his bedroom for a post date shag did it for me and I just thought 'muppet'.
    Good enough for him.

Think that segment means he is never ever getting the ride from a first date again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hughie is a bit of a pain, but he is at least half decent and a laugh....his date....was absolutely... dreadful....horrible...mean..amazingly cocky considering he is not attractive at all, constant eye rolls and dirty looks, hated not being centre of attention, bringing two mates with him zzz, also what's with the accent?? Is he scottish via the falls road or what?!

The older couple very sweet and a nice match.

The lesbian couple were a great match both seem like a good laugh and sound, they would be fun on a night out.

That Galway guy was a knob..weirdly cocky....his date was pretty sound and had a bit of chat about her, she also did the right thing after, fair play

• Advertisement

Hughie what a pain
    I guess being gay and Traveller he can't be called out on it
    As someone said if he was in any decent local he wouldn't be far off being told to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

One of them is a busty ride.

Needs to distract from her face

Good enough for him.

When I was at college there was a lad with a guitar who was the exact same and he never stopped playing Wonderwall. He never got the women tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,998 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Hughie, he is loud and camp but I think good hearted no malice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Needs to distract from her face

You sound like the Scottish hairdresser. Just nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭chosen1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like Hughie, he is loud and camp but I think good hearted no malice

Before the show aired, I was fully expecting the thread would be complaining about Hughies appearance, but it was some achievement by the Scottish lad to win people around to Hughie.

Don't think I've ever come across such spitefulness and rude behaviour from anyone in any episode I've seen.

Doesn't take much to be polite for an hour or two.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

chosen1 wrote: »
    Before the show aired, I was fully expecting the thread would be complaining about Hughies appearance, but it was some achievement by the Scottish lad to win people around to Hughie.

Don't think I've ever come across such spitefulness and rude behaviour from anyone in any episode I've seen.

Doesn't take much to be polite for an hour or two.

Especially when you're being filmed. The guy must not have much self awareness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

I thought Hughie was great tv. A bit overbearing but has his head screwed on and a really nice guy. I hope they bring him back for another go. It was a but unfair to end up with the date he did.

Why is Hughie famous?Or what does he actually do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭jaffa20

He's a gay and member of the travelling communuty who appaered on big brother and some dancing show.

Google might help some more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hughie and the Scottish lad clashed for round 2 on D'arcys radio show earlier today. Scottish lad wouldnt apoligise for being rude and said it was because Hughie had been slagging him on Facebook. Just as the row was really about to kick off D'arcy muted both of them and went to an ad break. Shame really because it was developing into some fight, it could have been pure Jerry Springer

jaffa20 wrote: »
    He's a gay and member of the travelling communuty who appaered on big brother and some dancing show.

Google might help some more.

I know that much just wondering what else he does

Reality TV Star

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Newbie20

That Scottish fella was just horrible. It was like a scene from Mean Girls or something when he walked in with the two girls next to him. Mateo should have told him to **** off at the door. We’re in the middle of a pandemic, come in on your own or don’t come in at all ya little rude self centred ****.

Newbie20 wrote: »
    That Scottish fella was just horrible. It was like a scene from Mean Girls or something when he walked in with the two girls next to him. Mateo should have told him to **** off at the door. We’re in the middle of a pandemic, come in on your own or don’t come in at all ya little rude self centred ****.

The background extras are all part of the contestant's 'bubbles' now to reduce the amount of household mixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The background extras are all part of the contestant's 'bubbles' now to reduce the amount of household mixtures.

I get that but no one else walked in with their entourage. Even last week when Meath guy sister was there she slipped off before walking into the restaurant. It was obvious she was their for support rather than an ego trip.

Your man stated he was the "life and soul" of the party.....well I think I'll skip that party. He was extremely rude. For the hour or two that's in it you can be abit more than monosyllabic. If he had said he was shy I'd understand more and think he was just mortified and didn't know what to do with himself, but surely the "life and soul" isn't a shrinking violet and should be able to bounce off another person and have the craic.

I wonder whose bubble Andrew from OT is in...or maybe it's the husband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Hughie and the Scottish lad clashed for round 2 on D'arcys radio show earlier today. Scottish lad wouldnt apoligise for being rude and said it was because Hughie had been slagging him on Facebook. Just as the row was really about to kick off D'arcy muted both of them and went to an ad break. Shame really because it was developing into some fight, it could have been pure Jerry Springer

Typical D'Arcy. Hee doesn't recognise good radio when it walks into his studio and sits down in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

KevRossi wrote: »
    Typical D'Arcy. Hee doesn't recognise good radio when it walks into his studio and sits down in front of him.

Yea, Darcy the fool, shutting down a traveller and Scotsman fighting on national daytime radio. The amateur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

KevRossi wrote: »

Producers make the call, not presenters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Just watched this last night. I like Hughie he is very funny. A reminder again to everyone, try to watch his interview on podge and rodge, it’s the funniest thing I ever see in Irish tv.
    But you would be worried about him and all cosmetic surgery he is getting. If he can afford it he is going to end up like the Brazilian Barbie doll man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Newbie20 wrote: »

didn't that guy from Meath come with his sister and someone else? what is the difference?

also that guy was going on as if his dad was Elvis just because he was a 7th son of a 7th son, who actually believes in such rubbish?

why would you keep talking about your dad on a first date? its weird.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    didn't that guy from Meath come with his sister and someone else? what is the difference?

They arrived to the hotel together but didn't walk into the restaurant together. They certainly didn't March in as a posse to the date. Also the guy that arrived with his sister, she was there as support as it was his first date in 14 yrs after a brain injury. .....not really comparing like with like.

It was either an "intimidation" tactic or "look at me, I'm fabulous" ....either way it fell flat on its face as Hughie obviously has a stronger "I'm fabulous" persona and was more than a match.

Tommy Tiernan should get Hughie on

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

It was either an "intimidation" tactic or "look at me, I'm fabulous"

The only thing that Scottish guy was fabulous at was being a prick.

What a self absorbed rude asshole.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan should get Hughie on

Be careful what you wish for :D

It would make for an interesting interview.

Joking aside I'd say Hughie has an awful lot of insecurities, alot of flamboyant people do. However he's very young and the amount of work he has had done on his face is heartbreaking. .....the fact he feels the need for the work etc.

• Advertisement

Be careful what you wish for :D

It would make for an interesting interview.

Joking aside I'd say Hughie has an awful lot of insecurities, alot of flamboyant people do. However he's very young and the amount of work he has had done on his face is heartbreaking. .....the fact he feels the need for the work etc.

I think his ex Ryan from BB got him into getting work done and now could be addicted

rosser44 wrote: »
    The only thing that Scottish guy was fabulous at was being a prick.

What a self absorbed rude asshole.

Absolutely. I was actually embarrassed for him. So what if you don't connect, the least you can do is be respectful towards the other person.

I thought the girl who was with the young lad was excruciating.

Loved the two women and the older couple.

I'm not falling for the Scot guy's tactics.
    Does anyone else not think it was a set up and we'll see him on Big Brother or Love Island etc etc soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

What you all think of your one with the seventh son ?

What you all think of your one with the seventh son ?

I think they were badly matched.
    I may have missed it but I didn't feel she got a lot of airtime compared to rest of them.
    Some may have felt she was snotty but generally guys like him will go off with anybody and think it's because of his guitar skills.
    I think somebody said he was ugly which I'd consider harsh. He just couldn't pull off the look he was going for in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement