Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

I think they were badly matched.
    I may have missed it but I didn't feel she got a lot of airtime compared to rest of them.
    Some may have felt she was snotty but generally guys like him will go off with anybody and think it's because of his guitar skills.
    I think somebody said he was ugly which I'd consider harsh. He just couldn't pull off the look he was going for in my opinion.

What was the look ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What was the look ?

His hair style, beard, etc but maybe he hasn't gone to the barbers due to Covid.
    Also what he was wearing wasn't great in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Rmgblue

Just watched this last night. I like Hughie he is very funny. A reminder again to everyone, try to watch his interview on podge and rodge, it’s the funniest thing I ever see in Irish tv.
    But you would be worried about him and all cosmetic surgery he is getting. If he can afford it he is going to end up like the Brazilian Barbie doll man.

I can't find this online. Can anyone share a link please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

It's on the rte player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

It's on the rte player

Talking about Podge & Rodge, not first dates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

What you all think of your one with the seventh son ?

I didn't warm to her at all after her intro but he was an absolute bell-end which probably didn't help.

When he started the date by making a point of his frankly stupid tattoo, I knew straight away the type of lad he was and the whole "I prepare my bedroom when I'm on any date" confirmed he was an arsěhole. Add to that being an acoustic guitar player.... Yeah...

He didn't seem to engage her and came with his unwritten list of things to ramble about so could understand her being disengaged and probably being somewhere between bemused and bored the whole date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Oops!

A complete self absorbed t*t....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm not falling for the Scot guy's tactics.
    Does anyone else not think it was a set up and we'll see him on Big Brother or Love Island etc etc soon?
    Well big brother is long gone, love island isn't really for gay men....so not a great tactic lol
    But in all seriousness I get your point he is clearly doing it to raise his profile and get some reality TV gigs, the problem is, Ireland isn't awash with them, and the ones we have tend to be filled with RTE staff ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Talking about Podge & Rodge, not first dates

I don’t see it on the RTÉ player. For some reason it is very difficult to rewatch this interview. I only saw it myself when RTÉ did a rerun of that latest series, as was away when the episode first aired. I think RTÉ must have got a lot of complaints about that interview. I think even podge and rodge were shocked by the crazy stuff Hughie was coming out with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

The first ep. I could not get over the tanned Dublin girl. She went through the whole date pretty much leading him on. Only to get him to pay for the date and then say no to meeting up again. I thought that was pretty sly. If she wasn't feeling a connection she shouldn't have went on the way she did..

The second ep. Hughie was hilarious and scot fella seemed like the dullest person I have ever watched on the show...

• Advertisement

I'm not falling for the Scot guy's tactics.
    Does anyone else not think it was a set up and we'll see him on Big Brother or Love Island etc etc soon?

He may want to get on another reality program but I know a some gay fella's with that type of personality. It drives people insane being around them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That Scottish gay fellas was not very nice at all not that I liked Hughie either he is just too full on over the top but at least he tried and he was funny.
    Delighted for the two lesbians Hannah and Bethany they seemed lovely together.
    As for Gaye and John not really like him. He called her pet ffs. Very strange. Maybe hf is a gent just a weird way to talk to someone you have just met or even know. What we do pet she is not a dog ffs.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    That Scottish gay fellas was not very nice at all not that I liked Hughie either he is just too full on over the top but at least he tried and he was funny.
    Delighted for the two lesbians Hannah and Bethany they seemed lovely together.
    As for Gaye and John not really like him. He called her pet ffs. Very strange. Maybe hf is a gent just a weird way to talk to someone you have just met or even know. What we do pet she is not a dog ffs.

"Pet" is an old fashioned term of endearment.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

I found Hughie absolutely a noxious. He made no attempt to pay his share of the bill and that says it all. That Scottish lad had a lucky escape and should have only paid for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I found Hughie absolutely a noxious. He made no attempt to pay his share of the bill and that says it all. That Scottish lad had a lucky escape and should have only paid for himself.

I could have sworn the Scot offered to pay for both meals, but Hughie said he'd prefer to split, so they split the bill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

dee_mc wrote: »
    I could have sworn the Scot offered to pay for both meals, but Hughie said he'd prefer to split, so they split the bill?

That’s my recollection too

The scotch man said he’d pay

Then Huey said, no I’ll pay for my dinner we will split the Bill

That’s my memory of it without rewatching it

He may want to get on another reality program but I know a some gay fella's with that type of personality. It drives people insane being around them.

I also would know some gay guys like this. They go “out of their way” to be rude and obnoxious.

I find with these people they go into shock when treated with the same rudeness and then waterworks and cry victim.

In the early days of our relationship I was out with My better half one night when this yoke of a guy heavily obese and extremely camp joined our table and her and her friends uninvited

He started by making unwanted sexual remarks towards me and my male friend. He got nowhere with this.

He Then proceeded to try and cause division and singled her and one of her friends out making extremely insulting and sneaky remarks about them and their appearance.

One reference was “Down syndrome head on ye” just so you get an idea of the animal we were dealing with.

He also roared shouting at another friend to go and buy him a cocktail.

She then after much provocation let a few mild insults back his way. Nothing referencing his sexuality.

He bulled through the pub knocking ppl like skittles then ran to the women’s toilets crying and shouting he had been a victim of a homophobic attack.

Unbelievable that some ppl seem to think this is acceptable and normal behaviour.

In the early days of our relationship I was out with My better half one night when this yoke of a guy heavily obese and extremely camp joined our table and her and her friends uninvited

He started by making unwanted sexual remarks towards me and my male friend. He got nowhere with this.

He Then proceeded to try and cause division and singled her and one of her friends out making extremely insulting and sneaky remarks about them and their appearance.

One reference was “Down syndrome head on ye” just so you get an idea of the animal we were dealing with.

She then after much provocation let a few mild insults back his way. Nothing referencing his sexuality.

He bulled through the pub knocking ppl like skittles then ran to the women’s toilets crying and shouting he had been a victim of a homophobic attack.

Unbelievable that some ppl seem to think this is acceptable and normal behaviour.

Cool story bro

• Advertisement

As somebody who hasn't watched First Dates really, have they ever had travellers on before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

As somebody who hasn't watched First Dates really, have they ever had travellers on before?

Plenty of women who looked like them alright, but no, don’t think so

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

I have seen this numerous times now, a gay guy using his sexuality to bully straight guys, it's weird as the times I have seen it they got away with far more than a straight guy. Once a guy snapped and punched him in the face, from an objective observers point of view the lad was well within his rights but he was the one turfed out, gay lad claiming homophobe.

Any Scottish guy was probably the biggest wstain I have seen on the show

I think the biggest issue with the Scottish guy is that he wasn’t the star of the show. He waltzed in their with his entourage fully expecting to be the dominant and flamboyant one. Then he met Hughie and for sure he knew who he was, so was upstaged from the very start. It was extremely bad match making by the producers. Hopefully we see Hughie back again, and I even hope the Scottish guy is back also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I think the biggest issue with the Scottish guy is that he wasn’t the star of the show. He waltzed in their with his entourage fully expecting to be the dominant and flamboyant one. Then he met Hughie and for sure he knew who he was, so was upstaged from the very start. It was extremely bad match making by the producers. Hopefully we see Hughie back again, and I even hope the Scottish guy is back also.

Dear God no. I want normal people, not wannabe "celebrity" muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

What you all think of your one with the seventh son ?

He wasn't a seven son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I actually think most people in it this series have been likeable, which makes a change.

The only exceptions were the crude gay lad from Sligo, the 7th son gob****e, the clown from Scotland with his "entourage" and that absolute melt Hughie.

I thought orange hands girl was ok apart from hanging your man out to dry by letting him say yes/no first.

Enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Said th same to my wife... guy was pissed that he wasn't the drama queen of the night.

He was so rude and came across as an absolute dickhead tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I think the Scottish guy was the perfect pairing for your man Hughie. Both insufferable, but were both able to bring each other down a peg or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

the Scottish Guy and Hughie was all a set up, had to be, either that or the Scott copped Hughie was a cream cracker the minute he saw him

the Scottish Guy and Hughie was all a set up, had to be, either that or the Scott copped Hughie was a cream cracker the minute he saw him

I think they knew the Scottish guys personality.
    Even the people I know who really dislike travellers have the ability to tip away with them when they have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

100% that had to be a production/editorial decision.

To quote Ross O Carroll Kelly on Room To Improve: "Reality TV is anything but real"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,625 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

El Sueño wrote: »
    Dear God no. I want normal people, not wannabe "celebrity" muppets.

A few are celeb wannabes on the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

What was that BS about being the 7th son of a 7th son all about even?
    I had never heard of it before but I am sure he would tell everybody he has ever met about it if he's telling the country about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What was that BS about being the 7th son of a 7th son all about even?
    I had never heard of it before but I am sure he would tell everybody he has ever met about it if he's telling the country about it!

If you think that's old folklore nonsense, wait til you hear about how a person gets the "cure of the burn".

You lick the back of a lizard.

Now if we get someone with that on, I'll be impressed.

If you think that's old folklore nonsense, wait til you hear about how a person gets the "cure of the burn".

You lick the back of a lizard.

Now if we get someone with that on, I'll be impressed.

I'm sure the Scottish fella was looking forward to someone licking his lizard....

Hughie was on the 6 o’clock show on VM today, talking about how he could only recently sit down again after having his 2nd Brazilian butt lift job done. It’s rare enough for a bloke to get this procedure. I don’t even like the huge arse look on women so cannot understand why a bloke would want it. He mentioned too that he wanted to get liposuction. Lovely lad but he is going too far with all these operations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hughie was on the 6 o’clock show on VM today, talking about how he could only recently sit down again after having his 2nd Brazilian butt lift job done. It’s rare enough for a bloke to get this procedure. I don’t even like the huge arse look on women so cannot understand why a bloke would want it. He mentioned too that he wanted to get liposuction. Lovely lad but he is going too far with all these operations.

How can he afford all these expensive procedures? What does he work at?.................

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    How can he afford all these expensive procedures? What does he work at?.................

These procedures probably cost around 5 or 10 grand. And they are getting more and more popular, it’s not just Turkey doing them now, you can go to the Baltic’s or Eastern Europe and there are lot of places doing them.
    I was in Istanbul 2 years ago, at first when I saw a fella walking down the street with his head bandaged and visor over his face I didn’t know what it was. After few days it was such a common sight and I knew what it was, mostly hair transplants but some guys and lots of women getting nose jobs. Even on flight home to dublin I counted at least 10 blokes that were still bandaged up.

Yes saw that he is getting a hair transplant also

He and his family had Covid19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Full time celeb traveller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Driveways and roofing

celeb reality blogger influencer etc., he might get freebies for promotion, he must have a made a few bob from BB as he was very popular in his series

Hughie would be a great contestant for Celebs go dating on E4. Tho his profile is probably not big enough in uk to get that gig.

Hughie would be a great contestant for Celebs go dating on E4. Tho his profile is probably not big enough in uk to get that gig.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Only got to catch up with this season now

Delighted for Shane and Avril. They seemed genuinely lovely, and I'd ask him out if he played for the other team :p

Rory from Sligo and last week's gay guys were cringy to watch.

The two girls were a laugh. Ah the oysters :D

Why?

He makes great tv does our Hughie.

He makes great tv does our Hughie.

Don't see the appeal myself seems a very interesting person

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

The gay guys they've had on this season have been pretty filthy in terms of banter.

Sakana wrote: »
    The gay guys they've had on this season have been pretty filthy in terms of banter.

U shud watch Hughie on podge and rodge. He was very mild on first dates compared to it.

• Advertisement

Well.....Ronnie o Sullivan finished the snooker earlier.... looking forward to FD at half 9, anyone else tuning in???

Advertisement