Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

Why would ya get an anchor tattooed on your face?

Drink??? Bravado???? Stupidity???? A bet????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Hahaha I love tattoo guy now after that story. One day I went to de bank machine...

I reallly didn't think they were matched at thes start, hope they go out again now

I know a guy that did similar with an inheritance, sold the house got 140 grand and drank it in 2 years. Started and didn't stop.
    Had a small army of lads helping him spend it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hahaha I love tattoo guy now after that story. One day I went to de bank machine...

I reallly didn't think they were matched at thes start, hope they go out again now

I hope she gives him her bank card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Beard has a lot on his shoulders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Yaaaay !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Great to have a show with no loud gays on it looking for attention and talking pure filth

Jammy bastard..

State of him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Oops!

Jammy bastard..

State of him..

Boxing above his weight there alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Great to have a show with no loud gays on it looking for attention and talking pure filth

A bit obsessed with the old... S - E - X. God, I'm glad I never think of that type of thing, Father.

yzicuEx.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

I didn't think she was all that hot, she was fair but I think if you took away the tats (a big if, to be fair) he was actually better looking, and I don't even like men. I think non Irish women sometimes get kicked up a few notches in the ratings just by virtue of not having to use fake tan!

I think the extra long tables makes it a little bit harder for the people to connect and also makes for less hilarious awkward moments.

Hopefully I won't see Italian guy's smile in my dreams tonight, I need sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Started off thinking the Italian guy was a dick but ended up feeling sorry for him. Glad to see him pouring scorn on the "let's stay friends" nonsense. And of course she let him pay in full when she'd no intention of seeing him again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Kaleb Quick Handshake

Started off thinking the Italian guy was a dick but ended up feeling sorry for him. Glad to see him pouring scorn on the "let's stay friends" nonsense. And of course she let him pay in full when she'd no intention of seeing him again :rolleyes:

In fairness to her she did offer to go halves which is a strong indication of she’s saying no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Hamachi

In fairness to her she did offer to go halves which is a strong indication of she’s saying no

Yeah. It’s never a good sign when the woman insists on going halves.

I don’t think the Italian guy was that bad. He struck me as a slightly lonely, profoundly socially awkward guy. I work in tech and know quite a few engineers like this. Generally decent people, but missing that veneer of social polish that society demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think they did a bad job at matching the Italian guy, she was way to out there for him and she was fairly clear about what she was looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hamachi wrote: »
    Yeah. It’s never a good sign when the woman insists on going halves.

I don’t think the Italian guy was that bad. He struck me as a slightly lonely, profoundly socially awkward guy. I work in tech and know quite a few engineers like this. Generally decent people, but missing that veneer of social polish that society demands.

But that can come across as defensive. It can make for uncomfortable company.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

She didn't seem to try very hard I think, the card wasn't long going back in the wallet. But maybe it was edited that way.

But that can come across as defensive. It can make for uncomfortable company.

For sure. It can be very uncomfortable, until you get used to it. Personally, I like blunt, slightly left of center people like that, but it’s definitely an acquired taste.

I think they were both decent people, just poorly matched. She was lovely, but was clearly looking for a far more mainstream guy, which is totally fine. She should have been matched with a GAA / rugby lad and he with a more unconventional girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anyone think it's pretty outrageous where the woman with the Italian guy said she wanted an alpha male that can work a room? Imagine a guy saying his date was a bit too loud and wanted someone more shy and submissive. There would be outrage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Clue Girl

I think they did a bad job at matching the Italian guy, she was way to out there for him and she was fairly clear about what she was looking for.

Agree. She also had her friends behind him during the date & went in for a chat at half time in the bathroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

" out there " ?

she was a very conventional country girl

• Advertisement

Clue Girl wrote: »
    Agree. She also had her friends behind him during the date & went in for a chat at half time in the bathroom.

what is wrong with wanting an " alpha male " guy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

MattS1 wrote: »
    Anyone think it's pretty outrageous where the woman with the Italian guy said she wanted an alpha male that can work a room? Imagine a guy saying his date was a bit too loud and wanted someone more shy and submissive. There would be outrage..
    she should have found one by now there's plenty of pricks out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Kaleb Quick Handshake

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    she should have found one by now there's plenty of pricks out there.

Plenty of gaa or gym head Doofuses out there ... usually they grow out of them by late 20s

Always goes halves on a first date.

If the woman is interested, you can fix up the second date.

If the woman is not interested, you haven't just been swindled.

Come back next week for more dating tips & tricks.

Mad_maxx wrote: »

For a start, he's a myth because the whole notion of alpha and beta males is an absolute fiction and she's a bit of an idiot for using the term. I think we all know what she meant though. She wants someone as "out there" as herself. That's if we're defining "out there" as someone who won't be afraid to make a fool of himself dancing to the Hucklebuck with her tipsy mother at their massive wedding in some bland midlands hotel, and who'll start his speech with the words "My wife and I..." amid much hilarity and whooping. He'll also use phrases like "happy out" and "happy days" whenever something good happens.

What's wrong with wanting a submissive girl?

" out there " ?

she was a very conventional country girl

And she was very engaging with him.and quite sweet, despite obviously not being attracted to him.

.anon. wrote: »
    For a start, he's a myth because the whole notion of alpha and beta males is an absolute fiction and she's a bit of an idiot for using the term. I think we all know what she meant though. She wants someone as "out there" as herself. That's if we're defining "out there" as someone who won't be afraid to make a fool of himself dancing to the Hucklebuck with her tipsy mother at their massive wedding in some bland midlands hotel, and who'll start his speech with the words "My wife and I..." amid much hilarity and whooping. He'll also use phrases like "happy out" and "happy days" whenever something good happens.

oh i love cynical folk

What's wrong with wanting a submissive girl?

she didnt strike me as submissive , she didnt want to see the guy again and so said No

• Advertisement

:pac:

And she was very engaging with him.and quite sweet, despite obviously not being attracted to him.

That's nearly worse tbh

she didnt strike me as submissive , she didnt want to see the guy again and so said No

No I'm saying it's pretty **** that she can get away with saying that alpha stuff whereas if a guy said something to that affect in reverse, everyone would be going mad

That's nearly worse tbh

So be rude and dismissive like the hairdresser last week?
    Can't win!

No I'm saying it's pretty **** that she can get away with saying that alpha stuff whereas if a guy said something to that affect in reverse, everyone would be going mad

Think you're looking for something to get outraged about, tbh.

So be rude and dismissive like the hairdresser last week?
    Can't win!

No you could just be friendly without being way too cold or the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

That was completely wrong of that girl to say that or the editors to leave it in.The guy said he struggled as a teen I thought we were getting better in this country in terms of mental health

Think you're looking for something to get outraged about, tbh.

Nah. It's just mad that this stuff can still be said when the opposite wouldn't be acceptable.

That was completely wrong of that girl to say that or the editors to leave it in.The guy said he struggled as a teen I thought we were getting better in this country in terms of mental health

I don’t think it was a critique of the guy or meant maliciously. It was just a poorly judged way of saying that she was looking for somebody more extroverted.

I did feel for the Italian guy though. You can sense that he is still trying to shake off a difficult youth.

Nah. It's just mad that this stuff can still be said when the opposite wouldn't be acceptable.

Is that not a contradiction in itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

They matched 3/4. Good going.

Westmeath lady went on a date in Killarney National Park. That's a long way for a day trip, so she must be 'staying over'.

Nice to see Belfast lady and himself are at it too. She was gorgeous, I don't like his tats but he seemed sound out.

Hope the two gay lads find happiness with each other, or with someone else. They look well suited to each other and seem sound out.
    sully123 wrote: »
    I like the way he called BS on the friends thing.

I don't think it's BS. I got the impression she'd be happy to meet him out sometime with mates. The fact that it's not for him because he is so introverted and has such different standards isn't her fault.

I feel sorry for him, I know people like him, but he does have a very original personality that makes life difficult for him.

On a side note, he looks like a Bond villains right-hand man.

• Advertisement

Is that not a contradiction in itself?

Exactly, one is fine to say while the same is not. That's my point?

Exactly, one is fine to say while the same is not. That's my point?

You've missed my point totally but anyway, it's too late to get into debate. Only to say, good show tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Just a quick question, and no specifics... but does anyone here actually know any of the people going on dates on this show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I don't think he was really calling BS on the 'let's be friends' thing, I just think he took her too literally. Most people know that's a euphemism for never seeing each other again, but he was just a bit socially awkward and maybe on the spectrum. I don't think he meant to be mean, but it really made for an awkward end to the date. Really felt for him in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,085 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just a quick question, and no specifics... but does anyone here actually know any of the people going on dates on this show?

I know someone who has been a dater, another person who was included in the credits but not shown on TV dating. Friend of a friend has also been a dater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I know 2 from previous seasons. Haven't spotted anyone I know in this one yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

KevRossi wrote: »

On a side note, he looks like a Bond villains right-hand man.

That's all I kept thinking of :D

His braces reminded me of "jaws" and his demeanor didn't help.

To be fair to her she tried her best with him but he was just too cold.

Thought tattoo guy ruined himself with all the tattoos...neck and face tattoos just wouldn't be for me, but he said his mate was a tattoo artist so he probably doesn't stand out in his circle. .....I thought that date was going to crash and burn but looks like they are having a great time together.

The other two couples were lovely too.

I've known a few in past series. Had been on a date with one of the wans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I know one that's been on earlier in this run, and someone else who will be on in 2 or 3 weeks time, have to keep quiet on those nights :D

I've known a few in past series. Had been on a date with one of the wans.

'Wans'?
    Are you still single by any chance?

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement