Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

First date talking about having sex on the first date.

Now I know I'm old and married and stuff, but DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS, EVERYONE WILL SAY NO TO THAT

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The 19 year old is on mohitos, this won't end well

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

2 years, year and half. You're 19. Christ almighty.

That poor girl had a drink when she arrived and a mohito with the meal, no harm getting a name wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Was this lad Tony on another show?

*** got it, he was on Come Dine with Me

• Advertisement

swine wrote: »
    2 years, year and half. You're 19. Christ almighty.

In her head she's 50

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

FFS Why do people mention their parents dieing on a first date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭blackcard

Clareman wrote: »
    Cameras in the toilets, right I'm never watching RTÉ reality TV again.

Same company made this as the Channel 4 show, exact same format including camera in the toilets, can't blame RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Lucy needs to calm the fcuk down with the whole "You have a twin! And you're only saying this now? WOW BIG BOMBSHELL"

No, no it isn't. The man has a sibling, who once happened to share a womb with him at the same time.

Also, the matricide discussions and breakdowns is all quite.. heavy. To each their own.

The more I watch this the happier I am never to have to have a first date again

If Mrs. Clareman ever decides to leave me I don't think I could cope with a first date

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

FFS Why do people mention their parents dieing on a first date.

Guess it could come up if they asked about your family??

blackcard wrote: »
    Same company made this as the Channel 4 show, exact same format including camera in the toilets, can't blame RTE

Fair enough, I think this is the first live TV I've watched on RTÉ this year, I'm giving my little 1 a bottle at 11

"Guess what? He's ginger!"

This girl is very impressionable. I feel like RTE encourage them to make phone calls in the bathroom.

Ouch.

There's F1 pit stops longer than she took to answer.

Clareman wrote: »
    The more I watch this the happier I am never to have to have a first date again

If Mrs. Clareman ever decides to leave me I don't think I could cope with a first date

Haha, I'm going on two dates this weekend and believe me they're never as wooden in real life as the ones portrayed in this episode. Then again what do I know, I'm a woman who only has first dates to her name lately :pac:

PandaX9 wrote: »
    Haha, I'm going on two dates this weekend and believe me they're never as wooden in real life as the ones portrayed in this episode. Then again what do I know, I'm a woman who only has first dates to her name lately :pac:

Don't talk about sex or dead people and let it go from there :D

They are 23 and 19, F**K OFF

Oh yeah and best of luck, hope your dates don't meet D

swine wrote: »
    There's F1 pit stops longer than she took to answer.

At least she doesn't believe in playing mind games. Crystals, yes - false hope, no :D. Part of me feels like she raced to get the "no!" In there first so she wouldn't have to hear it from him..

• Advertisement

I feel like that episode ended very abruptly. What was the resolution for Shane, I mean Sean and Lucy?

At least she doesn't believe in playing mind games. Crystals, yes - false hope, no :D. Part of me feels like she raced to get the "no!" In there first so she wouldn't have to hear it from him..

I'm trying to imagine 19 year old Clareman having a date go well and feel a "crystal" in her bra, I'd have been ruined for all time, ffs the time I was with a girl who's bra clasped at the front f**ked me up for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Guess it could come up if they asked about your family??

One of them came up in coversation when asked about it, that was fair game. For the bearded guy and Sunita, he just brought it into the conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Crystal girl was far too quick to jump up and say no at the end. I wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was this lad Tony on another show?

*** got it, he was on Come Dine with Me

Was that what he was on, cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Clareman wrote:
    I'm watching this now, 19 and you haven't found love, F**K OFF

Clareman wrote:
    The 19 year old is on mohitos, this won't end well

Clareman wrote:
    They are 23 and 19, F**K OFF

Jesus , bit fixated on their age there , is it news to you that young people go on dates !?..... they seemed like two nice kids to be honest , good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I know it's highly edited but the blonde one on the date with the South African...she really really needs to chill out. She was awful to him!

And the fruit & vege girl....I'm hoping its nerves that caused her to just rattle out her wine bottle order without asking him what he might like. Again highly edited, but she didn't ask him much about himself, he asked about fitness & living abroad and she just answered, that's all we saw anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I know it's highly edited but the blonde one on the date with the South African...she really really needs to chill out. She was awful to him!

Prob why she's single in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

As for Sunita, I'm pretty sure everyone has 'chemistry' with Ethan, that's part of his role!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭thesultan

How did the OFfaly fella and the Waterford woman get on in the end? The hairdresser fella , when I saw him I thought he had NAzi tattoos on his head!!!

Advertisement