Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

How did Dennys ma let him leave the house looking like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Fannty Flutters ..

As they saw in Limerick GOWLBAG !!!

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    what did she say?

Fanny Flutters..

The Master wrote: »
    How did Dennys ma let him leave the house looking like that?

He was neither here nor there. A half dozen different looks slapped together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Her ex got his ex pregnant while they lived together that is rough going. I guess I'm back on board now, hope she gets a date

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Ten Pin wrote: »
    "How far in"

He hardly used a measuring tape while cheating in his partner

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Jesus would she ever drop the airhead culchie act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

ah ,shes disapointed

Awwwwwwww piss off back to London then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

She is bulling!!!!

Reese Witherspoon looked so sad there !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ah Reese witherspoon is gutted

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    ah Reese witherspoon is gutted

Ka Ching !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Brexit Joe!!!!!

Pleeeeeeease say yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

English knob. Dry as ****e

Tip and Wexford to say yes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

He was too stereotypically straight-laced English compared to her more care-free persona.

Ahhhh delighted for these two!

God, it worked!!!

• Advertisement

Ah bless. Your man has lit up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Of everyone on it so far, I REALLY hope that fella finds happiness.

Ooooh Matron....that descended into smut fairly quickly ....

Next week looks promising...

**** it, I'm gonna apply for the next series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He was too stereotypically straight-laced English compared to her more care-free persona.

female version of the " full time mad bastard "

**** it, I'm gonna apply for the next series.
    how will we know its you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

she has a job though.

I would have been on next week but yer wan said she's afraid of good looking people.

I would have been on next week but yer wan said she's afraid of good looking people.
    right user name:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

The English lad should've gone to Specsavers. She was hilarious and gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,852 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    how will we know its you?

He'll wear a bowler hat!

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Next week looks promising...

Is one of the women on next week from last year's shows??? Good looking lady.....she was on a double date with her sister??? If I remember correctly she was paired off with a grand fella ( a stonemason????)
    thought they had hit it Off & were dating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was surprised London lad didn't bite. I quite liked him actually, he was a bit on the toffish side but not overly so and I did like his accent and he had a nice smile. I don't think he liked the tattoo thing - it would kinda put me off as well. She was very nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭chosen1

Is that not "full time mammy to my little angles"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

AllForIt wrote: »
    I was surprised London lad didn't bite. I quite liked him actually, he was a bit on the toffish side but not overly so and I did like his accent and he had a nice smile. I don't think he liked the tattoo thing - it would kinda put me off as well. She was very nice though.

He made a good decision, you could see by her reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

She just didnt get the "fanny flutters", pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Two gay lads seem well matched, should be able to hit it off after COVID. Dublin fella wouldn't be short of a few offers I think, fine looking man.

Blonde Dub was a head melt, she's far too picky, she'll be single for a long time IMO. Denny was a bit of hard work, he dresses like a 22 year old. The jacket was desperate. I thought they were actually well matched.

Tipp gardener and his date were a class pairing, I'd say they'd be very solid together.

Blondie from Wexford was a stunner, she seems like good fun. The Mammy and Creche job are a red flag for me but she'd make some lad very happy. I think English Joe just didn't feel she was 'sophisticated' enough for him, or he's still not over his ex. I loved her reaction to him ditching her, real feisty.

Very good episode overall IMO.

Is one of the women on next week from last year's shows??? Good looking lady.....she was on a double date with her sister??? If I remember correctly she was paired off with a grand fella ( a stonemason????)
    thought they had hit it Off & were dating

Yes, she's from Limerick. She seemed a good laugh. There was a moment when she said she was going to Glastonbury for it's 50th anniversary, he thought she said she was 50. She wasn't impressed. She's cracking looking and a good laugh IMO.

This application form will take a couple of months to fill out.

Just as well the deadline is September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

AllForIt wrote: »

He had a great smile in fairness. It’s great to see a natural smile like that on tv when it’s becoming the norm now to see people with mouths open wider than than the equator with a face full of pristine china horse gnashers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I liked the two gay guys a lot. I thought first that maybe the other guy having kids was going to make it a no but great they both said yes.

Denny and yer wan were head-wrecking. Trying too hard with the "banter" No normal conversation at all. And "fanny flutters"....that was too much for me.

The gardener and the girl from Wexford were lovely. She seems to have just the right personality for him. Delighted they hit it off.

The other girl from Wexford was very pretty and obviously nervous. Awful story about the ex and then rejection from him seemed to upset her a bit. He was a bit of an arse-hole I thought.

I'm seriously thinking of it for next year myself seeing as how they let auld wans on it. Maybe they will match me up with some young lad like Hello 2D....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Wexford girl was gorgeous and great craic. The English lad was gorgeous until he opened his mouth - he just came across as dim and couldn’t keep up with her at all. Gutted for her when he said no, they should bring her back again
    What is it with the whiter than white trainers some of them wear - are they bought brand new for the show or has the Mammy been up all night hammering them with cif?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I liked the two gay guys a lot. I thought first that maybe the other guy having kids was going to make it a no but great they both said yes.

Denny and yer wan were head-wrecking. Trying too hard with the "banter" No normal conversation at all. And "fanny flutters"....that was too much for me.

The gardener and the girl from Wexford were lovely. She seems to have just the right personality for him. Delighted they hit it off.

The other girl from Wexford was very pretty and obviously nervous. Awful story about the ex and then rejection from him seemed to upset her a bit. He was a bit of an arse-hole I thought.

I'm seriously thinking of it for next year myself seeing as how they let auld wans on it. Maybe they will match me up with some young lad like Hello 2D....:D

They'd be lucky to have you Kathleen.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

The Fanny Flutters is a good name for a band though. Ladies and gentlemen - but mostly the ladies - we give you....The Fanny Flutters!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

English guy was like yer man off Derry Girls. An absolute knobhead.

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    Two gay lads seem well matched, should be able to hit it off after COVID. Dublin fella wouldn't be short of a few offers I think, fine looking man.

Blonde Dub was a head melt, she's far too picky, she'll be single for a long time IMO. Denny was a bit of hard work, he dresses like a 22 year old. The jacket was desperate. I thought they were actually well matched.

Tipp gardener and his date were a class pairing, I'd say they'd be very solid together.

Blondie from Wexford was a stunner, she seems like good fun. The Mammy and Creche job are a red flag for me but she'd make some lad very happy. I think English Joe just didn't feel she was 'sophisticated' enough for him, or he's still not over his ex. I loved her reaction to him ditching her, real feisty.

Very good episode overall IMO.

Yes, she's from Limerick. She seemed a good laugh. There was a moment when she said she was going to Glastonbury for it's 50th anniversary, he thought she said she was 50. She wasn't impressed. She's cracking looking and a good laugh IMO.

Yep......I remember the " Glastonbury" date / age thing getting lost in translation......hardly crime of the century but he lost loads of points there. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

The Dublin lad was a good looking guy I thought but the clothes were so bad. Didn't even suit his look. I'm not saying dress like a middle aged square but dress in something that accentuates your appearance. Simple t-shirt and a normal pair of well-fitted jeans and boots(not chelsea boots) would be a good look for him.

I'd never be so lucky, Kitty-Kat.

But on the off chance...

don't forget your purse.
    Always goes halves on a first date.

If the woman is interested, you can fix up the second date.

If the woman is not interested, you haven't just been swindled.

Come back next week for more dating tips & tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Last nights episode was more enjoyable than recent ones. Though it’s not quite the same with the distancing etc! I generally find the episodes full of people in their early twenties bonding as I can’t relate.
    I think the guy from London was a bit of a prick, like he felt he was too good for his date. I don’t think they were a good match, despite her being born in London I didn’t think they had much in common (He was too posh for her and she was to nice for him). She seemed very upset when he said no!
    It was nice to see a gay couple that weren’t off the charts camp/cliche.
    That gardener sharing his story was incredibly brave and I was delighted his date agreed to see him again, I thought she was such a lovely woman.
    I thought the two Dubliners were a good match for each other, I was surprised she didn’t go for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I thought the wan from Enniscorthy presented herself well - it can't be easy to tell the whole country what an ex boyfriend did. Her date was a knob.
    I thought Tipp man and Wexford woman were lovely, fair play to him for telling his story. The poor man his hand was shaking but I can honestly say that I would be a nervous wreck too and would be shaking like that.
    The 2 gay guys were very nice, much nicer than some others who had been on.
    I thought the Dublin woman was annoying, there's often a reason somebody is single at 40 in spite of not being a bad looking woman. The 2 of them would melt each others heads I would say.

I have great admiration for anybody who goes on the show though, even if I was single I could never do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement