Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm kind of surprised the gay date went well in the end. I thought they had an awful start when Jordan asked are you sure you're gay? How did the other guy not walk there and then?
    If that was me, (I'm straight) and if a guy asked me are you sure you're straight/not gay, I would walk right out of there - you don't question someone like that!!

Program wasn't great last night, not really any success on the dates. Makes me kinda glad that I'm married off and don't have to worry about dates except for the rare times meself and himself get a night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

thesultan wrote: »
    How did the OFfaly fella and the Waterford woman get on in the end? QUOTE]

they were the only ones that got on and had a second date.

People are way to picky nowadays, if someone is only 80% what you are looking or at least give them another chance I say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I was surprised this wasn't as bad as some other Irish remakes. Take Me Out for example - a girl on the English version will give some quirky light hearted answer as to why she will or wont pick someone. Her Irish equivalent will say something along the lines of "He has a weird face like, d'ja know what I mean like?"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

People are a bit harsh on the south African guy and the blonde girl. Awkward start, but I thought they got on well and have similar personalities, I thought they were a good match. The two gay lads too, but think the one with the tats took too long to open up and the rathoath guy sort of gave up. I was surprised they didn't want to go on a second date.
    The ginger from offaly and the blonde from Waterford had another date, but I know someone who works with him and she said he's single, so it obviously didn't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Cienciano wrote: »
    The ginger from offaly and the blonde from Waterford had another date, but I know someone who works with him and she said he's single, so it obviously didn't last.

No surprise really, she was well out of his league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »

And because guess what, he's a ginger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

harsh

And because guess what, he's a ginger.

Not at all.

akelly02 wrote: »
    harsh

Well she was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I wouldn't have thought so. It's all based on your personal perception I think they were evenly matched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Well she was

she wasnt exactly sharon stone herself

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

akelly02 wrote: »
    harsh

Not really, he himself commented that his twin's girlfriend was out of his league, which is a bit weird in itself.

I thought they were well suited though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Well she was

why?!! He seemed a very decent, sound guy and hardly ugly! And they got on very well !
    Just because she had blonde hair and a bit of make up on and he was born with red hair, that automatically means to some people (maybe not you of course!) that she is out of his league!!

Certainly nothing very special about her! People automatically assume she called the shots and decided she didnt want to see him again despite him wanting the opposite!

Probably just didnt work out, logistically, considering they live over 150 km from one another and both are probably living at home or they just didnt click!

90% or more of first dates come to nothing! Thats why whoever devised Tinder is a millionaire!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Think that tony fella is craving some frame or z celeb status

Jeez relax. There must be a lot of gingers on here. It had nothing to do with his hair. I just thought she was far better looking than him. Somebody else might think different. It's called an opinion

I don't know if I can take any more of the barman's inane guff.

I haven't got red hair, far from it! But I cant stand the term ginger as its invariably almost always used in a negative sense!

I haven't got red hair, far from it! But I cant stand the term ginger as its invariably almost always used in a negative sense!

Except if you're talking about Ginger Nut biscuits.

Except if you're talking about Ginger Nut biscuits.

ha, I will admit I have a negative opinion of them, ironically!! :D

ha, I will admit I have a negative opinion of them, ironically!! :D

You wouldn't be getting a second date with me so, I can tell you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Its a good programme, thought the Offaly guy and the blonde one he met were the best match last night. The woman who was criticising the South African guy for going to the toilet was daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

The woman who was criticising the South African guy for going to the toilet was daft.

Yeah, I forgot what she works as but she reminds me of so many retail managers, with her crazy control freak look and irrational behaviour. Avoid like the plague. If you left the toilet seat up once in 1992 she'd remind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Its a good programme, thought the Offaly guy and the blonde one he met were the best match last night. The woman who was criticising the South African guy for going to the toilet was daft.

He even tried to keep her easy by giving her a rib before he left!

Then saying nothing serious would happen yet "going for a drink" afterwards :pac:

Ah, lads! You are reading WAY too much into this "bathroom thing"! This programme is so so edited that you havent a clue what is a joke or a flirty slag and what is otherwise! There is a lotof manipulation going on with how the date is portrayed!

Unless she is completely stupid or socially lacking, her being offended by him going to the jacks is a bit silly!

I read it as both him and her having a very dry witty sense of humour and it was just an ongoing bit of flirty banter between them that got a bit boring after a while ! She seemed to be that kind of girl that had that sense of humour and he didnt seem to be too irritated by it!

They seemed to fancy eachother, and neither seemed the overly romantic smitten types nor neither seemed to be too expressive so them going for a drink out of the spotlight of cameras may have seemed like a logical path to actually see if they got on!

Personally I wouldnt be able to be myself on a first date knowing the date is going out on national tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Ah, lads! You are reading WAY too much into this "bathroom thing"! This programme is so so edited that you havent a clue what is a joke or a flirty slag and what is otherwise! There is a lotof manipulation going on with how the date is portrayed!

Unless she is completely stupid or socially lacking, her being offended by him going to the jacks is a bit silly!

I read it as both him and her having a very dry witty sense of humour and it was just an ongoing bit of flirty banter between them that got a bit boring after a while ! She seemed to be that kind of girl that had that sense of humour and he didnt seem to be too irritated by it!

They seemed to fancy eachother, and neither seemed the overly romantic smitten types nor neither seemed to be too expressive so them going for a drink out of the spotlight of cameras may have seemed like a logical path to actually see if they got on!

Personally I wouldnt be able to be myself on a first date knowing the date is going out on national tv!

You know I agree with the overly edited comments but I was more mesmerised by every sentence ending in an exclamation mark :D you seem very excited about the show

To whomever mentioned that the bartender is getting a bit inane; I completely agree. There's something I find very not-genuine(what is the word I'm looking for?) about his interactions with people. It could be a cultural difference, could just be because it's his job and he doesn't actually care about any of these people. Maybe it's the accent.

PandaX9 wrote: »
    You know I agree with the overly edited comments but I was more mesmerised by every sentence ending in an exclamation mark :D you seem very excited about the show

Its just force of habit!!!!! If you don't include an exclamation mark on these sites, a lot of people people strangely interpret your tone as angry or passive aggressive or conversely if you do, you are over excited ! You cant win so I'll choose the latter over the former! My reply was moreso based on my amusement at the posters reading too much into the joke about the toilet break.

Nothing to do with any over exuberation towards the show, trust me! Its a great concept in general but its not that entertaining overall..............!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

Did they update us on what happened next with the saffa and the blond girl? I reckon they enjoyed their cheeky drink and actually had a great night. There was definate chemistry.

Im not good at reading these ive seen too many couples seemingly 'hit it off' on this show only to be completely surprised when one turns around and says 'nah'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Just watched it on player, paused it when there was a shot of the South African guy texting, conversation was like this:

Him: I have a mic on, scared to fart.
    Other: PMSL
    Him: ****. I have the fear!!!

:pac:

I thought his date was nice, she was badly edited, I get her sense of humour, but not everybody does.

Was surprised with Sean and Lucy, thought they suited each other well. He isn't bad looking as he said himself, but he seemed to be a very decent lad.

Maybe the distance along with the jobs and possible lack of money didn't make it work. A 350 km round trip every weekend hits the pocket eventually. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is getting up to go to the toilet when someone at the table is still eating a big no no :confused:

• Advertisement

PandaX9 wrote: »

To whomever mentioned that the bartender is getting a bit inane; I completely agree. There's something I find very not-genuine(what is the word I'm looking for?) about his interactions with people. It could be a cultural difference, could just be because it's his job and he doesn't actually care about any of these people. Maybe it's the accent.

I agree, and actually find him and the other guy a bit patronising. Clearly, the production team think we'll like them, but I can take or leave them.

Advertisement