Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is getting up to go to the toilet when someone at the table is still eating a big no no :confused:

not if you have the sh1ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

glasso wrote: »
    not if you have the sh1ts.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is getting up to go to the toilet when someone at the table is still eating a big no no :confused:

As long as you don't aim directly at the person I can't see a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did any of these actually get together?

(the barman and the lady or the two fellas???)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

amdublin wrote: »
    Did any of these actually get together?

(the barman and the lady or the two fellas???)

Barman and crystal girl went on a date outside the show. They were just on the late late

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Barman and crystal girl went on a date outside the show. They were just on the late late

she just wanted to see his crystal balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

PandaX9 wrote: »
    There's something I find very not-genuine(what is the word I'm looking for?)

disingenuous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Odd episode!
    I'm not getting the hate on gingers but I did find it odd how the blonde reacted to him going the loo. I know the show is edited but that wouldnt still excuse what she said, bit rude really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I don't get why they publicised that, I mean what's the point going on the programme when the first hurdle you have is having to compete with the barman. :)

The oul fella on the LLS last night was funny, looking forward to next weeks show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Red Kev wrote: »
    I don't get why they publicised that, I mean what's the point going on the programme when the first hurdle you have is having to compete with the barman. :)

The oul fella on the LLS last night was funny, looking forward to next weeks show.

eh, well its got people talking more about it, hasn't it! Seems like a good publicity decision?
    Bit of a non story in my book----man and women meet and chat and decide they fancy eachother and end up seeing eachother again! Nothing strange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Just saw the rerun tonight, bloody hell that's car crash stuff (in a good way). The poor lad pouring out his heart to your woman with the crystals and she tears in there with the No!
    I think he genuinely thought she was gonna say yes........ I Dont know what the deal is with the attitude towards people with red hair. That lad Sean was sound, and a good looking bloke too. Why would the colour of his hair matter? Your one on the phone in the jacks to her mate saying he was a "ginger" like it was some sort of disease....... What a clown.
    Like everyone else, I was baffled by that girls reaction to the south African guy going to the toilet????? She needs to watch the show back badly, she'll get a big clue as to why she's still single.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

How many episodes will there be in this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

mystic86 wrote: »
    How many episodes will there be in this season?

One more actual episode, a Fair City Celebrity episode and a Late Late Show special.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

tunguska wrote: »
    Just saw the rerun tonight, bloody hell that's car crash stuff (in a good way). The poor lad pouring out his heart to your woman with the crystals and she tears in there with the No!
    I think he genuinely thought she was gonna say yes........ I Dont know what the deal is with the attitude towards people with red hair. That lad Sean was sound, and a good looking bloke too. Why would the colour of his hair matter? Your one on the phone in the jacks to her mate saying he was a "ginger" like it was some sort of disease....... What a clown.
    Like everyone else, I was baffled by that girls reaction to the south African guy going to the toilet????? She needs to watch the show back badly, she'll get a big clue as to why she's still single.

Anti-gingerism is the last socially acceptable prejudice it would seem

did you not think the outpouring of past hardships a bit much for the first date?
    both of them. as soon as he started saying he wanted to kill himself (post mothers death) I would have been outa there, No thanks Anthony Perkins!
    instead she keeps it on the volley with an exchange of breakdown in her own right!...is this normal now, oh I ws gonna kill myself, ohhh snap, me too!!!
    wow, we're such kindred spirits!

That blonde with the afrikan guy will forever be the best friend with an attitude like that. For all she knew, the chap suffers with nerves and had to go the loo or paint the floor.. what a bitch it thought.

http://http://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/first-dates-contestant-slams-rte-for-lying-about-her-in-the-post-date-summary/544006?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Promoted&utm_campaign=P1+-+10%2F05+-+FIRSTDATES

Seems the shows editors are pretty desperate.

Also it appears all the dates collaborate together afterwards in town which is no surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

http://http://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/first-dates-contestant-slams-rte-for-lying-about-her-in-the-post-date-summary/544006?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Promoted&utm_campaign=P1+-+10%2F05+-+FIRSTDATES

Seems the shows editors are pretty desperate.

Also it appears all the dates collaborate together afterwards in town which is no surprise.
    Producer was on Newstalk this morning looking for people for Season 2 already.

smash wrote: »
    Producer was on Newstalk this morning looking for people for Season 2 already.

When I say desperate I mean desperate for whatever reason that they blatantly lied! There's no doubt the show will be renewed. Extremely cheap to produce and good viewership. Be crazy not to renew it........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

rusty cole wrote: »
    did you not think the outpouring of past hardships a bit much for the first date?
    both of them. as soon as he started saying he wanted to kill himself (post mothers death) I would have been outa there, No thanks Anthony Perkins!
    instead she keeps it on the volley with an exchange of breakdown in her own right!...is this normal now, oh I ws gonna kill myself, ohhh snap, me too!!!
    wow, we're such kindred spirits!

Yeah honestly if it was me and some girl was telling me about her nervous breakdown on the first date I would be excusing myself to go leg it out the bathroom window. I suppose its a matter of timing, that kind of stuff is best left said a good bit down the road, not on the first night. But I do have sympathy for him, he's obviously the kind of lad who wears his heart on his sleeve and opens himself up to being knocked about a bit. Its brave in a way, and really honest, but the way the game is played, that much honesty can freak a lot of people out.

Yeah honestly if it was me and some girl was telling me about her nervous breakdown on the first date I would be excusing myself to go leg it out the bathroom window. I suppose its a matter of timing, that kind of stuff is best left said a good bit down the road, not on the first night. But I do have sympathy for him, he's obviously the kind of lad who wears his heart on his sleeve and opens himself up to being knocked about a bit. Its brave in a way, and really honest, but the way the game is played, that much honesty can freak a lot of people out.

100%, I agree. I'm not saying they're mad or anything but even without cameras, that's a touch much on a first date. I'd be asking myself, are your conversation skills that bad, we had to delve into the deeply personal? can't we keep it light or just wade in a little. Nah people who go there so soon are only attention seekers or genuine hard cases who belong anywhere but on unscripted TV programs, they need council and sympathy, not exploitation.

Also, wasn't it presumptuous to say them two girls spent the night in the George?? was that not kinda sexist or LBTS-ist or something!!!

if in fact they were lying, why did they choose the George?? why not even, the local!

• Advertisement

On the date the girls said the laughing hyena of the two was bringing the subdued one to The George.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

I am so excited

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

PandaX9 wrote: »
    I am so excited
    Me too !

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Ah bless him!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,385 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did we have any weather this year that warranted a man wearing a scarf, I don't recall?

Sarah = ride
    Brian= Dick

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Ah bless him!

I know this guy. This is complete lies. He is a COMPLETE player

This may or may not be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Sarah would get it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I know this guy. This is complete lies. He is a COMPLETE player

This may or may not be true.

Hahaha!

• Advertisement

Her accent...F##k off....and what a tattoo ! Cool...

Advertisement