Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

pgj2015 wrote: »
    do any of ye think brian is good looking? I wouldn't have thought so myself but i'm into women. just wondering why he was so cocky.

Going off looks alone I thought he was a complete mismatch for Sarah. She was in a completely different league to him. I think she knew this and so did he so he over compensated with his personality, which I couldn't see being attractive to girls. Especially when sober.

But going back to looks alone, I think his facial hair looked more hobo than designer and I think he really needs to get that tooth fixed.

On a side note, does anyone know what he does? Or did the conversation end when he talking about not knowing what to do with his life and not wanting to settle in a job that doesn't make him happy? Which really just equates to "I live at home and I'm a bit of a bum. I've probably dropped out of 3 or 4 college courses now."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Ah now, he was an attractive guy. Not Alain Delon, but not Quasimodo either. He was reasonably handsome, but the way his personality was shown left a lot to be desired. I wouldn't say she was out of his league or anything, she was pretty and has focus, but I know many girls who would be about the same. I think they were both attractive, normal people who got on well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fantastic figure but with hair extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tan and lashings of makeup. Would like to see her "au natural".

I'd say she'd still be in the top 5% looks wise in ireland. Pity she had a painful personality.the sort of girl that would be great for a short fling but a complete nutcase in a relationship.I also got the feeling she felt she thoight she was too good for the Irish after all her travelling.

smash wrote: »
    I don't think Rebecca was really in to Gareth because of the kids thing, and I didn't think he was particularly in to her either but then at the end he didn't even give her a choice about a next date and just answered for them both and said "Yea, we're going to see each other again!".

Brian and Sarah were painful to watch. Him holding her hand was so uncomfortable looking! Both of them were a few sandwiches short of a picnic despite how intelligent they thought they were!

yes bang on, defo both stupid!! the loreal generation, because we're worth it.
    The lad was a tool and she was nothing you wouldn't pick up at the end of the night in town, you could see the half cut walk on her too.

she looked nice at the start but you could see in the cold light of day, she's attractive at best. be honest, going on TV will do a lot for your sex appeal and the effort to which you'll go to, in order to look the part. very few women look bad going out on a saturday night, take a look at the same girl on the school run or going the gym or requiring less glamour and slap, then you'll crack the natural beauties I think.

Personally I thought the lad from Navan and the blonde were sheer brilliance.
    he had a very natural self deprecating way about him with a hint of tom hanks type humour, very nice guy. she was also lovely in a perfect for him type of way and she was very attractive with it, I think these type of matches make the show, with the occasional car crash Big brother reject highlight reel gang!!!
    AKA " I'm a rider, I'm werking on my novel, eeoow you're so bad ass".....;)

do any of ye think brian is good looking? I wouldn't have thought so myself but i'm into women. just wondering why he was so cocky.

he's not remotely in her league. He was trying to be cocky but by the end he was fawning over his date in an unattractive needy way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Claire_72

I missed it last night, must catch up on the player tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Fantastic figure but with hair extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tan and lashings of makeup. Would like to see her "au natural".
    glasso wrote: »
    she's very hot and extremely sexy. makeup etc. or not. best looker on the show by a mile so far.

It's so true. Fake tan and eyelashes are the new Wonderbra! Especially eyelashes they literally change a woman's face completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

he's not remotely in her league. He was trying to be cocky but by the end he was fawning over his date in an unattractive needy way.

There's no such thing as leagues ffs. We're not living in an American Disney Channel show.

There's no such thing as leagues ffs. We're not living in an American Disney Channel show.

ok, he'd be seriously punching above his weight - is that an ok way to put it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

He was trying to be cocky but by the end he was fawning over his date in an unattractive needy way.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I didn't think Brian was good looking at all, and the tooth compared to the other grey teeth was so distracting, then he morphed into a total cringefest.
    I'm all for confidence but don't overplay your hand.
    I wasn't too entertained last night, I hope it picks up again next week.

Watching it again is even more uncomfortable. His staring... and touching... I even feel like I need a shower after that.

Watching it again is even more uncomfortable. His staring... and touching... I even feel like I need a shower after that.

David Brent on a date.

David Brent on a date.
    David Brent after reading a book on pick-up artistry.

I'm a teacher... Oh no you're not!
    I have a twin... Oh no you don't!

Good lad. Just keep making her have to validate her statements and reassure herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

she's very hot and extremely sexy. makeup etc. or not. best looker on the show by a mile so far.

Best looking yes. But Scouse Ciara was better overall IMO, gorgeous accent and the way she might look at ya as well.

That Brian lad was creepy, he kissed her twice, once when he met he first at the bar and then again in the interview. Both times he pulled her into him, almost a bit roughly. Odd and creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

David Brent after reading a book on pick-up artistry.

I'm a teacher... Oh no you're not!
    I have a twin... Oh no you don't!

Good lad. Just keep making her have to validate her statements and reassure herself.

It made her laugh, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

If a League Two player was suddenly asked to play in the Premier League, they'd soon find they were out of their "league" or out of their depth.

To be fair to the lad he tried hard, can't blame a guy for trying.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Best looking yes. But Scouse Ciara was better overall IMO, gorgeous accent and the way she might look at ya as well.

Sarah wasn't caked in make up and fake tan in her pre-date interviews and she was still cracking looking. Ciara was good looking but she had bad skin which you could see under the makeup so it's Sarah for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Nermal

Can't imagine how anyone could consider someone with a brown front tooth good-looking. The chompers on show in this programme are very off-putting sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Not as car crashy as previous weeks but it had its moments. The who eats 20 eggs a day seemed sound and the girl he was on the date with was nice too. The two girls on the date seemed to be hitting it off but then the old, let's see each other again......... As friends. I don't get this. Just be honest and say, there's nothing there in terns of chemistry so let's leave it at that. No need for the BS.
    Brian and Sarah........ Mother of holy jaysus he's an eejit. He's not confident at all. He was overcompensating to beat the band, it was terrible to watch. He's like a lad who's read way too many Neil Strauss books and no longer knows how to talk to a woman as a normal human being. The irony is if he had just been himself and dropped the act he'd have got somewhere. Although I've met Sarah in the real world and someone said a few posts back that she'd be great for a fling but not a relationship on the account of being a nightmare....... Nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

smurgen wrote: »
    I'd say she'd still be in the top 5% looks wise in ireland. Pity she had a painful personality.the sort of girl that would be great for a short fling but a complete nutcase in a relationship.I also got the feeling she felt she thoight she was too good for the Irish after all her travelling.

+1
    This was exactly the opinion I got of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If a League Two player was suddenly asked to play in the Premier League, they'd soon find they were out of their "league" or out of their depth.

To be fair to the lad he tried hard, can't blame a guy for trying.

For goodness sake, what a wierd and out of sort analogy!! How do you mean out of their depth. Is the guy not going to be capable to keep her happy, will she not be attracted to him, will he be paronoid she will dump him just because a stereotypical hunk passes by!
    Im not having a go at you personally, and trust me, i have no self confidence issues myself but a few people have made this comment and it smacks of someone who wouldnt fancy their chances because a girl is good looking!

This "league" thing is silly! Especially if you are going by looks and you havent a clue how she looks under layers of make up and fake tan! Not that that matters!

If you are going by that logic a half witted but stunning girl meets a sound, intelligent but not that attractive guy. Which of them is out ot of the others league?

For goodness sake, what a wierd and out of sort analogy!! How do you mean out of their depth. Is the guy not going to be capable to keep her happy, will she not be attracted to him, will he be paronoid she will dump him just because a stereotypical hunk passes by!
    Im not having a go at you personally, and trust me, i have no self confidence issues myself but a few people have made this comment and it smacks of someone who wouldnt fancy their chances because a girl is good looking!

This "league" thing is silly! Especially if you are going by looks and you havent a clue how she looks under layers of make up and fake tan! Not that that matters!

If you are going by that logic a half witted but stunning girl meets a sound, intelligent but not that attractive guy. Which of them is out ot of the others league?

it's just an experession ffs. no need to read too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Red Kev wrote: »

That Brian lad was creepy, he kissed her twice, once when he met he first at the bar and then again in the interview. Both times he pulled her into him, almost a bit roughly. Odd and creepy.

I their that the scouse was much better too, could be her personality adding to it.

I bought the blonde girl with the Marilyn Monroe look was a complete stunner who was miles ahead of the generic long legs dark hair Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

it's just an experession ffs. no need to read too much into it.

Well he made the expression and then used an absolutely odd analogy!!

He clearly had a thought behind the expression, given the conversation! I'm merely asking him what is it?

Fair enough though if thats how you want to respond on behalf of him/her..............intelligent debate!! :D:D;)

Didn't someone say those exact words here last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brian and Sarah were perfect for each other, two arrogant obnoxious tools imho

Advertisement