Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Didn't someone say those exact words here last night?

Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Brian and Sarah were perfect for each other, two arrogant obnoxious tools imho

Like Ross and Sorcha, Dan and Becs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Well he made the expression and then used an absolutely odd analogy!!

He clearly had a thought behind the expression, given the conversation! I'm merely asking him what is it?

Fair enough though if thats how you want to respond on behalf of him/her..............intelligent debate!! :D:D;)

Do you understand the concept of an "expression".

I didn't make it up or invent it. Its a commonly used term.

If you don't like it, fine. I will use others instead. He was chancing his arm, trying to punch above his weight, way out of his depth, swimming in the deep end, etc etc. These are all expressions, none of them invented by me.

The point is he hadn't a hope! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If you don't like it, fine. I will use others instead. He was chancing his arm, trying to punch above his weight, way out of his depth, swimming in the deep end, etc etc. These are all expressions, none of them invented by me.

And I was merely asking you why he doesnt have a chance because you used it to relate to these particular two!! Thats all!
    I get that the expression is used often,I was just asking you why you chose to use it regarding these two!
    Was hardly an unfair question!! Yet you answer it again using further "expressions" which doesn't answer my query really!

You don't have to answer of course,no obligation, I just thought you may like to, but clearly not! so lets just leave it there!!

Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

ted1 wrote: »
    I bought the blonde girl with the Marilyn Monroe look was a complete stunner who was miles ahead of the generic long legs dark hair Sarah

Preach!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Nah he wasn't punching above his weight at all. Nobody is. He was just being an eejit and trying too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this already. What was Sarah doing in the toilets?? She came out of the cubicle and checked her nose and gave it a quick brush-off. Then she did that weird posing thing! Did no one else notice this?! Was she on more than alcohol?

Ruby31 wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this already. What was Sarah doing in the toilets?? She came out of the cubicle and checked her nose and gave it a quick brush-off. Then she did that weird posing thing! Did no one else notice this?! Was she on more than alcohol?

doubt she'd be on coke on tv. probably just dug out a bogey in the cubicle and wanted to make sure she'd fully removed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Looked to me like she was just patting around her nostrils, foundation can get oily and shiny around there and that can help mattify it without moving around and spreading the oils.. Quick fix when you don't have powder handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Its that thing girls on instagram do, pout and pose. Make that ridiculous looking duck face and then flash the peace sign. Only she was doing it by herself......into the jacks mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've just caught up on the first two episodes. It's good, but at the same time, holy Jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

tunguska wrote: »
    Not as car crashy as previous weeks but it had its moments. The who eats 20 eggs a day seemed sound and the girl he was on the date with was nice too. The two girls on the date seemed to be hitting it off but then the old, let's see each other again......... As friends. I don't get this. Just be honest and say, there's nothing there in terns of chemistry so let's leave it at that. No need for the BS.

Actually the Cork girl was even blunter than that. She said there was nothing there sexually. I think the other girl was slightly disappointed to be honest but at that point all you can do is agree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Brian and Sarah were perfect for each other, two arrogant obnoxious tools imho

Just watched this one, tool agus tool eile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Just watched this one, tool agus tool eile.

Absolute plonkers, the both of em, sarahs duck lips peace sign in the mirror spoke a thousand words, And that word is 'plonker' x1000, let that be a lesson any of you duck lip posers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

ted1 wrote: »
    I their that the scouse was much better too, could be her personality adding to it.

I bought the blonde girl with the Marilyn Monroe look was a complete stunner who was miles ahead of the generic long legs dark hair Sarah

Your one Sarah is a lasher.She's very far from generic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

She is a very good looking girl in the eyes of a lot of guys from what we can see taking into account all the makeup, no doubt about it, but the way people are going on, she is gods gift!!

sarah.jpg

As someone put it, on a Saturday night, lets say for argument sake in The Black Door, you would see dozens of girls in a figure hugging dress and an attractive face where you have the same reaction! Therefore, in that respect, she is is generic! I assume thats what the poster meant!

Generic is probably not the right simile, I can't think of one tbh right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Ireland is full of women who look like sarah, she is pretty but you will see lots of women who look like her and better looking women on any saturday night in any town or city in Ireland, shes hardly rosanna davidson like.

Lads, honestly who cares about Sarah? Was she hot? Yes. The hottest that's been on the show so far in my opinion. That doesn't mean that she's the hottest girl in Ireland or that there's not a lot of girls that look like her.

Wonder how good it will be tonight

PandaX9 wrote: »
    Wonder how good it will be tonight

Well Diya walked in dressed as a shuttlecock to meet a 30 odd year old mammys boy... So we'll see.

• Advertisement

Brilliant :D

Tony is an absolute dote. I hope they get on well, funny fecker

Calling his mum at the table.. Bit weird. I would be creeped out by someone trying to show me how much their parents loved them or whatever the reasoning was.

PandaX9 wrote: »
    Brilliant :D

Tony is an absolute dote. I hope they get on well, funny fecker

Haha he's gas

• Registered Users Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

smash wrote: »
    Well Diya walked in dressed as a shuttlecock to meet a 30 odd year old mammys boy... So we'll see.

I nearly choked laughing at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I wish Ethan would get off my screen, and promptly vacate the Earth.

Getting pissed off with the staff acting like love gurus.

Omfg, he called his mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

"Cant believe I called my mam on a date"
    Did he not state at the beginning that he would probably call his mam?

What? She didn't take a pic of the bill?

smash wrote: »
    Getting pissed off with the staff acting like love gurus.

Omfg, he called his mammy!

Yes, Ethan's idea of profound love wisdom was quoting Woody Allen. Aka the man who also married his own daughter.

Note to self; never ask Ethan for love advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Jesus that girl was special

Advertisement