Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Idbatterim View Post
    Barry?
    Yeah, the guy even won hero of the week once

http://www.her.ie/life/her-hero-of-t...-uniform/83249

Also, apparently a talented boxer who represented Ireland (and won) in some sort of international police boxing competition. Wtf?
    Taking off over on reddit..

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

myshirt wrote:
    Also, apparently a talented boxer who represented Ireland (and won) in some sort of international police boxing competition. Wtf? Taking off over on reddit..

Knew he seemed familiar

myshirt wrote: »
    Yeah, the guy even won hero of the week once

http://www.her.ie/life/her-hero-of-the-week-is-dedicated-to-the-men-in-uniform/83249

Also, apparently a talented boxer who represented Ireland (and won) in some sort of international police boxing competition. Wtf?
    Taking off over on reddit..

what's taking off on reddit? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I thought that Garda was a cracking lad.

Yerone had too high notions of herself, on a high horse. With a fanny on her I'd say no better than a torn slipper, it's his win, her loss.

Maybe you should get in touch if he's your type so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Nermal

Yerone had too high notions of herself, on a high horse. With a fanny on her I'd say no better than a torn slipper, it's his win, her loss.

Some grade-A misogyny there. She was out of his league looks-wise and he was a bit of a bore, so it was hardly a surprise. Did she turn you down too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Nermal wrote: »
    Some grade-A misogyny there. She was out of his league looks-wise and he was a bit of a bore, so it was hardly a surprise. Did she turn you down too?

Ha don't start with the "out of his league" cr@p! You'll have 2 pages of bickering :D:D Believe it or not he was hardly unattractive, solid job, fit, sound and friendly! She was very good looking but again nothing WOW!

To be fair to her, I didn't think she came across as having notions of herself or being on a high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

To be fair to her, I didn't think she came across as having notions of herself or being on a high horse.
    no either did I...

watched this morning after missing it last night (out being a culture vulture watching yer man Hans zimmer in douwl O" arena)

I saw some of this on demand having me brekkie.

First off that tall "Plus size model" was a normal girl with savage knockers. The legs on her, if that's plus size sure sinead desmond and the seoige sisters would be fine FAT young wans as any ma would say. she was nice too, trying abit hard to look intense and deeply interested even in his breathing, other than that, good match, two nice people, two nicer breasts but not much to see here people, move swifty along....

To the ryan tubridy/Cumberbatch and straight gay man table. so far the Male Gay couples had been dramatic and theatrical but these two were very good. I suppose you hear so many contemporaries now call "me ma" Loike My MOM", you eventually have to accept that's how Gen Y speak, but that was the most annoying thing really.
    Both of them were very dry but with good senses of humour, not really camp but the Gay coming of age and coming out stories were very funny. Just two nice lads, in fact they came off less gay than the afformentioned Tubridy!!

both those couples were coolio I thought.

I was just leaving and saw the Garda lad, jasus yer wans a little cracker, though she also seemed a little crackers!! perhaps they should get on, cos he also seemed as rigid and dry as a cracker!! of the cream variety.

alos isn't a financier a small French cake????;)

This guy is obviously a friend, relation or someone who loves Barry the boring guard dearly. Check his other posts where he has seems to know a lot about him.

She was out of his league a bit but that backtrack burn at the end is what is memorable, not her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭pgj2015

the Guards date was the best looking woman of the series.

Barry " I might have 5 or 6 cups of tea a day, thats a lot of action"

pgj2015 wrote: »
    the Guards date was the best looking woman of the series.

Barry " I might have 5 or 6 cups of tea a day, thats a lot of action"

yeah I thought in order, yer wan from limerick big bewbs +size model was the most attractive, then yer wan that spurned an Garda!!

that mad one in Ep 1 was a roide, mad as a bag of hammers but on looks alone easily the best looking of the series. for sheer attractiveness, that one from last nite!! did I mention her Bewbs???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

With a fanny on her I'd say no better than a torn slipper

Wtf does that even mean???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Wtf does that even mean???

your username would probably give you the answer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

stephenl15 wrote: »

Hahahahahahahaha

In fairness the poster who said that has absolutely no basis for his claim

stephenl15 wrote: »

well played on that one.

Hahahahahahahaha

In fairness the poster who said that has absolutely no basis for his claim

Maybe he's also a financier and they met socially and got jiggy with it and he was unimpressed with the fit*

*unlikely to be true

I agree, it's still a stupid comment. like something a smug eejit says to a nice girl because she spurned his shyte attempt at witty banter!!

she was tight as I could see ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

In which case it'd obviously because she had a wizard's sleeve and not because his cocktail sausage was lost in the hot dog bun.

It's always sad when a great thread like this on what was a great show is defaced with utter shlte comments like this.

It's the kind of crap that you'd expect from a 14 year old trying to impress his mates and making up for his own inadequacies in life.

Red Kev wrote: »
    It's always sad when a great thread like this on what was a great show is defaced with utter shlte comments like this.

It's the kind of crap that you'd expect from a 14 year old trying to impress his mates and making up for his own inadequacies in life.

You're right. I'm sorry.

I was addressing glasso's post so you should include that too.

• Advertisement

You're right. I'm sorry.

I was addressing glasso's post so you should include that too.

leave me out of this. you went a bit more explicit it has to be said. that's your choice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

glasso wrote: »
    This guy is obviously a friend, relation or someone who loves Barry the boring guard dearly. Check his other posts where he has seems to know a lot about him.

She was out of his league a bit but that backtrack burn at the end is what is memorable, not her.

Yea I have to say the backtrack was cringe worthy, you've already said you like her and you would like a 2nd date, far better to just shrug it off and go "ah well, plenty more out there" he did look quite embarrassed about it.

I thought she was good looking but her style of conversation would have had me running 10 miles.

I thought she was good looking but her style of conversation would have had me running 10 miles.

I agree. Decent looking but she came across as annoying.

there was a few like that in this one, quite a large miss rate on the irish one as opposed to hits!!
    I wouldn't watch "reality" TV or unscripted stuff as it were, but this is good because in general they don't come across as pure wanting to be TV stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I find it disappointing that participants in the show are so quickly dismissive of their dates.
    Surely if they get on well, a second date, in an easier going environment, is deserved.
    The desire for instant attraction is foolish I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Addle wrote: »
    I find it disappointing that participants in the show are so quickly dismissive of their dates.
    Surely if they get on well, a second date, in an easier going environment, is deserved.

Each to their own. If they don't fancy them, then they don't fancy them!

I still don't know why people actually go on this show.
    The selective editing is a killer I would say.

I don't really think that that is any different to real life though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

That's not something specific to this show, I think Film and TV have brainwashed people into expecting there to be rainbows and butterfly's every time they meet a member of the opposite sex when that's just not realistic. Online dating has also led to a "grass is greener" attitude, where if that "spark" isn't there your next date is but a tinder swipe away.

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    Each to their own. If they don't fancy them, then they don't fancy them!

true, just because someone is "nice" doesn't mean that you should go on a second date.
    maybe the tv aspect and the format of actually being put on the spot with the banal and unseen whispery-voiced delivery of "so.... would you like to see each other again?" works against things.

Advertisement