Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I don't really think that that is any different to real life though.
    That's not something specific to this show, I think Film and TV have brainwashed people into expecting there to be rainbows and butterfly's every time they meet a member of the opposite sex when that's just not realistic. Online dating has also led to a "grass is greener" attitude, where if that "spark" isn't there your next date is but a tinder swipe away.

No wonder so many are single so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Addle wrote: »
    No wonder so many are single so.

It doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong though.

We see a snippet of their interactions. The majority that genuinely seemed to get on really well together seemed to meet up away from the cameras.

There were others where they seemed to get on and the couple said they got on but (a) we only see a certain amount...we don't see any awkward silences and (b) they might want to offset the 'No thanks' by saying they had a really good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I was thinking that I recognised the guard from somewhere and it struck me today that he's actually in numerous Irish Water protest videos online so he's obviously stationed around Tallaght I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

thelad95 wrote: »
    I was thinking that I recognised the guard from somewhere and it struck me today that he's actually in numerous Irish Water protest videos online so he's obviously stationed around Tallaght I reckon.

So?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Katie was definitely hotter than Sarah. Don't know how she's single!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

smash wrote:
    Katie was definitely hotter than Sarah. Don't know how she's single!

Because she's as thick as shiiite

I didn't think so. A bit mad but good craic I'd say.

Why exactly?

Why exactly?

She came across as very ditzy. Do you have a little police car?

That's the example you give to back it up?

Right so, Ted.

• Advertisement

She was slagging him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Yeh that Katie bird was hot alright. But alice the waitress is just perfect. Love her.

funtime93 wrote:
    Yeh that Katie bird was hot alright. But alice the waitress is just perfect. Love her.

You must be on drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

You must be on drugs

Not really. Alice has such a gorgeous little face, friendly smile, seems really genuine and isnt layered with makeup. boobs, bronzed face, tight little dress and mascara arent everything to most people!

I'd definitely be more attracted to the waitress than most of the so called "stunners" on the show.

She has an extremely natural understated look to her.

alice.jpg?mtime=20160527074353

I'd definitely be more attracted to the waitress than most of the so called "stunners" on the show.....

The waitress is gorgeous imo.
    Presumably I'm watching a repeat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jake Stiles

Yea I have to say the backtrack was cringe worthy, you've already said you like her and you would like a 2nd date, far better to just shrug it off and go "ah well, plenty more out there" he did look quite embarrassed about it.

I thought she was good looking but her style of conversation would have had me running 10 miles.

I think when she knew there was no chance of a second date, she could have answered before him, so as to not make him look like a fool.

But...it was good TV!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I think when she knew there was no chance of a second date, she could have answered before him, so as to not make him look like a fool.

But...it was good TV!!

Yeah what was she at with the 'gentleman goes first....gentleman gentleman gentleman...' And then, oh you want to see me again, yeah I don't'

Yeah what was she at with the 'gentleman goes first....gentleman gentleman gentleman...' And then, oh you want to see me again, yeah I don't'

"I'd prefer the gent to go first".... in this context why - makes no sense.
    A la carte gentlemanism-card shyte gets my goat!

Maybe she'd hoped he didn't think another date was in the offing and then there wouldn't be an issue.

Or maybe she's just a monster.

Maybe she'd hoped he didn't think another date was in the offing and then there wouldn't be an issue.

Or maybe she's just a monster.

probably didn't want to be the one to say no.
    but in the end it worked out way worse for the n'yard.
    given the fact that it was obv that he was keen she should have known he was going to say yes so she effectively set him up! (unintentional or not).
    his cringe backtrack was unfortunate but understandable on the spur-of-the-moment I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The guy from West Cork was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Will series one be repeated soon? I missed the first 3 shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭pgj2015

mikeym wrote: »
    Will series one be repeated soon? I missed the first 3 shows.

I would say they are all on rte player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Sweet baby jebus but that speech therapist girl was totally annoying.
    I punch myself in the throat if I was on a date with her.
    Her "I'm soooooooo mad and great craic" would send me over the edge :D

I liked the guard (he was a bit dull) but his date, even though ditzy was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Sweet baby jebus but that speech therapist girl was totally annoying.
    I punch myself in the throat if I was on a date with her.
    Her "I'm soooooooo mad and great craic" would send me over the edge :D

I liked the guard (he was a bit dull) but his date, even though ditzy was fun.

''I JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD MENTION I DO POLE DANCING'' said every girl who does pole fitness, ever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've never watched this, but series 2 is filming at the end of August ... and I've applied to be on it as a "background dater". (They're taking "featured dater" applications too ... not for me, thanks.) If selected, I'll be set up on a blind date and be there one night, but not be featured. Hey, it's a free dinner ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

bnt wrote: »
    I've never watched this, but series 2 is filming at the end of August ... and I've applied to be on it as a "background dater". (They're taking "featured dater" applications too ... not for me, thanks.) If selected, I'll be set up on a blind date and be there one night, but not be featured. Hey, it's a free dinner ... :cool:

It's not a free dinner. I know one of the contestants and he had to pay for it.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Well, I can afford it, but that's seriously cheapskate for a prime time show, isn't it? :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

bnt wrote: »
    SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Well, I can afford it, but that's seriously cheapskate for a prime time show, isn't it? :rolleyes:

I think part of the show is figuring out who pays for the meal. Nothing funnier than a lad thinking he's on to a good thing so he pays a big wedge for the meal only for the girl to turn around at the end and say "I see us more as friends".

• Advertisement

I think part of the show is figuring out who pays for the meal. Nothing funnier than a lad thinking he's on to a good thing so he pays a big wedge for the meal only for the girl to turn around at the end and say "I see us more as friends".
    OK, but that would only apply the featured diners, not the background diners whose dinners are not recorded or broadcast. I have a hard time believing that the featured diners are not compensated in some form, for embarrassing themselves on TV ..?

Advertisement