Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

bnt wrote: »
    OK, but that would only apply the featured diners, not the background diners whose dinners are not recorded or broadcast.

Yes they are. You'll be in the background of the shots with the odd close up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    It's not a free dinner. I know one of the contestants and he had to pay for it.
    Well, I can afford it, but that's seriously cheapskate for a prime time show, isn't it? :rolleyes:
    I think part of the show is figuring out who pays for the meal. Nothing funnier than a lad thinking he's on to a good thing so he pays a big wedge for the meal only for the girl to turn around at the end and say "I see us more as friends".
    OK, but that would only apply the featured diners, not the background diners whose dinners are not recorded or broadcast. I have a hard time believing that the featured diners are not compensated in some form, for embarrassing themselves on TV ..?

Well if this is correct it finally explains why prime time tv in Ireland is such a load of crap. According to these posts tv production companies effectively expect the Talent to feed themselves during a day of filming. Even the Extras. This is cheapness taken to the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 megannn

I was a background dater for the first season, you get €25 euro each towards to meal which is nothing as a simple burger and chips comes to €20 each alone.... it was a good experience but ended up on a date with a fella who did it as a favour for one of the producers and couldn't have wanted to be there any less.. which makes for a painful two hours you've to film for......

megannn wrote: »
    I was a background dater for the first season, you get €25 euro each towards to meal which is nothing as a simple burger and chips comes to €20 each alone.... it was a good experience but ended up on a date with a fella who did it as a favour for one of the producers and couldn't have wanted to be there any less.. which makes for a painful two hours you've to film for......
    Did the love guru maitre d not offer him some pearls of wisdom? Or the all knowing barman? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

DubTony wrote: »
    Well if this is correct it finally explains why prime time tv in Ireland is such a load of crap. According to these posts tv production companies effectively expect the Talent to feed themselves during a day of filming. Even the Extras. This is cheapness taken to the limit.

Talent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Talent?
    That's the word they use. I suspect there's an element of irony in there somewhere.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

megannn wrote: »
    Well, if you want to try again, there's still time to apply, and you might get matched up with another Boardsie ... :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

i'm confused, why would ye expect they pay for your meal for a reality show

wp_rathead wrote: »

Because you're the content of their show.

They should at least cover any expenses you incur solely by being on the program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

smash wrote: »
    Because you're the content of their show.
    They should at least cover any expenses you incur solely by being on the program.

don't agree
    you're voluntarily going on a date and giving permission for it to be filmed

it's not like you are an extra/actor- in which case I would totally agree should be paid

it's not like you are an extra/actor- in which case I would totally agree should be paid
    That's weird, because that's exactly the impression I got from the description - that being a background diner is comparable to being an extra in a TV production. You're on camera in a non-speaking role, basically being there to make the set look like a busy restaurant. Anyway, I have confirmation that they will be providing €25 cash to at least partly cover the cost. They're filming next weekend, I'll report back on how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,251 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

E4 showing this now as First Dates Abroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    E4 showing this now as First Dates Abroad

The Brexit Effect kicking in. Anywhere outside The UK is simply "Abroad"

As it turned out, I won't be on the show: I was told that my date didn't show up, so out the door I went. That was probably code for "you're too old and/or ugly for our TV show", which was fine by me.

As it turned out, I won't be on the show: I was told that my date didn't show up, so out the door I went. That was probably code for "you're too old and/or ugly for our TV show", which was fine by me.

No you were too cool so f*ck them their loss ;)

Luminious wrote: »
    First Dates Ireland starts Thursday 19th January on RTE2 at 9:30pm

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bump (unless there is another thread )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

Oh that top doesn't suit norn iron at all, you're not going to the gym luv

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Conor is quite attractive but he seems a bit droll.

• Advertisement

She has trouble understanding a dub accent so says Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Oh that top doesn't suit norn iron at all, you're not going to the gym luv

At least she has the body for it, it's worse when young ones wear that with muffin tops on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'm sure they're all lovely people, but here I am - sitting in on a Thursday slagging them over everything they say while I gorge on takeaway. I love my life.

This lad is only on here to promote his new film Manchester by the Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Christ

"Are you a 100% Irish" oh dear lord

'Do you mind me asking, are you 100% Irish?' :D

I'm NOT liking the second Conor at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

I'm sure they're all lovely people, but here I am - sitting in on a Thursday slagging them over everything they say while I gorge on takeaway. I love my life.

Same as that..Mr Perfect here...single to boot !! Ha..

• Advertisement

"What's your favourite book?"

"There was deaf mute who lived in Greece back in the 1700's who wrote a really gorgeous interpretation of what life was like back then for not just a woman, but a disadvantaged woman who life seemed to pass by. She never had it published, and I actually found the only copy of it which I promptly destroyed after reading because it was TOO beautiful... "

"OH MY GOD ME TOO!"

Advertisement