Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Black gay bearded guy....Full of it....40 year old man,,, walk on by, you deserve better,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I actually shrieked out loud there! omg can't believe he just went in for the kill there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jaysus the Portuguese fella is a bit forward lol. Full tongue rammed down throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

amdublin wrote: »
    I actually shrieked out loud there! omg can't believe he just went in for the kill there

Jaysus if I did that I'd be up for assault..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Never saw a lad into himself as much as the black haired gay guy. Look at my muscles, look at my tattoos, look at my lovely clothes. You say first cause I know you're into me and I'll take that ego boost. Feck off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭queueeye

Timmie, you can't buy class you langer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Your man totally gave the other fella the impression he'd say yes - smiling and "you go first"

Oh well, the red haired guy has his dignity,

And tbh I don't think the black haired fella was smart enough for him anyway - not knowing that airbus was a plane when he said he worked with airplanes!!!!! :eek: Thinking he meant an air coach!!!!!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Never saw a lad into himself as much as the black haired gay guy. Look at my muscles, look at my tattoos, look at my lovely clothes. You say first cause I know you're into me and I'll take that ego boost. Feck off.

Really was your stereotypical Latin lothario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

amdublin wrote: »
    And tbh I don't think the black haired fella was smart enough for him anyway - not knowing that airbus was a plane when he said he worked with airplanes!!!!! :eek: Thinking he meant an air coach!!!!!

Bullet dodged. Yer man seemed absolutely vacuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Why do they say 'u go first" then proceed to say no when it's their turn?

• Advertisement

Why do they say 'u go first" then proceed to say no when it's their turn?

When they are planning on saying no they should really say it first to spare the other person their blushes. Bearded fella probably just wanted the ego boost. Seemed the type.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was your man with French daddy girl, he asked was she 100% Irish on this show before or another, looks familiar can't remember his name but bright blue eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joe Dixon

The two gay guys advertised themselves perfectly for any potential future adventures they might have, one as a descent enough individual in it for the right reasons, the other as a vain, self indulgent arse.
    I think job well done even if it was hard on one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

very enjoyable last night.

The 19yro couple on their very first dates were a bit cringey "OHHH MY GAWD, OH MY GAWD" the only reason they were even shown was because of the deaths in the respective families.

Casey Affleck and the French "Model". He very modestly said afterwards that she was out of his league .... other way around dude. She is a mess (albeit with great legs) but he is a handsome bastard with unbelievable blue eyes (needs to polish up the small talk though).

The Latin lad, fair play to him, he had his sthick well rehearsed and knew his business .... Women love a man who takes charge, simples.

The Dub lad and Tyrone girl. She is tarted up to the last and has everything on show (maybe a show-off or simply desperate) ... he is very casual and a little "too cool for school"...in fact I'd say he is far more vain and conceited than her. Probably a good match.

The gay lads are always the best dates. Beardy man is shallow & conceited beyond belief. The Donegal guy who got jilted is going to be banging like a jack-hammer in the coming weeks. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

bcklschaps wrote: »

The Dub lad and Tyrone girl. She is tarted up to the last and has everything on show (maybe a show-off or simply desperate) ... he is very casual and a little "too cool for school"...in fact I'd say he is far more vain and conceited than her. Probably a good match.

Don't know if I'd say he was "too cool for school". Got the impression he was just a bit dull. Oddly enough this is probably a good match as she's overly extrovert. I think he was in shock when he walked in and saw her and couldn't believe his luck.

Was anyone else thinking the Casey Affleck lad looked like Brian Lenihan. Thought his date was gorgeous and extremely down to earth. A pair of braces on her for a few months and she'll be a ten.

Now onto the gay lads. As soon as the bearded lad said "usually people only go out with me because of my looks", I knew we were onto a winner. Oh look, I'll casually take off my jacket to show off my tattoos. And you go first so I can turn you down. Oh and I'll let you pay for the meal even though I know I'll turn you down. He's like a parody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

mfceiling wrote: »
    He was well groomed but I wouldn't have called him good looking at all! I'm in the gym ALL the time, I got 3 times a week :blink::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

*go

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

What's the young lads youtube channel? Has he got some sort of youtube channel fame that your one knew him?
    bcklschaps wrote: »
    very enjoyable last night.

The 19yro couple on their very first dates were a bit cringey "OHHH MY GAWD, OH MY GAWD" the only reason they were even shown was because of the deaths in the respective families.

Casey Affleck and the French "Model". He very modestly said afterwards that she was out of his league .... other way around dude. She is a mess (albeit with great legs) but he is a handsome bastard with unbelievable blue eyes (needs to polish up the small talk though).

The Latin lad, fair play to him, he had his sthick well rehearsed and knew his business .... Women love a man who takes charge, simples.

The gay lads are always the best dates. Beardy man is shallow & conceited beyond belief. The Donegal guy who got jilted is going to be banging like a jack-hammer in the coming weeks. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

That was very much alright. Thought the first couple (Tyrone & Swords) were well suited to each other, but he's still sowing his wild oats I'd say. Not for settling down for a few years.

Liked the two young "first daters", CF girl was very cute. They were well suited to each other.

French girl is stunning and seems down to earth, which isn't always a given. Her date seemed a bit uninterested in her until she said she was a model. I actually thought he was initially more into her because of this, but i think he fell for her at the end.

Portugese lad is full of himself, seemed to be on to promote himself and if she wants to be settled by 30, she'd better look elsewhere.

I've come across Timmie before, he is as he is on TV, a narcisstic, manipulative ego. There's a reason why he never lasts more than 4 dates, and I think we all got a taste of why.

Donegal gay fella had a lovely back story and a lucky escape. i reckon there's a bus load of potential suitors on the way to Letterkenny from The George this weekend. He's the best catch of the night (and I'm saying that as a straight man).

I hope it's not like last year where the pick of the bunch were on the first week and it got a bit dull after that. Funnily enough, the most memorable one from last year (the South African girl) was with a Donegal lad as well that night. They know how to pick them up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Red Kev wrote: »
    That was very much alright. Thought the first couple (Tyrone & Swords) were well suited to each other, but he's still sowing his wild oats I'd say. Not for settling down for a few years.

Liked the two young "first daters", CF girl was very cute. They were well suited to each other.

French girl is stunning and seems down to earth, which isn't always a given. Her date seemed a bit uninterested in her until she said she was a model. I actually thought he was initially more into her because of this, but i think he fell for her at the end.

Portugese lad is full of himself, seemed to be on to promote himself and if she wants to be settled by 30, she'd better look elsewhere.

I've come across Timmie before, he is as he is on TV, a narcisstic, manipulative ego. There's a reason why he never lasts more than 4 dates, and I think we all got a taste of why.

Donegal gay fella had a lovely back story and a lucky escape. i reckon there's a bus load of potential suitors on the way to Letterkenny from The George this weekend. He's the best catch of the night (and I'm saying that as a straight man).

I hope it's not like last year where the pick of the bunch were on the first week and it got a bit dull after that. Funnily enough, the most memorable one from last year (the South African girl) was with a Donegal lad as well that night. They know how to pick them up there!
    Guess we'll be hearing more about this participant soon? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What's the young lads youtube channel? Has he got some sort of youtube channel fame that your one knew him?

He said he worked for the channel 'Facts'.
    From what I can see they do a lot of 'Irish people try horrible tasting foreign snacks for the first time' videos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is he not in Rorys Stories?its a gaa banter joke page
    They have done work for rte so prob how he got picked

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That latin fella was a bit of a tosser, Sinead looked a bit uncomfortable when he rammed his tongue down her throat.

Maybe I missed it but were they the only couple where it didn't say if they met up for a second date?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I felt so sorry for the Donegal lad last night, he seemed to be a proper gentleman. Timmie was one cruel sh1te to treat him the way he did. As Rev Kev said, Donegal man will be a great catch for someone.

#LuckyEscape

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭Heckler

p to the e wrote: »
    Don't know if I'd say he was "too cool for school". Got the impression he was just a bit dull. Oddly enough this is probably a good match as she's overly extrovert. I think he was in shock when he walked in and saw her and couldn't believe his luck.

Was anyone else thinking the Casey Affleck lad looked like Brian Lenihan. Thought his date was gorgeous and extremely down to earth. A pair of braces on her for a few months and she'll be a ten.

Now onto the gay lads. As soon as the bearded lad said "usually people only go out with me because of my looks", I knew we were onto a winner. Oh look, I'll casually take off my jacket to show off my tattoos. And you go first so I can turn you down. Oh and I'll let you pay for the meal even though I know I'll turn you down. He's like a parody.

A pair of braces ? Thats all we need, another hollywood chrome bumper. She was stunning looking and her slightly less than perfectly straight teeth gave her character. By far the most attractive of the night.

Could do with more waitress. Shes cute.

Timmie is a narcissist but he let him down ok in the end. Was a bit cringe at a 43 year old in tears after being rejected after a first date. (yes I heard all about his hardship being the only gay in the village)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

The waitress looks like she actually had her teeth done :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I was looking at this episode from behind my pillow. It was great! So cringeworthy!! I thought the guy from swords was very cool for school and the Tyrone girl seemed lovely, doesn't need all that make up. I really didn't like the way Timmy-bearded but let the Donegal guy pay for meal when he knew there wouldn't be another date and the way he let the other guy go first and say he liked him only to then reject him. He should have spared the guys pride a little and said he didn't like him before the other guy made an ejit of himself. I reckon the Donegal guy will find someone lovely now after the show.
    Can't wait for next week!!
    Was supposed to be a background dated on this show . Raging (not really )I met my now boyfriend before I could go and see the real dates first hand lol :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just watched it never seen it before and really enjoyed it. Bit cheap that the contestants have to pay!
    Did the cork girl meet the portugese guy again?
    As for the gay guy what a douche, when asked would he go again before he said you go first it looked like he was going to say would love too. Just an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

pc7 wrote: »
    Just watched it never seen it before and really enjoyed it. Bit cheap that the contestants have to pay!
    The contestants do have their expenses covered but for TV purposes the payment part is included - who offers/pays a bill is often a crucial part of any date.
    I'm still raging that the Donegal lad paid for Timmie's food, if there was any justice, Timmie would have left the restaurant wearing it :mad:

Advertisement