Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

pc7 wrote: »
    Just watched it never seen it before and really enjoyed it. Bit cheap that the contestants have to pay!
    Did the cork girl meet the portugese guy again?

The uk is the same Re: paying. It's a key element in fairness.

As for cork girl, for her sake I hope not. Not after he physically tried to swallow her whole on prime time tv!!! Morto for the poor girl, his throat movements made it like a scene from a horror movie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It turns out that Timmie was crowned Mr. Gay (Clare) in 2013 and he went on to be a contestant in Mr. Gay Ireland, it seems that the whole thing has gone to his head. If he doesn't rein in his MASSIVE ego he'll find it impossible to get past Date 4 when his looks fade.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5615867/Photoshoot-with-Mr-Gay-Clare-(Timmie-Murphy)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

It turns out that Timmie was crowned Mr. Gay (Clare) in 2013 and he went on to be a contestant in Mr. Gay Ireland, it seems that the whole thing has gone to his head. If he doesn't rein in his MASSIVE ego he'll find it impossible to get past Date 4 when his looks fade.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5615867/Photoshoot-with-Mr-Gay-Clare-(Timmie-Murphy)

But he wasn't even good looking I though his beard was very odd it looked painted on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

pc7 wrote: »
    As for the gay guy what a douche, when asked would he go again before he said you go first it looked like he was going to say would love too. Just an asshole.

His reaction when Donegal guy said he'd pay said it all really; the whole "fake surprise" and "oh dearie me, is another person insisting that they pay for the privilege of my company? I must be wonderful indeed" schtick is a bit nauseating. The way he took off his jacket..."Oh it's very hot in here, I'll take of my jacket [with the short sleeve shirt with uprolled cuffs and it all tailored in to show off my muscles] act was laughable too"

It was a bit clear at the beginning that they were like chalk and cheese...
    Very confident Mr Gay Clare v Guy who came out at 39
    Dublin based v Letterkenny
    Grooming business v Engineer
    Twat v Very decent fella

Like I said I came across Timmie before in the course of work and he's no long term catch. Unless you like the self-obsessed type. He called himself a Princess which is the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Frizzy hair seems like a lovely girl, way too nice for him.

I thought she seemed lovely as well, the one you'd most like to bump into in real life.

However I thought her response the overly glam Nordy girl in the bathroom was a bit catty/ungenerous.

Nordy girl : you are really gorgeous.
    Frizzy hair : Thanks. Your make up is lovely, did you get it professionally done?

In the nuanced language of women in the bathroom that would generally not be taken kindly. The equivalent of "you're beautiful" followed by "thanks and you clearly know someone who does a good coat of ronseal varnish".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I thought she seemed lovely as well, the one you'd most like to bump into in real life.

However I thought her response the overly glam Nordy girl in the bathroom was a bit catty/ungenerous.

Frizzy hair : Thanks. Your make up is lovely, did you get it professionally done?

In the nuanced language of women in the bathroom that would generally not be taken kindly. The equivalent of "you're beautiful" followed by "thanks and you clearly know someone who does a good coat of ronseal varnish".

How is she lovely so?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I viewed that more as someone being a little socially awkward rather than being intentionally catty. People often blurt things out when they're in slightly uncomfortable situations and only realise after they had worded it in a way that could be taken up wrongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I viewed that more as someone being a little socially awkward rather than being intentionally catty. People often blurt things out when they're in slightly uncomfortable situations and only realise after they had worded it in a way that could be taken up wrongly.

I don't know! She is a really beautiful girl, I'd think she's pretty well practised at the fine art of receiving compliments and giving them. The easiest thing for a socially awkward person to do is say "oh thanks and you too".
    I know as I'm socially awkward and I've said this to a 90 year old priest in a similar situation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I don't know! She is a really beautiful girl, I'd think she's pretty well practised at the fine art of receiving compliments and giving them. The easiest thing for a socially awkward person to do is say "oh thanks and you too".
    I know as I'm socially awkward and I've said this to a 90 year old priest in a similar situation. :D

Well i didn't see it that way at all. I am socially awkward too, but would be more likely to have said something similar to her and completely not meant it that way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watched it last night.

Thought the two young ones were actually quite cute.

The gay lad with the beard, he is no more 34 than I'm Cristiano Ronaldo.

Minimum of 40.

Big fan of the UK show but I think part of why I like is because of the "staff". The maître d' in the Irish version just comes across as a smug gowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Watched it last night.

Thought the two young ones were actually quite cute.

The gay lad with the beard, he is no more 34 than I'm Cristiano Ronaldo.

Minimum of 40.

Big fan of the UK show but I think part of why I like is because of the "staff". The maître d' in the Irish version just comes across as a smug gowl.

No one compares with Fred..God I'd love a date with himðŸ˜The staff are brilliant too..loving the hotel version.

Timmie is the worst I've ever seen..what a horrible way to treat anyone and he needs to invest in a new mirror as his one does lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Did they ever say at the end how the Portuguese sleazebag and the Cork one got on? Don't think they did unless I missed it.

Did they ever say at the end how the Portuguese sleazebag and the Cork one got on? Don't think they did unless I missed it.

She had to undergo emergency surgery straight after the show to replace the insides of her that he'd swallowed up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It was on one of the Twitter pages that they went on a second date. Think it was the RTE2 page

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Is this being shown on RTE player or anywhere online? I checked the player today but couldn't find it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭tinpib

tradhead wrote: »
    Is this being shown on RTE player or anywhere online? I checked the player today but couldn't find it :(

Yep, it's there. Are you abroad? If so you will need to use a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I have the app and the VPN (I just watched an episode of fair city for the laugh, shocking stuff altogether) but it's not coming up in the list of programmes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭tinpib

I use a VPN and a browser on my laptop, not the app, and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Didn't realise there was a thread for this! Funny to see what everyone else makes of all the daters, interesting that everyone can have different opinions on people despite us all seeing the same thing. I think you can almost call whether the date will go well from when you first see them.

I thought the young couple who were on their first ever dates were absolutely hilarious, it was so awkward but it made for great watching, they both seemed very nice and got along well so glad to see they went on a second date since. Fair play to the both of them going for their first ever date when it's A) a blind date and B) on national television! Can only imagine how nervous they must have been before hand. That was the best date of the episode for me.

The Tyrone girl and guy from Swords didn't seem like a complete match but I'd say they were both attracted to one another and got along better as it went on. She seemed really bubbly and was doing all of the talking & laughing, I couldn't decide if he was just quiet or if he was trying to play it too cool. I thought the couple from Dublin (girl with the curly hair) were a nice match, he seemed a bit shy and I got the impression he was a bit intimidated by her when she said she was a model and he said he thought she was out if his league, but she seemed easy to get on with. Portuguese guy seemed like a pro, didn't think they would be a match at first but he seemed well used to dating and won her over during the dinner, found it hard to believe that girl had not been on even one date over the past 8 years?! She must have been mortified when he went in for the kiss at the end!

The gay guy from Clare was a complete bellend, they were not suited to each other whatsoever. He was just there to get his ego stroked and completely played the guy from Donegal. He didn't seem interested during the date and then he allowed the other guy to pay and then he made him go first when he knew he was just going to fob him off afterwards.

• Advertisement

Timmie hits back at 'Online Bullies' in an interview with his local newspaper.
    The support he has received over the last week has helped him cope with the negativity, he stressed.

“Because of the massive support I got from people in Clare, it makes me realise I don’t care about these online bullies. That’s all that matters to me, what friends, family and local people thought of me, not what strangers on the street thought.”
    Timmie-HR.jpg?resize=238%2C300

I don't know what support he is on about ..... and I live in Clare. My FB newsfeed was full of people enthusiastically sharing posts BEFORE his appearance on the show but since the show aired there has been a deafening silence. It's like the show never happened and Timmie was never a contestant.

http://www.clarechampion.ie/first-dates-star-defends-himself-after-online-slating/

Informing him that he behaved like a tit doesn't equal bullying. I'm guessing he's the kid in school who dishes it out and then cries the second someone stands up to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Informing him that he behaved like a tit doesn't equal bullying.

With all due respect, yes it does.

If people are approaching this guy on the street unsolicited and calling him names, telling him what they thought of his appearance, criticizing how he behaved etc. then that's bullying.

I thought what he did was pretty classless, but people approaching him in public? That's just sad.

Yeah he came across as a turd and all, but he's getting way too much of a hard time. Its only a dating show! The other lad didn't help matters, insisting on paying and then coming across majorly desperate.

The killer though was timmie letting him go first. But ya, hardly a hangable offense!

Wooops damn double post

With all due respect, yes it does.

If people are approaching this guy on the street unsolicited and calling him names, telling him what they thought of his appearance, criticizing how he behaved etc. then that's bullying.

I thought what he did was pretty classless, but people approaching him in public? That's just sad.

All that stuff is bullying, saying online that he behaved like a tit, is not bullying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Here we go!

Jaysus, some of the contestants in the promo appear to be completely bonkers :D

Jaysus, some of the contestants in the promo appear to be completely bonkers :D

Yay!

• Advertisement

Oh jesus put it away

Advertisement