Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Cool opinion bro, most people don't need your acceptance and never asked for it but ok. Keep crying over other people's business

A bit like all the redit incel circle jerks deciding what other people need to do with their lives to make them feel comfortable, an echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,816 ✭✭✭billyhead

Just aswell it's on after the watershed hour. Imagine young children watching that. It's like a freak show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Well I certainly can have a modicum of respect towards them, and prefer that they weren't disappointed in me when they were alive at least.

Do you know the way every family has a black sheep that doesn't always get along with the rest? This is why, self-centred individualism.

There is no way at all this butt-plug thing would get any air-time at all if it was a straight man claiming to be into swinging either. And I refuse to belief that odd-ball is getting so much action as well- ain't no oil painting unless it's just full of crathurs.

30 years ago people said the same thing about goths, emos, punks etc. 'Genderqueers' is quite simply a more recent trend, and youre just a new generation of helen lovejoy. People will turn 30, move out and have their creativity stiffled as always dont worry you'll get your way.

As for people who are genuinely gender dysphoric or transgender, they do not believe they can change gender, otherwise they'd have done so already to fit in and not be miserable. I expect you've never actually met a transgender person, go out into the world and learn something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mod: move the conversation on from these homophobic, transphobic segues.

Discuss the show, the contestants' dates - but this isn't an open door to start sledging or "debating" the topic of people's gender or sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Think the fella that was in to hurling maybe a little bit of a self sabotager. If the only issue was that his date wasn’t that into hurling, but he liked everything else then it makes no sense.

He even said that he doesn’t want to be joined at the hip with a partner meaning it’s a perfect opportunity to go to the matches solo.

if it was an excuse fair enough, but just made no sense on the face of it. They seemed to have a lovely date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Yeah I got like that was either an excuse and there was another reason, or he is a bit narrow minded / inexperienced to let different hobbies get in the way. I thought she would have been the one perhaps turning him down as she seemed to have a bit more life to her and was delighted when she said it would be a yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I agree with the self sabotage. There's definitely a backstory there.

From the snippets we were given , he was in an accident and told "the one" not to wait for him.....while completely admiral I could see how a person may not come back from that.

Did he move back home to his mother due to the accident or did he move because she was sick....I initially thought it was to look after the mother but then he was talking about his accident and I was too lazy to rewind.

Either way I think moving back from Finglas was a massive sacrifice and while he says he has no regrets I think his life may have been happier if that move hadn't happened....however in " what if" territory there!

He seemed decent though, I hope both of them find happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Was I the only one who thought the fake teeth, fake tan guy was very annoying? He is the kind of character I couldn't be around, seemed very fake to me, putting on an act. is he from Mayo? 😮 he doesn't seem like your typical Mayo man, Mayo people are usually very sound in my experience.

• Advertisement

I knew I had seen that Alan Lad before 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mykrodot

maybe he just wasn't that into her and made an excuse of sports!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭FREDNISMO

I taught the fella with the fake tan was one the fellas that sold carpet from the back of a hiace van.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sinead and Michael two nice people. Sinead has a really tremendous figure! Absolutely lovely person. Michael...give up on the hair would be my advice. Really shocked he said no! She doesn't like sport and going to sport....rrrrright. Useless reason.

Bel...no issue at all with trans people, quite the opposite but this "gender is my playground" nonsense along with the relationship anarchy comment, give me a break. Bit of a dose, would bore you at an orgy! Clearly on to promote his podcast. Sam grand I guess- "just wash it" high standards indeed, I dont know she seems to feel like she js tryinf to figure things out. Both a bit much for me especially Bel tbh.

Alan...Jesus ease of the sunbeds/fake tan. Hair kind of shocking too. Thought he was a bit of a dose initially but seemed like a lot of it probably bravado by the end. Megan very sound and good fun. Nice they are a couple!

Chaggie...arms! Driven fella. Nahia, very pretty bit of a scatterbrain the job hopping understandable given the health issues, really likeable as was he. Very nice match. Glad they said yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sinead reminds me of Shelley Long (Diane in Cheers), a lovely fit lady

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Michael made a mistake saying no in my opinion, and saying he wanted someone into sport was a bit ridiculous, especially with her being a yoga teacher. Based on that is it any wonder he's single this long. Nice fella though.

Bel was a dose but I thought Sam was lovely, no surprise they didn't end up together.

I found Alan irritating and on that basis I was a bit shocked that they're still an item. Thought she was a catch.

Chaggy and the equine girl, nice people, shame it didn't work out.

Oh ffs. POV: Next episode will feature people who know each other from social media and are repulsed by a botched brow lift. Said no sane person ever

https://www.facebook.com/reel/897902572026603?fs=e&fs=e&s=TIeQ9V

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

If it's the couple I'm thinking of, the blonde had (in my opinion) a thing for her best mate who was also on the show (but straight).

So until she gets over that crush I don't think she'll settle with anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spark_tank

I think Michael needs a kick up the arse for himself. Sinead was lovely.

Sam seemed like such a sweet person. I agree with the poster who said that she seems to be trying to figure things out. Would like to see her back on the show, with someone a bit more mainstream.

That and the number of people that the producers believe will generate significant numbers of clicks (be that positive or negative attention) is even smaller again. You're not looking at the average dater, not by a mile, and they seem to be selecting more and more extreme personalities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

The door again. Why don't they unlock both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I love her heels. I want.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Is yer man’s beard very shiny (or is that flecks of grey)??

Dunno what it says about me but I have never in my life heard of beard wax 😳🤣🤣every day’s a school day🤔

Whopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mykrodot

I love this older Dub couple, interesting stories, genuine people, they actually have something to say to each other. Life for people in this age group is real, not vacuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭kyote00

Wish version of Christy dighnam

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭SunnySundays

I really hate your man's language.

Very thing he says is so crude.

• Advertisement

Never thought I’d say it but bring back the Canadian barman….the “bants” the current guy offers are just cringe

Advertisement