Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

That Dundalk chap is as smooth and as subtle as sandpaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 morris_miner

this louth man can do better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ah gee give him a second chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Louth fella was dead sound. She was very nice too. Pity it didn't work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

This guy is very well spoken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

This guy is very well spoken

Which one?

I hope these two meet again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Delighted for Macklemore and the lad on crutches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kenmccarthy

Red Kev wrote: »
    Louth fella was dead sound. She was very nice too. Pity it didn't work out.
    I thought we were backin a winner there...suprised. ..individually they were both ok

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    Which one?

The guy doing the masters in planning in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ooooo that one who says she's uncomfortable looks good next week... :D

Love this show

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

David and Paddy singing to each other has made my night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

You feel that they already missed out on a trick by not having "I'm a bollix" lad from next week on with Milana or "have a **** for €500" girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,868 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Delighted for Macklemore and the lad on crutches.

He's the image of Richard Keogh

1131190.jpg?itok=uDiYCOUl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Interesting one there this evening.

The general consensus is that the Russo-Lithuanian one was a headwrecker but I thought she was great. I love those mad eccentric women, definitely my sort. She lost me at the horoscope's though, that's just incredibly stupid. She was very well put together though. Yer man was just totally out of his comfort zone and was totally unsuited to her, he didn't really seem to have much of a turn of phrase, which isn't going to play well for him in that world.

The gay guys with their therapy session. I don't think it really brought a lot into things.

The guy from Carlingford seemed to have a good solid head on his shoulders but they just weren't suited. She seemed nice though. When you have a kid though I imagine you can't really go into anything half-arsed.....so it's usually a definite no unless it's a definite yes.

The cousins thing was the most predictable thing of all. They pair off two young lads of various levels of physical attractiveness. The nerdy but pleasant guy goes off with the quirky one with the big personality but that's the main selling point. They end up committing to seeing each other again but more so on the basis of "sure why not". The more attractive one is paired off with the smokeshow. They could have sat together in silence for two hours and they would have said they felt a great connection as they both enjoyed the quiet and had so much in common "we both wear black and like game of thrones". I must say such commonalities never created much spark for me.

ligerdub wrote: »
    Interesting one there this evening.

The general consensus is that the Russo-Lithuanian one was a headwrecker but I thought she was great. I love those mad eccentric women, definitely my sort. She lost me at the horoscope's though, that's just incredibly stupid. She was very well put together though. Yer man was just totally out of his comfort zone and was totally unsuited to her, he didn't really seem to have much of a turn of phrase, which isn't going to play well for him in that world.

The gay guys with their therapy session. I don't think it really brought a lot into things.

The guy from Carlingford seemed to have a good solid head on his shoulders but they just weren't suited. She seemed nice though. When you have a kid though I imagine you can't really go into anything half-arsed.....so it's usually a definite no unless it's a definite yes.

The cousins thing was the most predictable thing of all. They pair off two young lads of various levels of physical attractiveness. The nerdy but pleasant guy goes off with the quirky one with the big personality but that's the main selling point. They end up committing to seeing each other again but more so on the basis of "sure why not". The more attractive one is paired off with the smokeshow. They could have sat together in silence for two hours and they would have said they felt a great connection as they both enjoyed the quiet and had so much in common "we both wear black and like game of thrones". I must say such commonalities never created much spark for me.
    Couldn't disagree with any of that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think tonight was the beginning of the end for the show. My biggest fear of the show was that it will just turn into a platform for people who want to be famous.

When I seen Aoife (18 ffs) I thought there was something strange. Then she came out with the acting line and it became clear that it was favour for a friend from an acting agent.

Paddy (The Gay Date) is a friend of Roz Purcell and is followed by many Irish Celebrities on twitter. Even exposé follows him. He's a stone wall luvvy.

Blue suit Dave I thought was genuine but it turns out he has been on Ray Darcy and the Late Late Show about dating. His Twitter handle is some like Dates With Dave (Seen it earlier, can't find it now)

First Dates is at its best when they are genuine people, in it for the right reasons. They are going to down the job for the boys route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Yep, agreed on all fronts. It's a pity because it shouldn't be that difficult to do.

• Advertisement

I think tonight was the beginning of the end for the show. My biggest fear of the show was that it will just turn into a platform for people who want to be famous.

When I seen Aoife (18 ffs) I thought there was something strange. Then she came out with the acting line and it became clear that it was favour for a friend from an acting agent.

Paddy (The Gay Date) is a friend of Roz Purcell and is followed by many Irish Celebrities on twitter. Even exposé follows him. He's a stone wall luvvy.

Blue suit Dave I thought was genuine but it turns out he has been on Ray Darcy on an another programme about dating. His Twitter handle is some like Dates With Dave (Seen it earlier, can't find it now)

First Dates is at its best when they are genuine people, in it for the right reasons. They are going to down the job for the boys route.
    Jesus...I thought it was all 'random'....you might be onto something here....typical rte /montrose????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Blue suit Dave I thought was genuine but it turns out he has been on Ray Darcy and the Late Late Show about dating. His Twitter handle is some like Dates With Dave (Seen it earlier, can't find it now)

Wish I hadn't read that now! :mad:

Typical RTE circlejerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Boardz Fiend

Good points. There had been talk of RTE going down the 'Celebrity First Dates' road, i reckon the production company (Coco Television) struggled to get the numbers on single Irish celebs and instead had a last minute scramble to keep the regular format show on the road & make up numbers with Z listers, wannabe actors and a few regular folk.

Red Kev wrote: »
    She'd be a headwrecker long term.

Even short term she wouldn't be worth it.

I'm pissing myself watching on player, if Milana had shorter dark hair she could be my partner and her saying with almost the same accent "i'm nothing like her.... am I?" :D

They could have be separated at birth lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not to mention the first episode had a lad from Rory's Stories and the Facts channel from Youtube on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Well if you can call them celebrities then I'm a celebrity too because I got 400 likes on a picture on Facebook once.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You would be hard pressed to know that 18 year old was from Dublin with that accent she had going on.

Yer man that was obsessed with his hair was well suited to her in fairness, God help him if he ever starts to go bald.

I think Milana was looking for a husband and that's what scared off the guy she was on the date with, although I'd definitely date her she was hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I watch it just to cringe but more so because a friend of mine from show vikings is the barman. Nicest bloke I've ever met

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I watch it just to cringe but more so because a friend of mine from show vikings is the barman. Nicest bloke I've ever met

Didn't cop that he was in Vikings, was he in it for long?

Advertisement