Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

The golfers were so cute but a bit young to be looking for love.

Eamonn from Limerick was lovely but I'm partial to Limerick men!

What was the story with the Thurles girls make up. Awful! She reminded me of someone I dislike a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

rusty cole wrote: »
    what's the story with the whole, I have been single for 3 years!!! you're only bleedin 22 mate

This exactly!! Can't get over the whole astonishment bit when one of the dates says "oh I never had a long term relationship" You are a baby!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Oops! wrote: »
    She would of been in Una Healy's gang back in the day around the town....

More like Una Healy's mother. Is it me or do all the women look older than their ages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Aiden was terrible, absolutely no conversation skills, could have been nerves and being on TV. But at least he was a decent chat.

The Roscommon one completely lead him on at the end though, all she wanted was the confidence boost of him saying he wanted to see her again. If she wasn't interested she shouldn't have eaten the dessert out of his hand. Think she thought she was better looking than she was too. Average looking and poor personality and overinflated opinion of herself, type of girl that stays single for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

A contestant on the first series of First Dates Ireland has been given a lifetime ban from contacting celebrity chef Dylan McGrath after she admitted harassing him over a two month period.
    Twenty six year old Daphney Sanasie had kept pestering the former Masterchef Ireland judge after they had gone on two dates in early 2015, Dublin District Court had heard.

She bombarded the chef with nuisance phone calls and disturbing messages including texts about “demons and souls” because she thought it was funny, the court was told.

The model and student from South Africa, who has an address at Jamestown Road, in Dublin 8, pleaded guilty to harassing Dylan McGrath from September 9 until November 21, 2015 during which time 120 texts, WhatsApp messages and phone calls were sent.

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Aiden was terrible, absolutely no conversation skills, could have been nerves and being on TV. But at least he was a decent chat.

The Roscommon one completely lead him on at the end though, all she wanted was the confidence boost of him saying he wanted to see her again. If she wasn't interested she shouldn't have eaten the dessert out of his hand. Think she thought she was better looking than she was too. Average looking and poor personality and overinflated opinion of herself, type of girl that stays single for a long time.

+1

She knew she didn't want to see him again and let him go first, the gay guy got dogs abuse for doing the same thing in the first episode and she did exactly the same thing last night.

Passenger wrote: »
    A contestant on the first series of First Dates Ireland has been given a lifetime ban from contacting celebrity chef Dylan McGrath after she admitted harassing him over a two month period.

Link

She's all right looking, I'd let her bladder on about demons all she wanted if a bit of action was on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Rekop dog wrote: »

I thought she was particularly cruel as she knew he was eager.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

She's all right looking, I'd let her bladder on about demons all she wanted if a bit of action was on the cards.

Bunny boilers are rarely worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone have experience of being a background dater on this show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭thesultan

The two golfers seemed to get on very well, could make a nice couple

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone have experience of being a background dater on this show?

A friend applied and stated she only wanted to be background and they would not let her apply
    You have to go in willing to be on TV and then they may or may not choose you for the show

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

A friend applied and stated she only wanted to be background and they would not let her apply
    You have to go in willing to be on TV and then they may or may not choose you for the show

Oh right it's just they have 2 different sections to apply one to be on da main show and the other background dater, that's the one I clicked on. Anyway thanks for da reply.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Finally caught last week's episode. Hate it so much when the girls let the guys pay when they know they won't be meeting up again.

Where in Dublin is it filmed does anyone know?

Where in Dublin is it filmed does anyone know?

The Gibson Hotel at the Point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Do these people actually work there full time? Or are they just part of the show?

Do these people actually work there full time? Or are they just part of the show?

They're hired for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Her teeth are very white! They seem like they will get along well.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Her teeth are very white! They seem like they will get along well.

Well they're in the same mouth, they'd want to get along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Maria's gas craic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

First time I've watched the Irish version - do they use the vulgar language on the ch4 one, I don't think so, just flicked over from Irish masterchef on tv3 and the same, ffin and blindin.

I'm far from a prude but is it all necessary? I think it's shambolic

vicwatson wrote: »
    First time I've watched the Irish version - do they use the vulgar language on the ch4 one, I don't think so, just flicked over from Irish masterchef on tv3 and the same, ffin and blindin.

Haven't noticed any excessive vulgarity tbh . But lets face it , its reality tv and its after the watershed so why beep it out . If thats the way they talk thats the way they talk. Some will be more vulgar then others.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

vicwatson wrote: »

But theres hardly any swearing, even less in Masterchef? You must not have met a lot of chefs in real life btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BeboHun

What was going on with the lad behind him.

BeboHun wrote: »
    What was going on with the lad behind him.

The blonde lad ? wasn't he the one who was flirting with her when she was waiting for her date at the bar . I think he was trying to remind her that he existed as she was getting along so well with yer man.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Oh God a lot of talk about the ex.

He's a nice guy anyway. Not sure if she'll be interested later.

As for the Star wars lad, he'll struggle to find anyone his age without children or relationship baggage unless he aims creepily young.

• Advertisement

Did he really say c**t (I can't even type it) and it was allowed haha!!

Tut Tut!

Advertisement